2.0 Supra E85 Dyno Results

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
strange. I find the 2.0 feels worlds better on the street.
I'm not a fan of the 2.0 suspension. Now I think if the 3.0 suspension was on the 2.0 I can definitely see where you're coming from. The 2.0 body roll is way more noticeable in corners while 3.0 has a more planted feel to me
Sponsored

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I'm not a fan of the 2.0 suspension. Now I think if the 3.0 suspension was on the 2.0 I can definitely see where you're coming from. The 2.0 body roll is way more noticeable in corners while 3.0 has a more planted feel to me
That's the trouble with having fixed-rate dampers on a sports/GT car like the Supra. The OE 2.0 is always going to be considered a bit too soft for really aggressive driving, because tailoring them to shine there would make them far too stiff for daily comfort, and people would complain all day. It's a really difficult spot to be in when choosing a fixed rate, and Toyota did a pretty good job with it in my opinion. Also, if you think the 2021 rides and handles great, wait until you try the 2023 revision!

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
That's the trouble with having fixed-rate dampers on a sports/GT car like the Supra. The OE 2.0 is always going to be considered a bit too soft for really aggressive driving, because tailoring them to shine there would make them far too stiff for daily comfort, and people would complain all day. It's a really difficult spot to be in when choosing a fixed rate, and Toyota did a pretty good job with it in my opinion. Also, if you think the 2021 rides and handles great, wait until you try the 2023 revision!
My 2021 has upgraded firmer spring, sway bars and a better alignment setup than the POS stock alignment. I don't remember what my stock 2021 3.0 feels like lol.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
My MCS rode better than OEM. That said, the OEM struts are probably like $400 for all four, or maybe even less.

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
strangely that hasnā€™t been my experience at all. My 2.0 is surprisingly stiff and sporty for a street car. Not sure if they made any suspensions tweaks to the 2023 model year.

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Well, being EU ver my 2.0 had 3l suspension brakes and diff :) So basically lighter, more agile 3l, there is no way it could not handle better. Maybe that is the difference in our experience, my 2.0 felt more planted than stock 2019 3l.
My car was 726kg front and 724kg rear weight, full tank no driver.
Anyway I changed to 3l for the power potential, also my 3l in registry has 1505kg weight (3320lbs, EU cars are supposed to be 1495kg stock), but will need to weight it myself. The cooling was bigger bottleneck on 2.0 as it has 2 less radiators and stock oil cooler is around 2x smaller than 3l one.
Both great anyway

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
strangely that hasnā€™t been my experience at all. My 2.0 is surprisingly stiff and sporty for a street car. Not sure if they made any suspensions tweaks to the 2023 model year.
Love hearing praise for 2.0 on track. I know @Islindur really enjoyed his as well. Since Iā€™m coming from a MX5 and S2K my 3.0 feels like a rocket ship šŸš€. The fact that it can navigate around a track so well was definitely a surprise to me. Yā€™all making me think itā€™d be really cool to own both šŸ˜œ

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I'm currently selling my 3.0.
I wouldn't be surprised to see myself in a 2.0 in the next year or two. I think it would be an enjoyable track car, possibly as fast as my 3.0, at the end of the day.

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Love hearing praise for 2.0 on track. I know @Islindur really enjoyed his as well. Since Iā€™m coming from a MX5 and S2K my 3.0 feels like a rocket ship šŸš€. The fact that it can navigate around a track so well was definitely a surprise to me. Yā€™all making me think itā€™d be really cool to own both šŸ˜œ
Ppl sleep on 2.0 coz not much power. Problem in US for you all is its quite expensive compared to 3l, there is like what, 8-9k usd difference between 3.0? Here in EU i payed 1/3 less for 2.0 (its like 37k usd assuming 55k for 3.0) + u all got robbed since u get open diff, small brakes and non adjustable suspension (which I all had carried from 3l as sport pack for 2.5k usd). On top of that your 3liter is 6port almost 400hp, while we still have only 2port 340hp one.

Anyway, 2.0 is a competitive car and i really enjoyed handling comming from 86. But without big power boost and weight loss i aint competing with GT3's, so I went for 3.0 :) +my 2.0 was getting hot, since It has less cooling than 3.0

On the other note, imo 2024 flash helps 3.0 with steering feel, diff etc since I did that on mine, feels way better than stock 2019 cars, only coz of ecu update.

DesertSupra2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 2.0 21 Camry TRD 18 RX350 19 Outback
Props to anyone modding and improving the 2.0 platform. The 2.0 gets so much hate its ridiculous. Itā€™s refreshing to see something different on the same chasis.

-RJM
Having owned a 22 2.0 with over 30k miles, other than a handful of insecure, micro phalliced individuals, my experience is that this car gets nothing but love in the real world. As my daily driver, it has more than enough real world performance for the street. I used to obsess over which car was a tenth of a second quicker, but now that souless utilitarian appliances, like EV trucks and family SUVs, can blow away most sports cars, Iā€™ve come to appreciate the whole driving experience. Viva la 2.0 and 3.0!

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Having owned a 22 2.0 with over 30k miles, other than a handful of insecure, micro phalliced individuals, my experience is that this car gets nothing but love in the real world. As my daily driver, it has more than enough real world performance for the street. I used to obsess over which car was a tenth of a second quicker, but now that souless utilitarian appliances, like EV trucks and family SUVs, can blow away most sports cars, Iā€™ve come to appreciate the whole driving experience. Viva la 2.0 and 3.0!
Would love to see more of you guys on track! I bet the balance & weight is fantastic šŸ¤¤

Mimosa901

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra
Hey guys wanted to share this here to show the potential of the B48s in the 2.0 Supras. There seems to be misconceptions of what the car is capable of since most just run JB4s or downplay it because its a 4-cylinder. I have some super respectable results to show on the stock turbocharger. This car will be getting an IM450 turbo upgrade soon for 450whp STOCK ENGINE.

Build List:
2021 Toyota Supra 2.0 B46TU
IPOS Motorsport True 4 Inch Downpipe
IPOS Motorsport Upgraded Intake Manifold
IPOS Motorsport Icebox Kit
Takeda AFE Intake
E85 Map from NavardiTuned
Stock Turbocharger/Engine

346whp / 416 lbs-ft
Video of the dyno: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvY-qZyKTIw
I will have dragy numbers soon!

Any questions feel free to hit me up on insta @i4.f30

SUPRA.png
Random question, How was install on the upgraded intake manifold? Was it pretty straightforward?

JChan

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Tucson, GR Supra

Agree 100%! The internet hates on the 2.0 but in real life everyone loves it. I get compliments weekly on the car and it is a BLAST to daily.
Sponsored