What performance mods for 21 without tune?

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
Do you know if catless will work? iv'e heard of a few people telling me that they catless but iv'e also heard that catless without a tune blows engines..
Going catless is not worth it.
AOS/catch can, CAI, 2" cat back & air ride if you're looking for more power.

edit: is the OP Savagegeese?
Don't insult Jack and Mark like this. Lol

OP
OP
Mason

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
What is the downside of catless? Just the smell?

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Pollution. May not be a concern if you’re not subject to a sniffer or visual test.

Last edited:
Reactions: zrk

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
My personal opinion is the biggest upside of a down pipe is the tune. I know folks are using JB4 with some good results, but for me if I can't tune the car it's just not worth the issues putting in a downpipe like warranty, CEL, etc. It's risk vs reward. If you just want more sound start with a catback exhaust.

Powaup

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
Downpipe will get you ~18hp and air intake will you get you ~10hp up top without a tune

This video here they get 40 hp after downpipe is installed but most others I've seen get 20 so take it whit a grain of salt

And here is a car with intake getting 10 hp — advertised from Eventuri is 10-17hp

bigcat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Lightweight...!

carbon fiber stuff
bucket seats
lithium iron phosphate battery

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Get the Active Autowerke catted downpipe, it will increase HP, reduce back pressure and vastly improve the exhaust sound

frankelito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2020 3.0 P
Don’t forget tire upgrades. Anything over 450 rwhp is just spin until the ECU shuts you down then spin some more. ?

Performance is great but without traction its just bragging rights with your friends

-RJM
I been looking to upgrade my tires for a while now, do you have any recommendations? My supra is my daily, i'm pushing over 400 HP right now. Just looking for some street tires upgrades

Powaup

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
I been looking to upgrade my tires for a while now, do you have any recommendations? My supra is my daily, i'm pushing over 400 HP right now. Just looking for some street tires upgrades
Pilot Sport PS4S is a nice upgrade, and try to get wider rubber, 295 rears seem to be a good fit

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Don’t forget tire upgrades. Anything over 450 rwhp is just spin until the ECU shuts you down then spin some more. ?

Performance is great but without traction its just bragging rights with your friends

-RJM
This cannot be overstated and is my next costly upgrade. Even with minor modifications, you'll be wanting better tires than they put on the car from the factory. Maybe I'm just not running the right pressures, but I've been underwhelmed.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Cup 2's are always an awesome choice, but you're limiting yourself on the types of weather it's safe to drive in, and you'll be replacing them quite often. I'm not kidding about the weather limitation - it's rough in anything but very light rain, in my experience.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Wheels, decals, lowering springs, underglow. Mostly just decals tho..
~ And the most important item… tow hooks got to have tow hooks.

I hear they really make the car fast! ?

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
F1 Supercar 3 or 3R might work, but 3R has the same or greater wet weather limitations than Cup2 and higher degradation (like underdonk said). I actually think Cup2 is okay in the wet if you are careful. If you like being really stressed out in the rain, then get the Cup2.

Either is better than R888R which I think is just not a street tire.
Sponsored