What do you do for a living?

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I did not, because easily could have. This comes up occasionally, so I always say this. Taking a low interest loan against assets (even depreciating ones) is preferable to your financial profile than spending cash on an (especially depreciating) asset. I always, always, always get nice long low interest loans for larger purchases, and keep the rest invested somewhere safeish. I have a good portfolio of art, land, and bunch in the markets. Even though they're down significantly now, they'll recover. Pulling money early results in fees/taxes/etc.

2% car loan or lose out on the 60k at 12% or whatever art/real estate/markets are doing.

or just pay cash, whatever.
You beat me to it. Same opinion here; why dump all that cash on the car when I can finance $35k at 1.8%?
Sponsored

RyanA90

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
‘23 Supra A91-MT Burnout
Quality Assurance at a Biotech company, They are hiring LMK if interested!

Last edited:

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Practially anyone can get a cor loan pretty easily these days. So the real question should be this: Who purchased a Supra and paid cash for it?
You beat me to it. Same opinion here; why dump all that cash on the car when I can finance $35k at 1.8%?
From Reddit Finance Wiki

lSoUQr2.jpeg

BraveDemon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra; 19 TTRS; 19 Velar P380 HSE; 15 GLA45 AMG
Bird Law?

My signature details what I do (for a top-level Toyota Dealer), and I've done most other jobs in the Automotive Sales, Service & Repair industry on my way here (where I figured I'd land).
Lol love that it’s always sunny reference and that would probably be more exciting than what I do. I represent owners and operators of long term care facilities and rep them in acquiring and divesting facilities and negotiating real estate and other types of financing (accounts receivable financing, term loans, bridge/mezz loans and HUD loans).

Honestly tho I’m with zrk’s opinion - if I could go back I’d go into a skilled trade profession.

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Okay shameless but here goes:

Anyone hiring on their product team? Recently lost my position as the only product manager for my company. Happy to provide more details and resume in PM.

For those curious I was a product manager for a company making LiDAR payloads for drones and manned aircraft along with the software to process this data into usable pointclouds and meshes for surveying or other uses.

lots of fun with sensors, drones, and a great team of guys small in number but great size in spirit.