What's after the Supra?

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
I was so close between this and a Cayman, but I've had 3 Porsches and wanted something different. However once I'm ready for something else it may be a Cayman.

With that said, my son is getting into karting and when he turns 16 or so I might end up getting rid of the Supra in favor of a dedicated track car, if he wants to go that way.

Fitch

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKIV
Keep the Supra!

I bought my A90 outright after owning for quite some time a manual E92 M3 (thats the v8 one), a few Porsche 981's (last of the 6 cylinders) and an original MKIV 1994 Manual.

The A90/A91 still scares me compared to those older cars and they weren't slow by any means.

Porsche are great but they don't turn heads any more, and they don't feel that special once you've owned a few.

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Yaris, A90 Edition Supra
I am planning on keeping my Supra for a long time. I don't use it daily, so it's happy to sit in the garage and I can do some upgrades every now and then.

Only thing I was tempted by recently was the Lotus Emira, which is a very nice looking car and a nice place to sit in, although I haven't had a test drive yet.

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
I wouldn't call it next but here's the story
My buddy and I were in talks with an importer for JDM cars back in 2017, knowing that the vehicle won't be able to be imported until 2024
It is a late 1999 production Lancer Evolution VI
We worked on a deal to still aquire it and put in storage until the day the ppw can be legalized and import it here to the USA
The JDM market for evos had yet to explode in 2017, plus nobody wanted one since you couldn't import it yet.
It was still a hefty sum for a car that will sit for 7 yrs in another country some 5000 miles away
It's value has gone up quite a bit and if it were any other easily repurchaseable asset, I'd call it a good investment, sell it and make a pretty penny
I won't lie and say I never thought about flipping it , but I have stayed strong and held on
So you could say late 2024 or ealrly 2025 I'd when I'll have my "next" car after the Zupra

RAWSupra

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
G80 M4 XDRIVE ( in 3 years ) Supra is such a good all rounder and excellent Daily Driver.

djbilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Pro
I've no plans to sell the Supra anytime soon tbh.

It's a 2020 car, and I've owned it since May 2021, and I still love it.

Other cars I currently like are just about within the realms of affordability (used):

- Alfa Romeo Quattroformaggio
- Porsche Cayman GT4
- Porsche Cayman GTS
- BMW M2 (2023)

Carmelo Iverson

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 premium
I was so close between this and a Cayman, but I've had 3 Porsches and wanted something different. However once I'm ready for something else it may be a Cayman.

With that said, my son is getting into karting and when he turns 16 or so I might end up getting rid of the Supra in favor of a dedicated track car, if he wants to go that way.
Iā€™m up for adoption if youā€™re looking

MrNobody

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Trdoffroad 4runner
If a new grmn comes out might pick one of those up. But all depends on if something actually fun comes out. Depending if I live long enough might decide on an exotic something mid engine.

Last edited:

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
I plan on keeping my manual Supra long term as long as I can afford it and hopefully it will become an investment down the line by leeping it pristine and very low mileage, garage kept.

Really hard question as aesthetically I don't like anything more than the Supra, except the Supra with Tan leather I wish I could have specced lol!

I do like the new M4, the M850, or an RS5, those would all be amazing cars to have too but for now I am happy with the Supra experience.

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
So Iā€™ve been on the search for quite a while now. Not that Iā€™m not happy with the Supra itā€™s a ton of fun, but I come from a long line of trucks and Iā€™ve been looking at the TRX and the raptor. Canā€™t really seem to find one for a decent price, so Iā€™m just enjoying the Supra for now, but if a C8 Corvette comes along my way with a good price, I might jump on that too.

SupraTR

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 Premium; Mazda CX-5
As I'm still checking "Toyota Tracker" daily I probably shouldn't be commenting...

Like others once this is paid off I'll replace the daily...or the wife's car. If I were to do it today it would be a truck with every luxury option checked, something that could tow the Supra in case the track bug bites.

Next sports car though. My first choice before deciding on the Supra was a 718 Cayman but I just couldn't justify the $100k even though I technically could afford it. Guessing it will be a minimum of 5 years and probably more like 7-10 years before I'm even considering another sports car and most likely it will be a Porsche - I love everything the GT4RS has going on.

Side note - I am surprised by how many people I see that will buy something like the Supra, drive it for just two years or so while modding it, and then sell it and move to the next thing.

V8KillaMKV

First Name
Jas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra premium 3.0 2023
Supra is for me, it's always been a dream of mine to own one and now I have it!! I'm stick to it!!.
Though, corvette C8, Mercedes SL500 would be on the list if I ever decided to change the car lol.

OP
OP
MK_Surrey

MK_Surrey

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lightning Yellow 3.0 Pro (2022 Delivery)
Thanks for all the feedback.

After much soul searching I'm down to two options. Both heavily influenced by the fact I want a yellow car.

1) Order a replacement Supra

2) Get a different Toyota....

Screenshot_20230221_115357_Gallery.jpg

I am very, very into the idea of an LC500.

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
A bit keen here, I admit, but given ongoing supply chain issues and reduced production numbers, I'm starting to consider what I do in Spring 2024 when my 0% PCP is up.

I'm working on the basis that interest rates will reduce from the current 9/10% on offer.

Has anyone else considered their next move after the Supra? Or what did you move to?

My current thinking.

1) Lotus Emira. UK deliveries started late 2022 with some mixed feedback on the Emira forums. It's currently a 60 week lead time so would need to reserve now. I'm not sure it will feel like a big enough jump from the Supra but it looks great. Can finally get a Toyota engine.

2) V8 Vantage. I've always wanted a British Racing Green car with cricket ball leather interior. Big jump though.

3) Buy the Supra outright and be happy with my lot.

4) 911 Targa - the dream.
I like his list but would make it a V12 vantage and add a Lexus LC500
Sponsored