concept

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
Mine is the same, lots of weird kinks and angles in it.
This must've been the old Lotus pipe bending machine's creation.
At least it's not visible to the average driver or bystander. :D

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Yeah.. I thought it had been dropped at birth at first. It's worse when you look at it off the car, especially when you compare it to an aftermarket one that looks schmick.

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
The clearance profiles make zero difference to the power/torque. They look average but that's a std system for you. Looks aren't a high priority. Ease of production and plenty of clearance to other components is.

Phil

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
Does it look like there's a clearance problem in this photo where the curvature is distorted?
Dude, I'm baffled by your tone in this thread. What are you trying to achieve? It's fine to be an engineer. It's not fine to be an asshole.

If you're sincerely looking for help maybe add a strategically placed "I'd expected that..." or a "what do you think about..." to your posts.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Does it look like there's a clearance problem in this photo where the curvature is distorted?
Take that tone with BMW, who designed it that way, not me.

I love how you ask questions and even when you get 100% factual answers, you still disagree. Why even ask questions?

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Every kink, bend, crush, & dent in the pipes is there for a critical reason. Same reason for the unique and differing shapes, sizes, locations, and durometers of the rubber hangar bushings.

In testing, they put the car on a hydraulic shaker rig, and can simulate the most extreme forces and toughest terrain imaginable. Those changes to the pipe shape and mounting solutions are only there because that's where the pipe either made contact with items around it, and/or was a possible thermal concern under extreme heat testing. If the engineers spent any time or money changing the complexity and cost of these parts, it's because they found it absolutely necessary to do so.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Every kink, bend, crush, & dent in the pipes is there for a critical reason. Same reason for the unique and differing shapes, sizes, locations, and durometers of the rubber hangar bushings.

In testing, they put the car on a hydraulic shaker rig, and can simulate the most extreme forces and toughest terrain imaginable. Those changes to the pipe shape and mounting solutions are only there because that's where the pipe either made contact with items around it, and/or was a possible thermal concern under extreme heat testing. If the engineers spent any time or money changing the complexity and cost of these parts, it's because they found it absolutely necessary to do so.
Wait until he sees the charge pipe. He is going to lose his mind, ask questions, dismiss the answers, then buy another Corvette.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Wait until he sees the charge pipe. He is going to lose his mind, ask questions, dismiss the answers, then buy another Corvette.
With the clip for the missing hose that Toyota decided was unnecessary.

OP
OP
concept

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
Dude, I'm baffled by your tone in this thread. What are you trying to achieve? It's fine to be an engineer. It's not fine to be an asshole.

If you're sincerely looking for help maybe add a strategically placed "I'd expected that..." or a "what do you think about..." to your posts.
Have you never read any of Razorlab's comments? He is the master of sarcasm. I'm simply questioning his comment about clearance. If that is being an ahole then your definition is way too broad.