Wiper position - am I crazy?

mr_sparkle6666

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
I had a mobile safelite guy out to replace my cracked windshield yesterday. When I tried to get the wipers into the “service” position for him he told me not to bother as he had to remove them completely to do the replacement.
Driving in to work this morning I can’t help but think the passenger side wiper is way higher than it used to be. I don’t remember being able to even see it from inside the car, but I today I could.
Can somebody verify this is where it should be before I lose my damn mind?
IMG_5106.jpeg
Sponsored

tombox

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Launch Edition, Nocturnal Black
I realized this too that my passenger side wiper sits higher when the windshield wiper mode is set to AUTO. If its not set to auto and set to Off, I see my wiper go lower. Let me know if its the same for you.

OP
OP
mr_sparkle6666

mr_sparkle6666

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
I knew it

Any ideas how to fix this? Guess I could pop the hood and take a look

OP
OP
mr_sparkle6666

mr_sparkle6666

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
Looks like there is a plastic cap that likely hides a nut that secures the wiper to the turny-dealy. Guessing if I remove the nut I can remove the wiper and put it back on in the proper position.

Side note: looks like someone is detailing their engine bay this weekend

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
If I recall correctly, you can just push them down.

OP
OP
mr_sparkle6666

mr_sparkle6666

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
The safelite guy definitely removed them and reinstalled. I’m going to pull them off in the morning and see if they can be installed in the proper orientation. Like they should be installed at 8 o clock but he put them back at 10 o clock if that makes sense. We will see

FRSBRZGT86FAN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 BASE
The safelite guy definitely removed them and reinstalled. I’m going to pull them off in the morning and see if they can be installed in the proper orientation. Like they should be installed at 8 o clock but he put them back at 10 o clock if that makes sense. We will see
I would suggest definitely complaining to safelite if possible, he wasn't very thorough in the reinstall

Zupra_Toscana90

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tungsten Silver A90
it takes like 2 minutes to adjust them. Plastic cap and a like 16mm nut I believe. Just get a pry tool under the wiper arm and wiggle while you try to remove it and reposition. It can get kind of tight on there.

OP
OP
mr_sparkle6666

mr_sparkle6666

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
Updating this for that poor bastard 7 years for now that has the same problem, googles it, sees comments discussing his exact problem only to realize the thread ended with no resolution
So I took the cap off - if it doesn’t pull right off try using a claw shaped plastic trim removal tool

16mm nut is exposed. Remove it.

Now where I messed up is that I was expecting the entire arm to pull up off of the post and be put back in in a different orientation if that makes sense. I tried pulling it off but it was held fast to the car, even moving the other wiper as I pulled on it. So I gave up here and went to safelite. I’m still thinking the wiper arm comes off so I figure there’s a special tool or something. Safelite guy let me watch, but before I even realized it he had the arm moved. The arm doesn’t need to come off. You push on the knuckle, where the blade and the base come together with the spring. Push here and you can freely rotate the wiper arm. Release pressure at the knuckle and the arm soft locks in place. The 16mm nut just keeps pressure keeping it locked in. That’s it. Pint o’ piss

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
Safelite strikes again! They just basically destroyed the wiper system on my buddy's VW. All it does is grind now.

They also did a real hack job on the back glass in my Tacoma a few years back. Did a number on the paint and the interior panels.

TMC1313

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Updating this for that poor bastard 7 years for now that has the same problem, googles it, sees comments discussing his exact problem only to realize the thread ended with no resolution
So I took the cap off - if it doesn’t pull right off try using a claw shaped plastic trim removal tool

16mm nut is exposed. Remove it.

Now where I messed up is that I was expecting the entire arm to pull up off of the post and be put back in in a different orientation if that makes sense. I tried pulling it off but it was held fast to the car, even moving the other wiper as I pulled on it. So I gave up here and went to safelite. I’m still thinking the wiper arm comes off so I figure there’s a special tool or something. Safelite guy let me watch, but before I even realized it he had the arm moved. The arm doesn’t need to come off. You push on the knuckle, where the blade and the base come together with the spring. Push here and you can freely rotate the wiper arm. Release pressure at the knuckle and the arm soft locks in place. The 16mm nut just keeps pressure keeping it locked in. That’s it. Pint o’ piss
I just had my windshield replaced on my 2022 3.0 and I'm having the exact same issue you were having. My wiper looks just like your photo. So, instead of driving back to safelite this seem like an easy fix. I haven't gone out to check things out yet, but from what I'm reading, I have to look where the wiper arm attaches to the post of the wiper motor, there will be a cap that I pull off (I'll see a 16mm nut) that I don't have to remove and then I'll also see a button that I depress to freely move the wiper arm to it's proper location? Do I have that right?
Sponsored