Wind Buffeting solutions/products compare and review Thread

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Curious if anyone's tried using 100% acetone (nail polish remover) to remove the logo? I'm planning to buy the 4 pack but thinking I'll remove the logos and use them as backup.

This is a great find! Curious if anyone's tried using 100% acetone (nail polish remover) to remove the logo? If it works then I can use them as backup.
I did, you'll lose the gloss black finish as well, as an FYI.
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I got the AWE Foiler on Saturday. Nothing of interest on the install, use painter's tape to line it up.

The sound diffusion is much better than the amazon solution. There was zero buffeting up to 100+mph, and no shrieking noise at 10-40mph with the windows up. Something that bothered the shit out of me with the amazon ones.

I think AWE nailed the price at $100. Certainly better than the $179 for the CF ones from everyone else, and does a much better job than the amazon door guard things. They also look pretty nice as well.

Someone on another thread was worried about a small gap on the edges and it catching with a microfiber towel. I was worried about this as well, so I tried it. I could not get it to snag like the rear Supra logo, so I don't think it's actually going to be a problem.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I got the AWE Foiler on Saturday. Nothing of interest on the install, use painter's tape to line it up.

The sound diffusion is much better than the amazon solution. There was zero buffeting up to 100+mph, and no shrieking noise at 10-40mph with the windows up. Something that bothered the shit out of me with the amazon ones.

I think AWE nailed the price at $100. Certainly better than the $179 for the CF ones from everyone else, and does a much better job than the amazon door guard things. They also look pretty nice as well.

Someone on another thread was worried about a small gap on the edges and it catching with a microfiber towel. I was worried about this as well, so I tried it. I could not get it to snag like the rear Supra logo, so I don't think it's actually going to be a problem.
Have mine sitting in a box next to me. Is it easy to get a picture of the car straight on from the front with these installed? Just curious how they look from this angle.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Have mine sitting in a box next to me. Is it easy to get a picture of the car straight on from the front with these installed? Just curious how they look from this angle.
I'll get you a full-frontal picture. ? Give me a few.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Car is a mess and outside because reasons. They're not very noticeable.

B0CF2DAD-CD1F-4967-8A45-A0269D99FE8B.jpeg

92E27A96-C006-4C47-8C96-7FDB05BDC000.jpeg

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Car is a mess and outside because reasons. They're not very noticeable.
Yeah, that surprises me - they're almost lost completely in the background, especially given your choice of car color. I really appreciate you snapping a few pics of the smexy beast. Will throw mine on tonight!

Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah, that surprises me - they're almost lost completely in the background, especially given your choice of car color. I really appreciate you snapping a few pics of the smexy beast. Will throw mine on tonight!
Taking those pictures, I realized I could have done a better job on the passenger side. I'm going to re-apply that one tonight. The package came with an extra VHB for probably this reason exactly.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Taking those pictures, I realized I could have done a better job on the passenger side. I'm going to re-apply that one tonight. The package came with an extra VHB for probably this reason exactly.
If it makes you feel any better, I couldn't tell. But I know how it is... it will continue to bother you until you fix it.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Just closing the loop on this. Put 'em on, did some higher-speed runs and raced in an autocross yesterday. Was so nice to have the windows down and not get pummeled. The AWE solution works as advertised!

YellowJacket

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Toyota Supra 3.0
I used the Amazon ones and they work...no window whistle with the windows up at any speed the car can go. Also buffeting completely gone 120+. Good results for me at least. Worth a try for $9.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I used the Amazon ones and they work...no window whistle with the windows up at any speed the car can go. Also buffeting completely gone 120+. Good results for me at least. Worth a try for $9.
I went from Amazon to AWE and the difference is unreal. The Amazon ones do work, but it's much quieter now.

KongerR1

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2017 Cadillac XT5, 2006 Yamaha R1, 2001 Honda F4i
I would consider the AWE but with the cost and choosing the cheapest shipping choice to Canada, it works out out to $160. Pricey choice!

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
I also have the new AWE ones. My install could probably be neater but Iโ€™m not too picky at this point since itโ€™s a track car.

They work significantly better than the Amazon solution I had prior to this. Surprising how well they work.

Did they fix this issue on the 2022 MY?