Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
Thanks for the replies.

I've arranged test drives for an RS6, Vantage V8 and P575 F-Type convertible next week.

Now I have the sensible BZ4x I can go for something less practical for the weekends. The F-Type with its supercharged 5.0 V8 is quite appealing with upwards of £20k off cars with 1k miles on them.

The RS6 has always interested me and I've previously had an A6 estate, albeit a diesel. So it'll be fun to experience that form factor with 600PS.
Let us know how you get on, a colleague turned up in his F type v8 it was very nice 👌🏻 but he was complaining about mpg only getting 18mpg haha, which is why I kind of made the move to a supra from a mustang, I do miss v8 noises but I'm in love with the supra
Sponsored

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
Loving my M240i at the moment!
Really happy with the replacement, I feel like the handling is much better (Maybe due to better alignment from factory)

Still has some small tail happy moments being X-Drive and RWD biased but the take off speed and grip is crazy.

The factory exhaust sound is just as good if not better (With the valve fuse mod to keep it open)

Don't really miss the supra too much other than the looks as it was very unique!
Untitled.jpg

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
A GT3
Almost pulled the trigger on one for this season. But it was too nice. I would drive it hard but I couldn’t bring myself to thrash like i do the supra.

will probably keep the Supra as track rat and buy a GT3.

nashcarr

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra 3.0 PMT, 95 Miata, 2016 Lexus IS300 awd
I am going to slap a LS3 into my 1995 Miata and hurt some feelings. I am on the fence about trading in my 2.0 for a manual 3.0. We'll see.

adawine

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Bupra
I’ll keep the supra as a track toy for the foreseeable future.

Shopping the market for a 997 GT3 RS, GT4 RS allocation, or C8 Z06 allocation, potentially. Also looking to pick up an FD RX7 this summer as another project track build, we’ll see.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Porsche - the answer is always Porsche.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’ll keep the supra as a track toy for the foreseeable future.

Shopping the market for a 997 GT3 RS, GT4 RS allocation, or C8 Z06 allocation, potentially. Also looking to pick up an FD RX7 this summer as another project track build, we’ll see.
2 friends have the new GT4rs. I got to ride in one on the track. You will not be disappointed AMAZING
fwiw they are getting 50-70k over msrp currently. And you have to have bought a couple Porsche new before.

adawine

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Bupra
2 friends have the new GT4rs. I got to ride in one on the track. You will not be disappointed AMAZING
fwiw they are getting 50-70k over msrp currently. And you have to have bought a couple Porsche new before.
Yep. A friend of mine is a big Porsche guy locally (918, carrera GT, GT3 RS, GT2 RS, etc. etc…) and has a new gt4 RS I got to drive at NCM. Unreal. Everything I loved about the original GT4, just, you know, a lot better.

I‘m not one to pay over MSRP, but Porsche is pay to play essentially. I had the opportunity for 25k over MSRP recently, even that is a good deal, but turned it down. Ideally, if my friend ever decides to move on from his, I would buy that.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yep. A friend of mine is a big Porsche guy locally (918, carrera GT, GT3 RS, GT2 RS, etc. etc…) and has a new gt4 RS I got to drive at NCM. Unreal. Everything I loved about the original GT4, just, you know, a lot better.

I‘m not one to pay over MSRP, but Porsche is pay to play essentially. I had the opportunity for 25k over MSRP recently, even that is a good deal, but turned it down. Ideally, if my friend ever decides to move on from his, I would buy that.
awesome! I might have bit at 25 over. Still think i would rather have a GT3 just because... well it's a GT3

The in cabin exhaust and intake noise made my race suit tight in the pants region!

adawine

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Bupra
awesome! I might have bit at 25 over. Still think i would rather have a GT3 just because... well it's a GT3

The in cabin exhaust and intake noise made my race suit tight in the pants region!
You and me both haha. 25 over was certainly tempting, but I don’t need it right now.

Oh certainly, I’d take a GT3 first and foremost. Drove the new 992 GT3 RS and wow. I would take that in a heartbeat, but I’m not there yet.

dsomegax

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2022 718 GT4
I’m eyeing the Emira, but logic and practicality says I need something with 4 doors eventually as I currently have a GT4 already. Possibly an RS6 down the road to pair with it.

E6715209-A4DE-4886-B2E5-6161B90A6AE6.jpeg