What do you do for a living?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Anyone hiring on their product team?
Sounds like you've multifaceted and high demanded talents. With many companies accepting remote, I'd think you can find a job easily! GL!!
My company has Lidar/software positions. That's me putting lidar in search. I'm sure they've others. Though, I don't know anyone there, so can't help too much. Some outsourced to low cost countries but I see one in Indiana... I'll PM you.
Sponsored

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
I did not, because easily could have. This comes up occasionally, so I always say this. Taking a low interest loan against assets (even depreciating ones) is preferable to your financial profile than spending cash on an (especially depreciating) asset. I always, always, always get nice long low interest loans for larger purchases, and keep the rest invested somewhere safeish. I have a good portfolio of art, land, and bunch in the markets. Even though they're down significantly now, they'll recover. Pulling money early results in fees/taxes/etc.

2% car loan or lose out on the 60k at 12% or whatever art/real estate/markets are doing.

or just pay cash, whatever.
That's terrific if you can earn a higher percentage than you're paying in interest. In the last month or so, my person portfolio is down more than 40%. Will it recover? Sure, eventually. The way the world is right now, I'm guessing that it isn't going to recover for several years. So paying cash for a car seems like the much better option to me.

Personally, I haven't taken out a loan for my last 7 vehicles. Cash deals only for me. I already have as much money invested as I want to invest, including retirement accounts and my own personal portfolio.

DennieC

First Name
Dennie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
Supply Chain Director

Life in my professional world is very challenging right now. But I still love what I do.

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
Director/buyer for a European style, open-air specialty food market.

Reactions: zrk