What did you do to your Supra today?

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
I am second guessing it cause it doesn't actually connect back to the intake. Just blows air near it. I thought it was supposed to connect back to it....

20220918_182044.jpg

Any worry about it blocking the cooler right behind it?
May be fine for any non-track car

You know the grill to the left ( in pic) basically already leads directly to intake?

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium

You know the grill to the left ( in pic) basically already leads directly to intake?
I had this concern as well but figured I would give it a go. I plan on doing some testing to see what impact it has, if any.

Last edited:

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
The intake pulls its air from directly behind the headlight. None of the factory vents feed air there from what I could tell when I had the bumper off, they just feed misc radiators and the wheel well/brakes. There’s a horizontal separator that isolates all of the vents from the headlight and higher area, in fact you have to cut a large hole through this barrier when installing the Velossa kit.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I need this. Care to share some more details please!
The specific kit from Bimmertech is the NBT EVO ID6 head unit option with touchscreen. Also, make sure you order the automatic transmission model.

They send two different remote wires along with the kit that I didn't use as the MENU button on our iDrive is what controls the front camera.

I installed the MMI behind the OEM head unit. It's a very tight fit, but there is room when pushed in all the way and vertically to the back. You can tuck all the wires to either side of the console interior. Just take your time and be careful.

The wiring for the front camera itself can just be routed above the driver footwell panel and up through that firewall grommet that everyone uses for the JB4 install.

I had to Dremel out about 2mm of the front grill to fit the camera flush. It's much easier to take the front bumper off to mount and route the wire, but I didn't want to deal with bumper alignment issues as I already did that once in the past and had a couple hours worth of OCD alignment woes.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Yeah, it isn't a closed system, as you discovered. Would make no difference in terms of performance if it were a true "ram air" system on this car (or any forced induction vehicle for that matter). The turbo is already squishing and blowing to a far greater degree than a "ram air" system possibly could. Would you be willing to take a picture of where the Velossa Tech system empties out and how it aligns with the fresh air inlet on the car? I have one of these in the garage waiting to be installed.
If I saw this sooner I would have taken a picture for you! Although, everything is behind the headlight so I dont know how much good a picture would have done without taking the headlight out. Lets just say it does not align at all with the factory inlet. The factory inlet points out towards the front of the bumper. The Velossa goes sideways.

The scoop is honestly so small, I am not worried about it restricting flow. I do track my car so we will see if it does anything bad. Next weekend long event is mid Oct, so stay tuned!

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
I found out that I could notably improve my experience with the stock speaker system by combining these equalizer settings (https://www.supramkv.com/threads/how-to-improve-oe-sub-bass-quality-and-eliminate-vibrations.5092/) along with choosing my preferred equalizer settings within Spotify (my preferred music app) on my iPhone.

I did tadda’s settings immediately when I got the car and they helped, but ‘stacking’ those equalizer settings in the Supra along with the equalizer settings within Spotify gave the car noticeably more oomph.

I highly recommend trying it out if you use Spotify and want a bit more out of your Supra sound system.

I listen to bass heavy electronic music and hip hop predominantly, so I used “electronic” or “hip hop” (and tinkered from there to my preferences) within Spotify and was immediately treated to more bass (and an overall sound that I prefer).

Note: Spotify’s equalizer settings will apply to anything you output to. Bonus for me, it also made my airpods sound better (to me).

Last edited:

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I found out that I could notably improve my experience with the stock speaker system by combining these equalizer settings (https://www.supramkv.com/threads/how-to-improve-oe-sub-bass-quality-and-eliminate-vibrations.5092/) along with choosing my preferred equalizer settings within Spotify (my preferred music app) on my iPhone.

I did tadda’s settings immediately when I got the car and they helped, but ‘stacking’ those equalizer settings in the Supra along with the equalizer settings within Spotify gave the car notice more oomph.

I highly recommend trying it out if you use Spotify and want a bit more out of your Supra sound system.

I listen to bass heavy electronic music and hip hop predominantly, so I used “electronic” or “hip hop” (and tinkered from there to my preferences) within Spotify and was immediately treated to more bass (and an overall sound that I prefer).

Note: Spotify’s equalizer settings will apply to anything you output to. Bonus for me, it also made my airpods sound better (to me).
TIL that you need better taste in music.

tjk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium Nitro Yellow
Driveway Labs "Best Trunk Button" install 🥵🍑

5A323AA0-EBDE-4EF9-B5F0-52918A60465F.jpeg
7E2CD4BE-FB01-4A4F-B08B-98A2CD9BE487.jpeg
CCB7CF1C-CCD2-4E34-A470-A9B7D06494F3.jpeg
Step-by-step process somewhere? A video?
Need to understand how much of trouble this install is, because the trunk really bugs me. Not even the lack of a button, but the fact that it locks itself with a door slam.

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Step-by-step process somewhere? A video?
Need to understand how much of trouble this install is, because the trunk really bugs me. Not even the lack of a button, but the fact that it locks itself with a door slam.
Mine no longer does that. I guess after a couple years the struts aren’t as slick or the latch lubrication is wearing off or something. Have to really slam the door now to make it re-latch. Close normally and the hatch stays open.

Reactions: tjk