2021 Toyota Supra 2.0 Dyno Results

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I send a bit of product over there, some of the European countries have massive tariffs :eek:
Yeah it's ridiculous. New car tax is something like 56% after your pay is taxed over 50% to begin with.

Supra Guy

First Name
Frans
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
I still think the 2.0 is marketed for people who want a Supra and either can’t afford the 3.0 or just rather spend less money on one. I do say it will be interesting to see where the gen2 86 is priced at and how much power vs the 2.0 Supra. Again I feel like they are really different cars and different market of course that doesn’t mean some may cross over to a different car when car shopping.

ZDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 BRZ PP, '11 Cayman
I still think the 2.0 is marketed for people who want a Supra and either can’t afford the 3.0 or just rather spend less money on one.
Agree, that's how they should market it, I doubt they will make a big deal about the weight loss as it would imply the 3.0 is "heavy". 2.0 exists to sell more cars, and the number of potential customers who are interested specifically because it's 200 lb. lighter is very small, myself and a fairly negligible handful of others...

I do say it will be interesting to see where the gen2 86 is priced at and how much power vs the 2.0 Supra. Again I feel like they are really different cars and different market of course that doesn’t mean some may cross over to a different car when car shopping.
Rumor had it the 2nd gen 86 would be turbo, now rumor seems to be 2.4 n.a. (which would be my preference) at 217hp (which seems low). Rumor also has it there'll be a weight gain. Another rumor is that 2nd-gen 86 won't survive the pandemic...

We shall see!

For sure the cars are different, but naturally there will be a lot of crossover between two smallish FR sports/sporty cars. Biggest differentiator for most will be $10-15k price delta. Neither car is ideal for me. I'd prefer the FT86 as a more cab-rearward 2-seater, which would give it much better weight distribution than the current Camaroesque 55/45. And I'd prefer it if the Supra were lighter-weight and less luxo.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to cross-shopping the Supra 2.0 and next-gen FT86 :)

Hakkim23

First Name
Basith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2002 Toyota Camry
Not bad for a 4-cylinder
Pretty good power!

Z8AKU

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR Premium - 2018 Lexus LC500 Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe that could mean 3.0 my21 is actually 382 hp. So 2020 and 2021 could be the same lol
What have I been stating all along. LOL

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Wasnt it supposed to be 400nm? It barely touches 300.... seems way to low.

kappa_md

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86 GR, Toyota GR Yaris, Honda Civic Type R
What is the latest or updated dyno figures on the 2021 Supra 2.0L?

DSport
217 whp (255 hp advertised)
225 lb-ft (295 lb-ft advertised)

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
It's interesting to see all drivers in this video chose 2.0 instead of 3.0. I could see their reason as well and 2.0 is in more of "special" place. Also, in many motor sports, displacement is restricted to 2.0l engine and for who will be racing, this might be a good platform to compete on. In my opinion, this is not poor man's supra.

Also, down the line, tuners will have a field day with this platform to modify so that it will go faster than stock A9x and take faster corners.