Wind Buffeting solutions/products compare and review Thread

DeathGoddess

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0
I did, and the fact that it says 4 PC on the order but 2 PC on the packaging signaled to me something is wrong on the fulfillment end. Opened a ticket with the 'zon. Thanks for the info!
Curious if anyone's tried using 100% acetone (nail polish remover) to remove the logo? I'm planning to buy the 4 pack but thinking I'll remove the logos and use them as backup.
Take them out of the pack , the ones underneath should be unstamped. I have a bunch of extra sets now all came with one set stamped and ones underneath unstamped
everyone plan ahead !!! Not sure how these hold up to weather so grabbed some extras lol

75CB0C74-B94B-4801-85F5-C46CBD782022.jpeg
This is a great find! Curious if anyone's tried using 100% acetone (nail polish remover) to remove the logo? If it works then I can use them as backup.
Sponsored

DavesMK2JZ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold 1984MK2JZ
Just a quick heads up to all you Amazon lovers. When I first got my car I got the cheapo Amazon $8 dollar door guards. And I will admit they did help but I refuse to drive with the windows down because I still couldnā€™t stand the wind noise or buffering at higher speeds. So I bellied up to the bar and got the verses and holy crap night and day absolutely hands-down worth the money.
E5234FD5-3350-4C63-847D-29765EF4561F.jpeg

j50gt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra 3.0
Are there any publicly available detailed 3D models of the car? I'd be willing to design a 3D printable solution and share.

j50gt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra 3.0
So could I, I use Solidworks everyday and have printers but the quality of the print wouldn't be too great to put on this car IMO.

https://grabcad.com/library/toyota-supra-2020-solid-for-cfd-or-3d-printing-3d-model-1
I tried that model, it's only a quarter of the car, not enough to get the mirror mounting geometry. There's a link in the description to purchase the full car from another wesbite.

Obviously the print quality wouldn't be as good right off the print bed, but you could easily add some filler, sand and paint and clearcoat to get a really nice looking piece.

Arfiman

First Name
Arafaat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Cadillac CTS-V, 1991 Acura NSX (previous), 2004 Honda S2000 (previous), EP3 Civic Type R (previous)
Those are 100% a rip off of the Verus Engineering product which is made in the USA.
Would happily order from them but they are sold out...

SupraMK86

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 3.0 Premium
Would happily order from them but they are sold out...
Their website lists them in stock. It looks like a bunch of Supra parts vendors have them, too. If you wait a week or two they will likely go on sale for Black Friday.

DeathGoddess

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0
Curious if anyone's tried using 100% acetone (nail polish remover) to remove the logo? I'm planning to buy the 4 pack but thinking I'll remove the logos and use them as backup.

This is a great find! Curious if anyone's tried using 100% acetone (nail polish remover) to remove the logo? If it works then I can use them as backup.
Update... I received the 4 pack and removed the logo with acetone (nail polish remover). It completely worked with a little rubbing. Thanks for the affordable buffering solution tip!!

OP
OP
Sauceii

Sauceii

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Pemium
Update... I received the 4 pack and removed the logo with acetone (nail polish remover). It completely worked with a little rubbing. Thanks for the affordable buffering solution tip!!
Good to hear and thanks for the update on removing the logo ! I have 5 unopened packs if Amazon stops selling them for some reason but for the price Iā€™ve stuck with this solution. Anytime Iā€™m going 80 plus my windows arenā€™t down all the way anyway

Lil Grey Supra

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Camaro - 427ci LSX turbo'd, 2016 RAM 2500, 2021 GR Supra 3.0 Prem
Also confirmed - TADA is a genius. Tested up to 75 mph - disrupts the airflow just the right amount to keep the flutter outside of the windows. Probably lose .5 mph top-end :p

DaaS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, Lotus
You forgot one other option which only cost $9 and looks good too....:D When you order these 2 of the 4 do not have lettering on them....

Very pleased with appearance and results!

Trim Guard

wind buffeting.jpg
Thank you for this suggestion. I did a Toyota sponsored NASA track event this weekend and I can confirm that these door guards did not fly off at 135mph. They were also very effective in reducing wind buffeting.
Sponsored