Will Bimmercode Interfere with Femto Unlock + BM3/MHD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rammjaeger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MKV Supra Manual, 1996 MKIV Supra Turbo 6 SPD
Hi everyone. I've got a 2023 MT Supra that has the DME unlocked via Femto. I would like to use Bimmercode to tweak some parameters, but I'm worried it may somehow relock my DME, or override my BM3 tune. Has anyone used Bimmercode with a Femto unlocked DME, and if so what were your results. It's aweful pricey to send it back to Finland if I mess it up.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rammjaeger

rammjaeger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No, has nothing to do with it and won’t mess any of that up.
Have you used BimmerCode with a post 2020 unlocked DME? I have to ask because I’m looking for real world first hand experience before risking having to send my DME back to Finland for unlocking?

OP
OP
rammjaeger

rammjaeger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I appreciate the commentary, but once again, I’m looking for someone with experience using both with a Femto unlocked DME. If you haven’t personally done it then it’s “academic” knowledge and I’m looking for real world experience.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I appreciate the commentary, but once again, I’m looking for someone with experience using both with a Femto unlocked DME. If you haven’t personally done it then it’s “academic” knowledge and I’m looking for real world experience.
Jesus fucking christ.

First off, I have done this a billion fucking times. I also have an understanding of these systems. Maybe look around a little bit at my post history, etc. The BCM isn't even the same physical part of the car as the DME.

I was one of the first to do a Femto clone. I work on four of these cars basically full-time. Not only do I have first-hand experience doing this, but I'm also not an idiot. Painting the walls of my house won't cause the toilet to no longer flush. If I drop my work laptop, my personal laptop won't have a cracked screen. If @razorlab drives his cars using the steering wheel, it won't slow down my 1/4 mile time.

Also- there is a reason that academics are a thing- to teach, which is what we were trying to do.

Maybe cars just aren't the hobby for you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Jesus fucking christ.

First off, I have done this a billion fucking times. I also have an understanding of these systems. Maybe look around a little bit at my post history, etc. The BCM isn't even the same physical part of the car as the DME.

I was one of the first to do a Femto clone. I work on four of these cars basically full-time. Not only do I have first-hand experience doing this, but I'm also not an idiot. Painting the walls of my house won't cause the toilet to no longer flush. If I drop my work laptop, my personal laptop won't have a cracked screen. If @razorlab drives his cars using the steering wheel, it won't slow down my 1/4 mile time.

Also- there is a reason that academics are a thing- to teach, which is what we were trying to do.

Maybe cars just aren't the hobby for you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I love the classic "I'm asking for help but will disagree and argue with anyone giving me help" MO some people like the OP have.

God speed to him.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I have a 2022 supra with a pre 6/20 Ecu, unlocked, cloned, and with Ecutek, I used BimmerCode to eliminate TPMs sensor monitoring because of my beadlock wheels, coding that out did not break my femto unlock or clone or tune process, I hope this is enough for you to believe Zrk lol
You mean Protool, right? If you found a way to disable TPMS with BimmerCode, please do tell! :)

Reactions: zrk

Supra 9

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra primium 3.0
I have a 2022 supra with a pre 6/20 Ecu, unlocked, cloned, and with Ecutek, I used BimmerCode to eliminate TPMs sensor monitoring because of my beadlock wheels, coding that out did not break my femto unlock or clone or tune process, I hope this is enough for you to believe Zrk lol
Hey will you show me hơw to code out TPMS for me beadlock ... Please
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.