Who has a ton of interior rattles?

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
There are a tonne of interior ticks and rattles. I've pulled off and reinstalled numerous panels, liberally applied tesa tape to suspect areas, and stuffed Thinsulate into various cavities. There are so many ticks and rattles that I'm convinced everyone who says they have none always has their fan turned way up, always has their windows down, always has their radio on, and/or is 50+ and hearing impaired. I'm glad they're enjoying their own personal silence, but that silence is imagined.
Sponsored

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
There are a tonne of interior ticks and rattles. I've pulled off and reinstalled numerous panels, liberally applied tesa tape to suspect areas, and stuffed Thinsulate into various cavities. There are so many ticks and rattles that I'm convinced everyone who says they have none always has their fan turned way up, always has their windows down, always has their radio on, and/or is 50+ and hearing impaired. I'm glad they're enjoying their own personal silence, but that silence is imagined.
Nope, i sometimes drive with no music just when i'm about to do a massive pull. ASD is coded out, windows stay up for privacy, A/C is usually on 1 bar, and my hearing is decent. Lol. It's very quiet in my car. Even with a catless DP lol.

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
Nope, i sometimes drive with no music just when i'm about to do a massive pull. ASD is coded out, windows stay up for privacy, A/C is usually on 1 bar, and my hearing is decent. Lol. It's very quiet in my car. Even with a catless DP lol.
So you can tell there are no ticks and rattles because sometimes you turn the music off when you floor it? :crazy:

Last edited:

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
The Supra isn’t meant to be a Lexus LS. Its meant to be loud and attention grabbing. If you’re looking for an Anechoic Chamber you’ve got the wrong car.

-RJM

YellowJacket

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Toyota Supra 3.0
I only had a rattle in the rear....and it turned out to be the rear cargo shade/cover wasn't snapped in all the way. My car is pretty solid...on certain roads..I get the door lock buzzing...but mostly my car is solid.

However...I've been drivng sports cars my whole driving life.....sooooo...I may not be the best reference...but this is one of the quietest cars if the not THE quietest car I've owned.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
So you can tell there are no ticks and rattles because sometimes you turn the music off when you floor it? :crazy:
If you've ever Datalogged with MHD, theres no music going on because carplay is disabled. It's dead quiet in the car when i'm cooling it off after a hard pull. And that's a long period of silence.

satx_phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta; BMW M3 CS (G80) Waitlist
‘21 w/8K miles no noises here. Perhaps there’s a batch of cars worse than others. I can’t speak for other owners, but my experience with BMWs are they usually do a good job of eliminating noises during the design phase, and the fit/finish is typically good helping to prevent them. Not sure how involved they were in that part with this car, or how well Toyota does generally. Maybe I’m just lucky. Any noises I’ve experienced have been stuff someone left in the car, like my kids dropping a pen under the seat, or a hand sanitizer bottle in the door pocket.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Yeah, my 21 has all kinds of little ticks, creaks, and buzzes. I'll just live with it.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Before I put subs in (2x12”), I used felt tape along the edges of the plastic panels. Zero rattles.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I don't have any just driving around or going over bumps. It kicks in when pushing the car hard and revving through the range with my catted AA downpipe and AWE Track exhaust, however. I expected this due to how loud the setup is.

Last edited:

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
2021 3.0 with 4,100 miles. Driven 95% of the time with the windows down and in sport manual mode. I wouldn't know if I had any rattles because I'm to busy enjoying the breeze and the sweet sweet sounds of my intake, turbo, and exhaust..... ?. That being said, I do drive in comfort mode occasionally, and when I do, I can't remember hearing any kinds of rattles, vibrations or creaks and I don't listen to music at all when I drive this car.

I feel like some people got lucky/unlucky depending on where their car was manufactured and perhaps what year model? I know in my past I had two different 3.8L Genesis Coupes and people all over the forums complained about terrible rattles and vibrational noises in the interior and I never heard a single damn one in either of my cars and one of those cars reached 98k miles and the other, well I traded it for this Supra and it only had 3k miles when I parted ways with it.
Sponsored