Wind Buffeting solutions/products compare and review Thread

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
~ I can tell you I went with the door edge trim for $10… helps but doesn’t completely solve the problem. Reasonable choice. 🤪
Yeah, the ones you listed look great but there's no way these are worth the asking price. I mean, they're two small bits of glossy molded plastic! I guess I don't want to support sellers who are making insane profits if I don't have to.

Besides, I don't even tend to drive with my windows down over say 60-80km/h (≈37-50mph) so the cheaper solutions might actually work fine for me. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

kyippee

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2022 M235
Is the AWE version any better than the AMS one?

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
This is an amusing thread for me. I mean who the hell drives around in a modern car with the window down? The only time the window comes down in my car is to hit the button for a carpark ticket. The things could literally not work and I wouldn't know about it for months. Then again I can see zero benefit in a Moon/sun roof either. Both of my last 2 cars had them and the only time I ever used them was on one occasion in each car to remind me how stupid the noisy pointless thigs really are. Once they invented car aircon the sun roof and convertible were dead to me.

Phil

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
This is an amusing thread for me. I mean who the hell drives around in a modern car with the window down? The only time the window comes down in my car is to hit the button for a carpark ticket. The things could literally not work and I wouldn't know about it for months. Then again I can see zero benefit in a Moon/sun roof either. Both of my last 2 cars had them and the only time I ever used them was on one occasion in each car to remind me how stupid the noisy pointless thigs really are. Once they invented car aircon the sun roof and convertible were dead to me.

Phil
to each their own. I definitely like having my windows down in certains driving conditions

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Is the AWE version any better than the AMS one?
I think I got the expensive AWE one… has an install video, works great and came with a lollipop! 🍭

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I think I got the expensive AWE one… has an install video, works great and came with a lollipop! 🍭
That's the one I got as well... works great and I've long since forgotten about it since you don't notice it unless you're looking right at it.

MisoSup

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I had the real AWE lollipop ones on my AT. They worked and in my opinion looked great. I could have the windows down at full freeway speeds. Speed limit is 70 MPH here. Not sure anyone needs the windows down going any faster.

mr_sparkle6666

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
I did the $10 amazon fix right away after getting the car last summer. I have since put the M style mirror caps on and could swear I read somewhere that those somewhat fixed the buffeting issue. Can anyone confirm this? Wouldn’t mind removing the amazon pieces and honestly don’t think I’d be over 60-70mph with the windows down anyway

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I had the real AWE lollipop ones on my AT. They worked and in my opinion looked great. I could have the windows down at full freeway speeds. Speed limit is 70 MPH here. Not sure anyone needs the windows down going any faster.
I go way over 70 mph on track with the windows down. Even with a helmet on, it’s annoying as hell without em! 😂
Sponsored