Wish List for the new Supra / Must Have Futures and Options!

Would you like to see TRD parts for the Supra?

• Yes

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Don't care either way

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loyo911

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
X5
we know a different color for sure but I don't think we'll see much else reworked from the sounds of it.

The coupe is sexy as hell but I'd love to see a drop top version of it too.
Sponsored

__WRC__

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
325i
Now that we know there is a 2nd FT1 concept coming what do you wanna see it with?

I'd like to see a reworked interior, something a little less high techy and futuristic. That I could actually see myself driving.

The exterior is awesome, hope it doesnt change much.

FRS-Man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hot Lava FR-S
I want them to size the concept down a tad. The car looks great no doubt but I saw pics of it next to other cars and it is pretty huge. GT6 has it at 77 inches wide which is insane and no way they build it like that.

Length can be trimmed too.

Wheelbase- 107.9 in
Length- 184.1 in
Width- 77.6 in
Height- 48.2 in
Weight: 2,910 lbs

divinesteer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyotas
When is the concept supposed to show? These concepts are super expensive to build - and since it is a short lead time I dont see them redoing all the dimensions.

OP
OP
Loyo911

Loyo911

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
X5
I want them to size the concept down a tad. The car looks great no doubt but I saw pics of it next to other cars and it is pretty huge. GT6 has it at 77 inches wide which is insane and no way they build it like that.

Length can be trimmed too.

Wheelbase- 107.9 in
Length- 184.1 in
Width- 77.6 in
Height- 48.2 in
Weight: 2,910 lbs
I can't remember exactly where I read it (maybe here) but someone at Toyota already said the production model would be something like 10% smaller. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

323 Rider

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ducati
I'm boggled by how all over the place the rumors are.... it seems the only thing people can agree on is they want it to be called Supra, have 4 wheels and an engine. Everything else is up for debate.

So what do you want to see the next Supra in terms of layout, powertrain, body style, price range, and # of trims?

I'd like to see a MKV Supra with two engines, a turbo 6 and V8 upper trim. Ideally offered in coupe and targa top bodies, 2+2 is a must, and 55K-57K for the base and 60-62K for the V8. No more than 3300 pounds ideally.

910ps

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX
a turbo 6 base and v8 upgrade means they are targeting the higher end of the mid-level sports car market and prices will reflect that. I want the TT V6 to be the top of the line flagship model to come in around 55K. 4 seats is not negotiable for me as I have a young family and need it for emergencies.

I would LOVE a targa top but would be ok with coupe only offered.

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
Supercar potential for non-supercar prices.. highly modifiable, bulletproof engine just like the 2JZ-GTE and styling as close to the concept as poss. Inline 6 turbo and 2+2 is a must. Dont care if they offer anything but a coupe.

high roller

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
  • Styling as close to the concept as possible, preferably exactly :D
  • High revving 6 cylinder turbo, direct injection, dry sump, forged internals
  • Manual and auto / dual clutch options
  • Priced below $60,000

detuning

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
IS-F
  • Styling as close to the concept as possible, preferably exactly :D
  • High revving 6 cylinder turbo, direct injection, dry sump, forged internals
  • Manual and auto / dual clutch options
  • Priced below $60,000
Basically my list exactly, but I'd add some exotic material construction like carbon fiber and lots of aluminum. Also please please keep the active functional trunk spoiler of the concept.

PanMD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a turbo 6 base and v8 upgrade means they are targeting the higher end of the mid-level sports car market and prices will reflect that. I want the TT V6 to be the top of the line flagship model to come in around 55K. 4 seats is not negotiable for me as I have a young family and need it for emergencies.

I would LOVE a targa top but would be ok with coupe only offered.
This car should be targeting the higher end of the mid-level sports car market as you put it. If this car falls in the middle of that pack, it will flop. And pricing won't necessarily be too high. Toyota's are priced for much better value for what you get compared to the other brands this car will compare with.

I want to see a turbo V8 for the modern day Supra. Give us something tuned in between the RC-F and LF-LC.

S O B

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I might get flamed foradmitting this but I wouldn't mind a hybrid setup as long as the electric motor is small and there to provide support to the gas powered engine. Nobody laughs at the Mclaren P1 and that's a hybrid technically. It's got a huge powerful turbo engine and uses the electric motor to help reduce turbo lag and provide fill for the gaps when the engine is still building boost and power. Sounds like it's the best of both worlds especially when your talking about turbo engine setup which the new Supra will likely have.

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
My ideal Supra:

CFRP tub, 2 seat (or 911 style 2+2) chassis under or as close to 3k lbs as possible.

Lightweight turbocharged V6 with 600 factory horsepower.

Proper dual clutch box from Getrag with overdrive gear (6 or 7 spd +1 overdrive).

Active aerodynamics, DRS-type deployable wing.

Carbon ceramic brakes for minimal additional cost ($5k or less).

Near-identical design to the FT1 concept (but ~10% reduced size), perhaps with more functional aero instead of just looks.

Relatively sparse but rich interior with leather, carbon and alcantara throughout. Minimum heated seats, bluetooth, rear camera, but not too much garbage.

Large fuel tank, minimum 20gal.

Base price $60,000 + options, under $70,000 all said and done.

That's my "ideal car, still within the realm of possibility" (i.e., not "McLaren P1 that they pay me to drive).

Love this interior:

toyota-ft-1-concept-graphite-16.jpg

bballr35

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Elise
I would love that but i don't see them offering a 600hp V6 from the factory even with twin turbos. That's super aggressive and would be a total M4 and C7 killer.

But I won't disagree that would be my "ideal" too...500lbs less and 175 more hp than the new M4? Sign me up.

P.S. you are paid to drive the P1?? I want your job :)

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
I would love that but i don't see them offering a 600hp V6 from the factory even with twin turbos. That's super aggressive and would be a total M4 and C7 killer.

But I won't disagree that would be my "ideal" too...500lbs less and 175 more hp than the new M4? Sign me up.

P.S. you are paid to drive the P1?? I want your job :)
Hahaha I wish. Just saying those are my semi-reasonable ideas of a perfect car, since my perfect car would have 2,000 horsepower, get 100mpg, fly, and not cost a cent.

And yeah I don't foresee 600 horsepower, but I do expect 500+. I do think it would be feasible for Toyota to deliver 600 but realistically I don't expect it to happen.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.