2024 GR Supra 45th Anniversary Special Edition Unveiled

Vinny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Civic si
I wonder why they called it Mikan Blast and not Plasma Orange like in Japan. Also is it me or does it look darker then how it did when the first pics were shown from Japan? I know the pictures were taken inside and not outside but in the picture with next to the gt4 they both look darker.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Dont really like the wing but hoping they have the orange color available with automatic in a regular 3.0 premium 🙌🏽
Definitely not. They're aren't going to mass release the special color first year it's being used in the US. Probably other markets though.

roddrsw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT
I wonder why they called it Mikan Blast and not Plasma Orange like in Japan. Also is it me or does it look darker then how it did when the first pics were shown from Japan? I know the pictures were taken inside and not outside but in the picture with next to the gt4 they both look darker.
Did a quick research and.... damn Toyota LOL

"MIKAN is the Japanese word for Tangerine and has been widely used by the Japanese people as a female's name"

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Because exotic names sell. If it was called Mikan blast in japan people would think it's a joke. But plasma orange with a Japanese accent sounds kind of bad ass.

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
OOOOOOOFFFFF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
As someone who literally just took delivery of a MY23, this update makes me very happy! lol.

Don't like the colour; Don't like the "oversized" wing; Don't like the lame stickers on the side; Don't like the increased GR branding.

It's a bit of a fail really.

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
As someone who literally just took delivery of a MY23, this update makes me very happy! lol.

Don't like the colour; Don't like the "oversized" wing; Don't like the lame stickers on the side; Don't like the increased GR branding.

It's a bit of a fail really.
Doesnt suprise us at this point you dont like anything in life at all.

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
I could rap my 2020 in a similar orange and call it good…. This addition would need targa top to impress. Not sure what is special about the 45th yr. I guess there is always the 50th yr addition to look forward to….:rolleyes:

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Ill stick with my 21

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Doesnt suprise us at this point you dont like anything in life at all.
Hahah.. Do you write your own material? 😂

While I understand you're just having a crack.. in all seriousness, I don't think I'm alone in suggesting this is a pretty lame model year update.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hahah.. Do you write your own material? 😂

While I understand you're just having a crack.. in all seriousness, I don't think I'm alone in suggesting this is a pretty lame model year update.
They've all been pretty minor. They flipped between aesthetic and performance since release. 2021 power boost, 2022 carbon, 2023 MT, 2024 orange and wing.
Sponsored