What did you do to your Supra today?

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
I went out to the track today. Unfortunately mother nature decided this would be a great day to rain. It ended up like a slip-n-slide...I tried taking the traction/stability control off but it was just too much so I left it on for the day. Hopefully next time I pick a better day! I still ended up hitting 135+ on the straights though, lol

DSC_0659.jpg
The rain matches your car’s mood: dark grey!

My first ever HPDE we had a freak torrential rainstorm 10 min before heading out on track. It was probably good for me, since it forced me to chill a bit.

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Finally took mine out for a drive today after 3 weeks, I was very excited (little I knew...)

Had a few very short nice moments taking some fast bends, but generally not great, starting to wonder whether it was worth it...

It's always something, the typical stupid seat or golf tail gating me anywhere while I drive normally, the coppers everywhere that seem to spawn the moment I move into the center reservation to avoid a pot hole and then being nervous for 2 miles looking in my mirror waiting to see the blues, the potholes everywhere, the white van contractor somehow spawning out of nowhere no matter what, wanting to drive faster than Lewis Hamilton through a 30 speed limit village, having to constantly stop in laybys, to let idiots behind me go, and cherry on the cake, a near miss accident at a tight gap where I had right of way (black arrow for me, red arrow for them) but the insecure idiot in a van seeing a bright sports car must have felt the urge to try and squeeze through just to piss me off and having to emergency brake.

I was thinking of having these relaxing drives in my Supra when I bought it, but it seems I was day dreaming and seen too many Youtube videos, reality sucks.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
So much power that I decided to hit some plywood on the freeway and damage my front bumper right after the install 🙃. People need to secure their damn loads...

Dashcam.png

damage.jpg
Ugh. Must be Trash lip Thursday. Me too... :rolleyes:

2023-07-20 19-14-36.jpeg

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Installed the Verus Engineering rear diffuser. Got some track days in August to see if I feel any difference.

IMG_4424.jpeg
Literally just did the same thing. Pain in the assssss getting everything to align around the dumb ass FI exhaust I have.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I went out to the track today. Unfortunately mother nature decided this would be a great day to rain. It ended up like a slip-n-slide...I tried taking the traction/stability control off but it was just too much so I left it on for the day. Hopefully next time I pick a better day! I still ended up hitting 135+ on the straights though, lol

DSC_0659.jpg
Damn I love the color! And way to go not sitting on the sidelines (with all the new Porsche guys 😂)

Sounds counterintuitive but if you just one click (turn off the TC) and go slower, you’ll get a better feel of the car. That track looks great for it, lots of run off in the picture. When you go back to dry you’ll be mega faster. Learning to drive in the wet will really hone and accelerate your track skills at a much faster pace.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
So much power that I decided to hit some plywood on the freeway and damage my front bumper right after the install 🙃. People need to secure their damn loads...

Dashcam.png

damage.jpg
Pop it back into place + a little polish, it'll be fine.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Sounds counterintuitive but if you just one click (turn off the TC) and go slower, you’ll get a better feel of the car. That track looks great for it, lots of run off in the picture. When you go back to dry you’ll be mega faster. Learning to drive in the wet will really hone and accelerate your track skills at a much faster pace.
Yeah that was the original plan, but as the day went on the rain got worse. I had an instructor with me, he tried driving a lap in the car with the TC off and then he immediately turned it back on and suggested I run with it enabled for the day and go back to trying without it when conditions were a bit better. Instead we just focused on braking and turn-in points, optimal lines, etc.

Rta95

First Name
Rahat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Dude same lol. It was so annoying to put on and for some reason none of the hardware they gave me fit each other. Had to improvise a lot.

Do you also get rocks collected in yours lol? Like small ones?

Literally just did the same thing. Pain in the assssss getting everything to align around the dumb ass FI exhaust I have.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Dude same lol. It was so annoying to put on and for some reason none of the hardware they gave me fit each other. Had to improvise a lot.

Do you also get rocks collected in yours lol? Like small ones?
Damn that sounds way worse. At least my hardware fit even though I had to improvise and extend the U mounts lol.
20230720_211003.jpg

I have up trying to make it level while on jackstands too and lining up all 3 rear sections to be level laterally was super annoying. Looks great but no idea if it's aerodynamically optimized at the angles it's at lmao

obito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tow hitch installed and seems really secure. Should be great for bringing tires and tools to the track. Took a little trial and error on fitment but went about as well as I hoped. I went with a CURT 19101 hitch and drilled holes in the rear impact bar to mount it. Used some threadlocker on the pass through carriage bolts to make sure the nuts stayed on.

For the 4 screws that screw the diffuser on, the outside ones needed new holes drilled so I could pull it in to the normal mounting spots as the original ones wouldn't line up due to the hitch pushing the diffuser our ever so slightly. The middle two I just screwed the heatshield back to the spot. It is very secure even without being attached there. The slight pressure from the hitch does a good job keeping it in place. The clips where the brake light previously attached also needed to be cut off on the backside for clearance.

Hitch.JPG
I want to tow my motorcycle with this. Please come do this for me. Lol

EvilMKV

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tundra TRD Pro, 2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Finally home after our road trip up to Tennessee to take delivery of our Supra. In total, put over 1600 miles on the car, half of which was ripping it through the NC/TN mountains. Drove my truck to pick up dinner and I felt like I was driving a bus 😂

20230721_191947.jpg

Rta95

First Name
Rahat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I didn't have an issue with those mounts but I understand how you're feeling about the angles. At a certain point I was just like "F it" lol. If it works it works. If it doesn't I'll never be able to tell. 😅 And I already scraped the crap out of it going in to my driveway. Looks like I gotta angle even more now to get in and my car isn't even lowered lol.

Damn that sounds way worse. At least my hardware fit even though I had to improvise and extend the U mounts lol.
20230720_211003.jpg

I have up trying to make it level while on jackstands too and lining up all 3 rear sections to be level laterally was super annoying. Looks great but no idea if it's aerodynamically optimized at the angles it's at lmao