What stud conversion kit does everyone use?

Jstyle

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0
So I hated this about my M3 and I just won’t live with it on my Supra. What stud conversion kit does everyone use to convert their cars to having traditional wheel studs?
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I did the motorsports hardware 14x1.25 to 14x1.5. I was always worried id cross thread the 1.25 thread and it happened, even though i put the lugnuts on by hand and use a torque wrench it stripped the conversion kit on one stud. Come to find out they did the conversion because they stripped the hub, my studs were welded in. I had to cut them out, replace the hub, wasn't going to let it happen again. Almost 25 years working as a tech or with cars in some way and every time if come across or done it, its always 1.25 pitch. BUT anyway

Motorsport hardware is good kit, if your really baller raceseng makes a awesome kit and what i wouldve ran if they had the thread conversion.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
This is my first car that uses Lug Bolts and I actually like it. I just use the alignment tool that my spacer kit came with when I ran Burger spacers to align the wheel. It's easy enough.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
This is my first car that uses Lug Bolts and I actually like it. I just use the alignment tool that my spacer kit came with when I ran Burger spacers to align the wheel. It's easy enough.
When you change your wheels often it's a huge pain. Otherwise it's mostly fine.

s0_Salty-

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra, 09 STi, 2019 Subaru Ascent
Same but I rather run studs than lug bolts. I'm using Motorsports hardware 14 x 1.25 75mm. Fits perfect with my rims.

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
I bought some off a crackhead. It was a good deal, but I had to use an impact gun to install them. :)

Natedawg

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche
When you change your wheels often it's a huge pain. Otherwise it's mostly fine.
How often do you change your wheels? I get it for a track car/ race car where you are swapping brake pads and tires fairly frequently but if you are pulling your wheels a few times a year it doesn't make sense.

A friend that works for Bimmerworld in sales always steers people away from studs. for a daily/ weekend car it's dumb. You need to tq the stud and the lug to the right spec. check tq spec constantly. Another point of failure. And they are considered a wear item you should replace them/ time them out. We run them on all the bmw race cars (endurance racing) but we replace pads and do wheel changes during the race. The BMW m4 GT4 timeout schedule is to change them every 10,000 kilometers.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
In the summer I drive it around town sometimes, on occasional date nights, shows, and bringing my daughter to school- street tires. I try to get to the drag strip once a week, but sometimes it's every other week or so. I don’t want to put miles on the Drag Radials, obviously, unless I’m at the strip Torquing the wheels isn't that big of a deal, really. You slap the torque wrench on, and.. turn it.

to answer directly, late May to early October, at ~weekly.. that’s.. 15-18ish times a season give or take. Could be more, could be less.

Edit: I see you're in Chicago.. whatcha doing Sunday?

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
+ 1 for motorsports hardware. I really like them.

The black anodizing does come off the studs a bit though if you get black

MKVDevo

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' Stratosphere Blue Premium 3.0
Noone running the vtto kit that ECS sells? I have a credit balance with ECS I was hoping to use on the conversion kit.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5