A91 manual transmission limits

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
Based on prior manuals I have owned, I would prefer Spec over Clutchmasters, too because I have had issues with CM on other platforms. With that being said, I dont see where Spec makes a clutch for our cars. Does your local shop have a PN or vendor they order from since Spec’s site doesnt show anything?
I've personally even called Spec and they told me they offer it. Not sure the item number. I think they would make it to order since the Z4 wasn't previously offered in a manual until 2024.
Sponsored

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
I've personally even called Spec and they told me they offer it. Not sure the item number. I think they would make it to order since the Z4 wasn't previously offered in a manual until 2024.
I spoke to them as well but they told me they don't sell anything for the MT supra

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I spoke to them as well but they told me they don't sell anything for the MT supra
Weird. I even have an email from them telling me yes when I'm ready the order is ready to be submitted. Maybe they misunderstood me. I guess I have to try other company when the time comes.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
Weird. I even have an email from them telling me yes when I'm ready the order is ready to be submitted. Maybe they misunderstood me. I guess I have to try other company when the time comes.
If they let you order im in. Might be a good idea to arrange a group buy seeing as alot of owners here have clutch problems.

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘20 M4 CS, ‘24 GR Supra 45th LE
Stop it guys, I'm trying to resist tuning my three month old 45th Anniversary car before I hit six months of ownership.

DGINR8supra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra
Go ahead and tune stage 2 e40. Stock clutch is fine with that and is 485/545 to the wheels. I had mine tuned one month into ownership. Let’s go.

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stop it guys, I'm trying to resist tuning my three month old 45th Anniversary car before I hit six months of ownership.
Get familiar with your car and how it responds and drives for a few thousand miles stock. Maybe at most downpipe and exhaust, but I wouldn't unlock until after 4-5k miles. Nothing to do with break in, just with getting familiar with how your car is.

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘20 M4 CS, ‘24 GR Supra 45th LE
I love the car, but it’s just so damn slow compared to my ‘20 M4 CS and it’s too quiet given the mods.

My M4CS is untuned has stock downpipes, Active Autowerke non resonated equal length mid pipes and a Dinan Axleback. It also has an MST intake

My Supra has Active AutoWerke catted downpipe AND Active AutoWerke catback, as well as an MST intake.

The M4 is significantly louder, I can only think that it’s due to the Dinan fully bypassing the mufflers when open and that my AA since its valved, something will always pass through a muffler vs not at all.

perhaps I need to look into another valved system like Magnaflow.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
Yeah remote tuning with Doug Newton @subpartuning on Instagram. Local shop tuned most of their supras with him with great results. It’s my first time with him so I can’t say much but he sends revision maps relatively quick and each time car starting to respond better.

Yea hahah, im just going off what bm3 log register but soon i’ll take it to the dyno and show what it’s actually making. Correct me if im wrong!

f2e53eee-2c27-4da6-933b-99af8e165338.jpeg
How’s the car holding up on Doug’s tune?

CULaterJimzo

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' CUL A91 MT
How’s the car holding up on Doug’s tune?
We've only done street tune and bunch of on-going revisions until he or I feel its good. Car is daily used and I don't race much either. The little times that i do, car feels very good and responsive. Wins vs other std mk5 tune by other same mods, mach 1, mustangs, gti. I stay pretty close to AT mk5 if 3rd gear high rpm pulls

OP
OP

shaloot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 Supra
Well I finally have my chance to buy the manual 24, 2 if the dealers holding deposits for me have called back saying they are on the way. 3k markups, meh but not horrible.
Over the last few months I’ve been slowly convincing myself that going used automatic might be the better and cheaper choice since it seems more proven so far.

I haven’t read thru this forum in a while so I’ll ask here, are there actually people out there that have upgraded turbo setups on their manual pushing over 700-800whp? What clutch do you run and has it been a struggle or taken multiple clutch upgrades to hold? Unless I am mistaken is seems the FX1000 is the general consensus so far?

i would love to connect with other manual owners to hear their experience in PMs if possible. Thanks.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
Well I finally have my chance to buy the manual 24, 2 if the dealers holding deposits for me have called back saying they are on the way. 3k markups, meh but not horrible.
Over the last few months I’ve been slowly convincing myself that going used automatic might be the better and cheaper choice since it seems more proven so far.

I haven’t read thru this forum in a while so I’ll ask here, are there actually people out there that have upgraded turbo setups on their manual pushing over 700-800whp? What clutch do you run and has it been a struggle or taken multiple clutch upgrades to hold? Unless I am mistaken is seems the FX1000 is the general consensus so far?

i would love to connect with other manual owners to hear their experience in PMs if possible. Thanks.
I have an FX1000, but it isn't installed yet. Everyone I know who did a robust single disk, like an FX400 for example, decided to take it out and sell it. Terrible pedal feel.

FX1000 works nicely. My car will be around 700 whp in May using this clutch

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, Defender, Rx400h
I have an FX1000, but it isn't installed yet. Everyone I know who did a robust single disk, like an FX400 for example, decided to take it out and sell it. Terrible pedal feel.

FX1000 works nicely. My car will be around 700 whp in May using this clutch
How many FT/LB of torque?