XHP Reviews and Feedback!

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Same here, looks like the best benefits are for custom shift logic in regular Drive Mode.

-RJM
I did get an email response from one of their reps mentioning it shaves off anywhere from 0.1-0.5 seconds off 0-60 and 1/4, 60-130 depends on several factors. Who knows.

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
nobody is using the sport plus with the XHP?
Sport plus shouldn't be used on these cars, current wisdom floating around is that its a "leftover" from the BMW electronics and it was never configured / tuned for this car. It does make the pedal mapping a bit sportier than sport, so some people might get the wrong butt dyno based on a specific throttle input, and it might make the shifts harsher, but XHP gives far more control over these shift parameters.

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
I was still adjusting and didn't want to post settings until I felt they were ready. I absolutely love these settings and will likely never use Sport mode auto again. Sport M when needed/wanted for some shifting fun. No starving for power, no laboring the engine, and the downshifts happen sooner and always keeps you in a good gear at around 2k in most. Totally transformed the car and made it 100x more enjoyable to just jump in a cruise. The power is there when needed, just give it the beans.

Stage 2 v1.1
D-Mode settings
Upshifts
1-2 +15%
2-3 +35%
3-4 +40%
4-5 +45%
5-6 +48%
6-7 +50%
7-8 +50%
Downshifts
2-1 +25%
3-2 +32%
4-3 +46%
5-4 +48%
6-5 +50%
7-6 +50%
8-7 +50%
Reset my shift speeds back to: (I had this set to medium, fast and fast. But to keep things smooth in my D-mode settings, I switched them back)
Normal - Normal
Medium - Medium
Fast - Fast
EDIT: I used MHD 93 Stg2 tune and use the setting to disable torque limiters for supporting cars running xHP.
Wow that's super high numbers lmao, how's it drive compared to sport? Does it actually still shift conservatively compared to sport mode or is it comparable / the same as sport with that high of values?

Shelby Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Premium & 2019 Shelby GT350R
Wow that's super high numbers lmao, how's it drive compared to sport? Does it actually still shift conservatively compared to sport mode or is it comparable / the same as sport with that high of values?
Yes, it still shifts conservatively. You have to remember you're adjusting the D-Mode setting which is very lazy to begin with at neutral. Same applies to S-Mode but just the opposite, the neutral base settings you're starting with are aggressive which is why in your settings for S-Mode (as well as mine), you have them toned down to make S-Mode more adult like where you're not revving the piss out of the thing all the time.
The two modes are distinctly different. D-Mode will up shift faster when letting off the throttle after giving it the beans whereas S-Mode will hold the gear at a high RPM and delay its upshift.
You should give them a try. I love the settings. I'll post up my S-Mode settings today sometime.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I saw they released the ignition cut shifting today. I flashed it and didnā€™t really notice a difference in shifting or sound. Lowered the values to 3k and 250nm and still didnā€™t notice anything different. Anyone else try this yet?

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
I saw they released the ignition cut shifting today. I flashed it and didnā€™t really notice a difference in shifting or sound. Lowered the values to 3k and 250nm and still didnā€™t notice anything different. Anyone else try this yet?
https://rbttuning.atlassian.net/wik...eed+ZF+-+Custom+Options#Ignition-Cut-Shifting

I'm glad you posted I hadn't heard of this setting until I got the email. Are you trying to get it to have faster shifts all the time or trying to make it only do farts at higher torque values? I'm assuming it's the former in which case it sounds like you've configured it correctly, part of me is tempted to lower the values to the absolute minimum for both to see if you can get very fast shifts every time. Very curious to see what others comment on this setting because the wiki page has nothing extra other than the in app explanation.

Can you screenshot your current settings?

Bluemkv

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 91 Wrangler 4.0
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, it still shifts conservatively. You have to remember you're adjusting the D-Mode setting which is very lazy to begin with at neutral. Same applies to S-Mode but just the opposite, the neutral base settings you're starting with are aggressive which is why in your settings for S-Mode (as well as mine), you have them toned down to make S-Mode more adult like where you're not revving the piss out of the thing all the time.
The two modes are distinctly different. D-Mode will up shift faster when letting off the throttle after giving it the beans whereas S-Mode will hold the gear at a high RPM and delay its upshift.
You should give them a try. I love the settings. I'll post up my S-Mode settings today sometime.
Would you mind posting up the S-Mode settings when you have a chance? Iā€™ve already copied your normal mode settings, and would like to do the sport settings as well when I flash :)

Shelby Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Premium & 2019 Shelby GT350R
Would you mind posting up the S-Mode settings when you have a chance? Iā€™ve already copied your normal mode settings, and would like to do the sport settings as well when I flash :)
Here you go. My S-Mode settings.

Stage 2 v1.1
S-Mode settings
Upshifts
1-2 -15%
2-3 -12%
3-4 -10%
4-5 -8%
5-6 -7%
6-7 -6%
7-8 -4%
Downshifts
2-1 -20%
3-2 -22%
4-3 -17%
5-4 -15%
6-5 -14%
7-6 -13%
8-7 -10%

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
https://rbttuning.atlassian.net/wik...eed+ZF+-+Custom+Options#Ignition-Cut-Shifting

I'm glad you posted I hadn't heard of this setting until I got the email. Are you trying to get it to have faster shifts all the time or trying to make it only do farts at higher torque values? I'm assuming it's the former in which case it sounds like you've configured it correctly, part of me is tempted to lower the values to the absolute minimum for both to see if you can get very fast shifts every time. Very curious to see what others comment on this setting because the wiki page has nothing extra other than the in app explanation.

Can you screenshot your current settings?
my car always had ā€œfartsā€ at higher torque values, it doesnā€™t make any noise unless Iā€™m on it at least a little bit. For me it was mainly the faster shifts and sounds is just a bonus. I personally love that blast when shifting, if I could Iā€™d get the way my mustang would shift when it had the N2MB WOT box installed. Loud pop at each shift and at night little blue fire balls. I like that F2 cars have that pop on shifting.

but with the setting I have it at now, I didnā€™t notice anything different, not shift feel or sound. To be honest though I am perfectly fine with how I have my xHP set up right now. This was more just dicking around with a new option given to us.

IMG_1889.jpeg

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
my car always had ā€œfartsā€ at higher torque values, it doesnā€™t make any noise unless Iā€™m on it at least a little bit. For me it was mainly the faster shifts and sounds is just a bonus. I personally love that blast when shifting, if I could Iā€™d get the way my mustang would shift when it had the N2MB WOT box installed. Loud pop at each shift and at night little blue fire balls. I like that F2 cars have that pop on shifting.

but with the setting I have it at now, I didnā€™t notice anything different, not shift feel or sound. To be honest though I am perfectly fine with how I have my xHP set up right now. This was more just dicking around with a new option given to us.

IMG_1889.jpeg
Hmm I'm not sure this setting will let us get fast shifts at low speeds. I flashed my car today to the lowest values for both, in this case 2500rpm / 200nm which is basically your settings. Quick math to convert 200nm to ft/lb yields 147, and using the cars builtin sport displays, 147+ ft/lb is already about the same butt dyno I had for the fart / fast shifts anyways.

I'm going to try a stupid configuration of reassigning all shift speeds to fast and try that with the ignition cut shifts configured, but I'm not optimistic. I'll then try faster shifts via torque reduction upshifts, I would love the car to shift "as fast as possible" while still being comfy, but it may not be possible.

edit: I did the remapping everything to fast, no major difference. i then adjusted the torque reduction upshifts UP by 5% everywhere (faster shifts at the cost of more turbo lag) and im a fan so far. I'll keep testing and report back
Sponsored

Last edited: