2023 Special Edition will be here less than 2 weeks

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
@SD_MK What's new with you these days?

Since this thread is trash, I figured I'd start some friendly conversation.
Busy. haven't been posting any other Supras i've worked on since:
A: i forget to take pics.
B: been busy
C: i kinda didn't care anymore. LOL

Other than that, been rather well, you? @zrk ? Anything new with the build?

P.S: $10k adm on a normal 3.0 is funny. 🤡
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Busy. haven't been posting any other Supras i've worked on since:
A: i forget to take pics.
B: been busy
C: i kinda didn't care anymore. LOL

Other than that, been rather well, you? @zrk ? Anything new with the build?

P.S: $10k adm on a normal 3.0 is funny. 🤡
New trans & converter are in. CF Driveshaft is in. BMB has been paid for the motor build. Otherwise, nothing really new. Just hurrying up to wait.

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Hey I specifically mentioned "Special Edition." I stayed on topic.
Dude, a dinner-table conversation with you guys (the regulars, y'all know who you are) feels like it could be one of the funniest evenings of my adult life.

OP
OP

Troy Davis

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra Special Edition
Lol is funny....but you like it, There's not a single person on this thread who wouldn't want this car in a driveway but there's 2 reasons why it's not one is because you don't see the value in it or 2 you can't afford it ( most likely 2nd).... You guys have too much time on your hands...lmao

PrincipleZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 white MT
Lol is funny....but you like it, There's not a single person on this thread who wouldn't want this car in a driveway but there's 2 reasons why it's not one is because you don't see the value in it or 2 you can't afford it ( most likely 2nd).... You guys have too much time on your hands...lmao
lmao I immediately knew this was a dealer from the uneducated tone but this dude is extra funny

frankenm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
6wxwnm.jpg

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
My best friend is in Pure Unbridled Subaru Hell right now trying to finish his custom (quite badass) IAG OBXT-sleeper build, and this is an actual screenshot of the kind of help he gets from the community. He's never been more frustrated in his life, and almost never wants to build a car himself again. I don't blame him, and it makes us look like the cast of Sesame Street over here.
Why's he on some local chat for stuff like that? Has he tried NASIOC? The info there was absolutely fantastic when I was building my STi 10-15 years ago. I know it's not an Impreza, but under the hood they're all basically the same.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
I also work in sales and find most modern salesmen to be so annoying. Your #2 reason is hilarious considering almost everyone here does own a new Supra...... You really drank the kool-aid when you were being trained didn't you? What's funny is that when I went to the dealership to buy my 2021 3.0 Premium, it was listed as $68,999 with a $10,000 ADM. I went through the entire process of getting approved to purchase the car, including showing the dealership the $15,000 down payment I intended to put down on the purchase of the car as well as my trade. They STILL refused to let me test drive the fucking car and kept trying to get me to sign the papers before they would allow me to test drive it.

I knew that that specific car had been sitting on that dealerships showroom floor for over 3 months because my mother had just recently purchased a new Corolla from that dealership and the same car was there 3 months prior when she purchased her car. I ended up walking out of that dealership and the salesman chased after me. He asked me what he could do to get me to leave in that car that day. I told him "For one, let me drive the fucking thing so that I know that it's even what I want, and two, remove that stupid ass $10,000 market adjustment that's only serving to ensure that that car continues to sit here on your showroom floor and collect dust, that 3.0 premium isn't anything special, hell, it doesn't even have the carbon mirror caps".

They removed the $10,000 market adjustment AND let me test drive it that day. I ended up loving every moment of the test drive and even though it was incredibly hard to lie, I told them I wasn't sure of the deal and that I needed 48 hours to sleep on it. I did this just because they had pissed me off so much during the process and I wanted them to squirm a little bit thinking that I may back out and that that car would continue to sit there. I ended up calling them back 72 hours later, not 48, and I bought the car that day.

Had the experience been more of a pleasure I would have bought the car the day of the test drive, but most of these modern dealerships and salesmen are such a fucking pain in the ass.

3rdDegreeNinja

First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra A91-CF Edition
I think we struck a nerve here guys, he’s really doubled down here. Also yeah almost all of us already have a Supra we all love, so you saying we don’t see the value or can’t afford this “special edition” doesn’t really check out when your just pitching an MT edition lol.
Sponsored