šŸ‘£ Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Toyota insider on this forum confirmed it like last week.
everyone seems to be an insider... or know an insider... ill believe it when Toyota actually announces something. As of right now everyone is setting themselves up to be butt hurt.
Sponsored

mande110

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
na
everyone seems to be an insider... or know an insider... ill believe it when Toyota actually announces something. As of right now everyone is setting themselves up to be butt hurt.
I agree, but look up A70TTR, he worked in product relations or the like for Toyota. Before the Supra was released he would tell us details about the car, and convinced a lot of us how the great the car would be. Fun times. So, if there is anyone to somewhat trust on this forum, I would trust him.

Last edited:

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
1. Where/when was it confirmed that 2023 would be the year they introduce a manual?
2. Why the hell would you want to neuter this car with a manual gearbox?
But... but.... but the M stands for Manual... ?
3098A829-B725-4057-8567-6383AF448B78.jpeg

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
I donā€™t know why everyone is getting so worked up over whether or not the MKV Supra will get a manual transmission or not. Itā€™s a driving preferenceā€¦.period. No more no less. If there is circulating information that a manual is coming from various sources, great! Yet, to start posting negativity that these are rumors, disinformation, etcā€¦ is simply stupid because there is no downside to it. You want an auto, get an auto. You want a manual (when it comes out), then get a manual. I just hope this topic doesnā€™t turn into something like a ā€œvax vs. un-vax debate.ā€

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yet, to start posting negativity that these are rumors, disinformation, etcā€¦ is simply stupid because there is no downside to it.
Well until Toyota releases anything officially these are all technically still rumors.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well until Toyota releases anything officially these are all technically still rumors.
Well, to that pointā€¦.Toyota didnā€™t say it isnā€™t coming either. Right? There is more reputable ā€œrumored informationā€ of a manual coming than there isnā€™t. Not to mention that the engineer who developed the car himself stated itā€™s a possibility rather than a definite no. So, instead of seeing the glass half empty, start looking at it as another great option that may be available for the MKV. When current auto owners make comments like this, it almost sounds like they are threatened by a possible manual optionā€¦lol. Terrible mindset.

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, to that pointā€¦.Toyota didnā€™t say it isnā€™t coming either. Right? There is more reputable ā€œrumored informationā€ of a manual coming than there isnā€™t. Not to mention that the engineer who developed the car himself stated itā€™s a possibility rather than a definite no. So, instead of seeing the glass half empty, start looking at it as another great option that may be available for the MKV. When current auto owners make comments like this, it almost sounds like they are threatened by a possible manual optionā€¦lol. Terrible mindset.
threatened by a manual? Noā€¦ itā€™s important to keep expectations in check since these are all still rumors. What if Toyota only releases it for the 2.0? Or a very limited special edition? People still going to feel excited if they donā€™t want a 2.0 or canā€™t afford a special edition even though there is a manual?

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
If Toyota builds this it will be a 5 min story online and in the press. Rather quickly just old news. If they put it in a higher power model/more expensive, that will be rather funny. Pay more to go slow. Thats so 911-R lol.

The 3.0 has grip and stability issues already. Dumping the clutch will make that ever more fun lol.

Owners bitch already about Toyota service. Now they want you to service a manual/clutch with them possibly?? It wont be Toyota hardware there either. This will be interesting to watch. Id get one just to sell it after 2 weeks and make money and keep my ZF8 Supra. Thats the only smart play about it. As far as driving goes - its the least effective way to put power down now given DCT/PDK and ZF8 tech.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If Toyota builds this it will be a 5 min story online and in the press. Rather quickly just old news. If they put it in a higher power model/more expensive, that will be rather funny. Pay more to go slow. Thats so 911-R lol.

The 3.0 has grip and stability issues already. Dumping the clutch will make that ever more fun lol.

Owners bitch already about Toyota service. Now they want you to service a manual/clutch with them possibly?? It wont be Toyota hardware there either. This will be interesting to watch. Id get one just to sell it after 2 weeks and make money and keep my ZF8 Supra. Thats the only smart play about it. As far as driving goes - its the least effective way to put power down now given DCT/PDK and ZF8 tech.
A few false bits of information here. I think your neglecting to consider the main reason people have historically purchased manual sports cars (at least ones that came in both options).

1) People pay more for a manual to go slow. False. People pay more for a manual to get higher levels of driver engagement and control of their vehicle. In an increasingly computerized automotive world, there is still a healthy desire to shift gears as YOU please and not what the ā€œwarranty-mindedā€ manufacturer deems appropriate.

2) People ā€œbitchā€ about Toyota service. People ā€œbitchā€ about all dealers, regardless. If you think people ā€œbitchā€ about Toyota, go wait at a Mercedes or Audi dealership and take note.

3) It wonā€™t be Toyota hardware. While this isnā€™t falseā€¦.. V160: ā€œhold my beer.ā€

You said you would get one just to wait 2weeks and then sell it. What does that tell you? That doesnā€™t sound like something people wouldnā€™t want, right?

Again, the manual option wouldnā€™t be for ā€œthis would beat thatā€ folksā€¦.it would be for ā€œthis is alot more fun to drive than thatā€ folks.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't care if it comes 6 spd manual or stays ZF8, just don't throw a fucking CVT in the car at least. Lol
Thatā€™s what Iā€™m talkinā€™ about! Keep it going and offer more upgrades.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX

Hey, if you're selling it then I'm buying it!

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
I hope it comes out just because I love driving MT, and more options in a world thatā€™s perennially moving on to autos, DCT, and CVTs is always a good thing for enthusiasts.

That said, I wonā€™t be shitting myself to sell my car and replace it with a manual Supra.

Even if it *were* only for the 2.0, Iā€™d be very happy to know it was available. The 2.0 is an awesome little car, balanced and light. It probably would be more fun with a MT than the 3.0.

Echo419

First Name
Akuu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
I'd love to see the manual available for purchase in some shape or form. I'd personally never buy it; I have nothing but love for the ZF8.

What I really want is a friend with a manual Supra that would hopefully let me drive it one day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.