XPEL - Is this a good price? Too Good? Your misc thoughts on PPF?

gtshnzr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Prem., 2015 Subaru XV, 2003 MINI JCW, 1972 TR6
Vehicle Showcase
I went and visited the shops Instead of just calling on the phone, to see if they were clean and organized and also to see what kind of cars they worked on. I went with the most organized shop that was doing a full wrap on a Lamborghini Urus when I went to visit. Ended up paying $2600 for Xpel front, full hood, door garnish, rockers and rear diffuser in Chicago suburbs. There is one small place on the diffuser where you can see a seam if you look hard enough, otherwise flawless. Some installers wonā€™t even touch a Supra front end. #unlimitedautostyle.com
Sponsored

Attachments

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
I had XPEL done by a very reputable installer in Phoenix...I had the front bumper, hood, headlights, and A-pillars done for $1600....Very pleased and over a year later still looks great...And no paint chips whatsoever!

PPF Install.jpg
How did your front bumper look at the sensor bumps??? Any PPF not sticking to bumper???

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
I went and visited the shops Instead of just calling on the phone, to see if they were clean and organized and also to see what kind of cars they worked on. I went with the most organized shop that was doing a full wrap on a Lamborghini Urus when I went to visit. Ended up paying $2600 for Xpel front, full hood, door garnish, rockers and rear diffuser in Chicago suburbs. There is one small place on the diffuser where you can see a seam if you look hard enough, otherwise flawless. Some installers wonā€™t even touch a Supra front end. #unlimitedautostyle.com

That looks great how are the front bumper sensors any issues or all perfect??

joeyliv

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
I had XPEL done by a very reputable installer in Phoenix...I had the front bumper, hood, headlights, and A-pillars done for $1600....Very pleased and over a year later still looks great...And no paint chips whatsoever!

PPF Install.jpg
Hey can you tell me the shop you used? I have to get my Supra done in the Phoenix area.

KKP_Jay Phantom

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Karbonkings.com
Car(s)
'21 A91 - '21 Corolla H - '06 Sentra Spec-V
To help yall feel better about your prices:

I paid $3600 for a "track pack" which includes Front bumper, hood, fenders, rockers, and the high impact area of the rear bumper.

Why so much? XPEL Stealth is needed for matte cars. This is also a way to make your glossy car look matte. Of course, youll have to do the whole car. That quote was just under $6k.

I used a shop that does anything from massive jeeps and escalades to vipers and lambos. Mine was their 7th supra.

Gotink

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra 2016 tundra 1999 4Runner
PPF was the worse thing I ever did..It damages easy at freeway speed had 3 chips in the product in less then 2500km, to fix that Its a redo for $1000s more, on removal for repair it tore of paint that cost another $1500 to fix.I will never put that crap on another vehicle again. Iā€™ve got stealth xpel and itā€™s been nothing but a nightmare in every way.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
PPF was the worse thing I ever did..It damages easy at freeway speed had 3 chips in the product in less then 2500km, to fix that Its a redo for $1000s more, on removal for repair it tore of paint that cost another $1500 to fix.I will never put that crap on another vehicle again. Iā€™ve got stealth xpel and itā€™s been nothing but a nightmare in every way.
the whole point is to get fucked up so your paint doesn't. seems like it's working as expected.

VolcanicAshGrey

First Name
Isu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2023
This is why certified PPF installers do a paint depth analysis before doing the PPF to see if the paint can even hold. If there are issues, the installer would recommend getting a paint fix or not do the job at all. It's not always about the brand. It's about the installer.

And getting rock chips on the PPF is perfectly fine. That's what its supposed to do.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Sounds like you had a bad installer. And the film taken chips is the whole point. It's not suppose to be damage proof. The film prevents the paint from get the chips.

Gotink

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra 2016 tundra 1999 4Runner
First guy messed it up,car was brand new trailed to dealer with zero paint work. The 2 installer was the training shop for xpel in Vancouver and still needs more repair work.Yes the PPF took the damage but for the cost of repair to it I might of weā€™ll just repainted it .Damaged PPF looks worse then a few paint chips.Biggest waste of money Ive ever spent on a car.

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
To help yall feel better about your prices:

I paid $3600 for a "track pack" which includes Front bumper, hood, fenders, rockers, and the high impact area of the rear bumper.

Why so much? XPEL Stealth is needed for matte cars. This is also a way to make your glossy car look matte. Of course, youll have to do the whole car. That quote was just under $6k.

I used a shop that does anything from massive jeeps and escalades to vipers and lambos. Mine was their 7th supra.
I paid $2,000 for full frontal XPEL - front bumper cover, headlights, hood, front fenders.
Same shop did side and rear window tint + full car ceramic coat (both XPEL) for $800.

Would have been 5-6k for full car PPF.

Honestly looks great. There were some bubbles for a month or so but they've all dissipated. I'm happy with the purchase for sure.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
At the very leastā€¦ do the headlights!
Sponsored