2 offers in less than a week and tons of un-wanted attention

MK5 GR

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Premium Supra
So took delivery 6 days ago and dealership has called to make sure we love the car and if not they have a serious buyer. Getting gas guy comes over and ask about the car and tells me he will give 5k over what I paid. My wife was sitting in the car and before I could get a word out she opens the door real fast and told him “No Thanks”. I love the car but could do without all the attention. A lot of people taking pictures or video while driving couple waves and thumbs up. All in less than 200 miles. I had the first C6 Z51 around in 2005 and thought it got a lot of attention but nothing like this Supra is getting for sure.
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
You bought a car that demands attention from car folks, and non-car folks alike. The attention doesn't stop.

People have:

* Offered me money
* Confused it with an exotic/supercar
* Asked to drive it
* Non-stop ask me to rev it. <- this one is annoying
* 'Is that a SUUPPRRAAF' and 'NiCe BmW' <- this, too, is annoying
* Taken Photos and Videos
* Asked to have a photo taken with it (of course they can)

There's just something about the MKV Supra. I'd suspect that a lot of folks are familiar with corvettes and there's nothing that non-car folks think is different about a Z51 vs any old C6, which is why you're not used to the amount of attention

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
So took delivery 6 days ago and dealership has called to make sure we love the car and if not they have a serious buyer. Getting gas guy comes over and ask about the car and tells me he will give 5k over what I paid. My wife was sitting in the car and before I could get a word out she opens the door real fast and told him “No Thanks”. I love the car but could do without all the attention. A lot of people taking pictures or video while driving couple waves and thumbs up. All in less than 200 miles. I had the first C6 Z51 around in 2005 and thought it got a lot of attention but nothing like this Supra is getting for sure.
If you don't want attention every 5 miles sell it. It will never stop.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
less then a minute after signing the check over and walking out the bank I got the OMG such a nice car. I hear is that a Suuupraaaa all the time. With my 2018 Mustang GT, that I thought looked mean asf, on my IG I’d get 100-150 likes max on a photo. Only had like 1k followers, Supra I have a couple with 20k+ likes, most over 1k easy, reels with 250k views. Nothing like that ever with my Mustang. Gained over 2k followers… Something about the Supra that some one always has to comment on it. Over all it’s all positive, got those guys that have the biggest shit boxes make the poser Supra comments, or nice BMW and stuff like that but I just laugh it off.

I knew this had some attention behind it, like OP I didn’t expect it to have this much.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
I've had mine since early April, only have 800 miles on it - the amount of attention the car gets is funny - its a total sausage magnet.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
You could be like me n be unapproachable....lol..
I don't care to talk to people n guess it shows on my face...bahahaha

But this car is 100% a dick magnet...
I always try to be nice and say thank you sir, etc...regardless if its an older guy or younger guy...never know when they will see the car again and mess with it or something stupid.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
I'm with ya...was kidding..
I'm always courteous..at car meets the car gets a lot of attention from young kids..boy and girls...
Makes ya feel good to see how excited young kids get

I always try to be nice and say thank you sir, etc...regardless if its an older guy or younger guy...never know when they will see the car again and mess with it or something stupid.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I must have a 3rd eye don't know about on my head cause no one asks me nothin' .. :nono:

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
Sounds like you need to sell and buy a prius if u dont want attention
I can guarantee the only way you’ll get attention to your Prius is if you hit someone.? Hoping Toyota gets their thumbs out of their collective asses soon and starts shipping the GR86

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
If you want an "under-the-radar" sleeper car, the Supra is definitely NOT the car you're looking for. Car people know what the Supra name is and will talk to you whatever their opinion may be, and non-car people can tell it doesn't look like many other cars on the road since it doesn't really share styling cues with many cars and are curious about it because it looks exotic.

Whether you wanted to or not, you bought into a lifestyle where you're going to have conversations about your car with strangers.

If you really want to fly under the radar, you might want to consider the BMW M or M-ish cars, Audi's RS line, AMGs, or the Golf R, which most non-car people won't tell apart from your run of the mill BMWs, Audis, Mercs, or VW Golfs. That being said, you'll still stick out like a sore thumb if you choose some bright color or drive an import in a place where American cars are popular, or vice versa.

felcrum

First Name
Abdullah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Prem, '20 RC350
Yeah. Mine is red. There is almost always someone, often children, ogling or commenting about my car every time I come back to a parking lot.

I also make new friends at the ethanol station.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
less then a minute after signing the check over and walking out the bank I got the OMG such a nice car. I hear is that a Suuupraaaa all the time. With my 2018 Mustang GT, that I thought looked mean asf, on my IG I’d get 100-150 likes max on a photo. Only had like 1k followers, Supra I have a couple with 20k+ likes, most over 1k easy, reels with 250k views. Nothing like that ever with my Mustang. Gained over 2k followers… Something about the Supra that some one always has to comment on it. Over all it’s all positive, got those guys that have the biggest shit boxes make the poser Supra comments, or nice BMW and stuff like that but I just laugh it off.

I knew this had some attention behind it, like OP I didn’t expect it to have this much.
Yours was the downshift blue right? Are you the current owner or the guy who originally had it? That car is beautiful!
Sponsored