concept

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
From these images if it's leaking from a seal it' appears to be the half shaft/drive shaft seal not the input/tail shaft shaft seal your tech mentioned. I'd still be looking at the oil level though. If it's venting oil from the breather it still may be running down and getting blown around by airflow giving the appearance of a half shaft/drive shaft seal leak.
Phil
Unfortunately, I did not get a copy of the Tech's analysis, so my description of the location of the leak may not be accurate. When I spoke to the advisor, I asked him if he could find out if the tech can remove the fill plug to see if fluids spills out. He said he would ask, but I'm not sure if he can "tell" the tech to perform the test. I also expressed my concern that the battery may die before the parts get in. A dead battery may shorten its life. I wonder what the warranty is.
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Unfortunately, I did not get a copy of the Tech's analysis, so my description of the location of the leak may not be accurate. When I spoke to the advisor, I asked him if he could find out if the tech can remove the fill plug to see if fluids spills out. He said he would ask, but I'm not sure if he can "tell" the tech to perform the test. I also expressed my concern that the battery may die before the parts get in. A dead battery may shorten its life. I wonder what the warranty is.
Brave man leaving your car sitting at a dealer while the parts come in. That thing would be in my garage until they call me.

OP
OP
concept

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Don't we all receive this survey phone call for marketing and advertising purposes? I've been in sales and marketing for 16 years and I know that type of phone call when I hear one.
How many sales and marketing advertisements based upon good reviews have you seen? Don't those people have a contract with Toyota?

OP
OP
concept

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Brave man leaving your car sitting at a dealer while the parts come in. That thing would be in my garage until they call me.
They did tell me I could do that, but would not guarantee that the fluid loss would not be detrimental to the diff. I don't want to void the warranty by taking the chance. I don't live 10 minutes away, either. Now if I had my own flat bed tow truck........

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
They did tell me I could do that, but would not guarantee that the fluid loss would not be detrimental to the diff. I don't want to void the warranty by taking the chance. I don't live 10 minutes away, either. Now if I had my own flat bed tow truck........
Hope you took a picture of the mileage when you dropped it off, just in case.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Today I learned: keep modifying your supra until rear diff leaks are the least of your worries.
Should learn that Engineers worry about every little thing to the 15th power. Must of what they bog down and obsess over is boarder line non-consequential.

8 pages of replying to self. lol

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
I too am trying to figure out why my diff leaks. Im going to start cutting panels and will let you know when I confirm what to fix. .... or just wipe it and leave it.

1702960400259.png

1702960424842.png

I see the leak!
and
I bet you have almost found the squeak noise

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
Glad to see the picture was taken while you were still wearing them.
Ya we have a rule before noon pants must stay on... After lunch its usually 3 naked sweaty guys working on supras. You can see our OF @3sweaty1Sup
Sponsored