A91 & Recent 2021 Impossible to Tune / ECU manufactured after 2020/6 is locked? [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
What's the significance of Russia here? Did some technowizard over there crack this and they are the only ones on the entire planet to figure it out and no one else is close behind?
Like you're five: Yes.

Like you're ten: It's slightly more complicated than that - but yes.

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
What's the significance of Russia here? Did some technowizard over there crack this and they are the only ones on the entire planet to figure it out and no one else is close behind? Someone explain it like I'm 5 please..
There are more hands in the pot than that.

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 NSX, 2016 428i Gran Coupe
Like you're five: Yes.

Like you're ten: It's slightly more complicated than that - but yes.
LOL, well done and thank you.

So if I asked for the teenager version, would I get a basic understanding of the slightly more complicated part? Is it basically like this...?

Some Russian version of Elon Musk managed to find a way to crack the ECU. So Elon Putin now takes wholesale orders from American (and others) tuners...American tuner ships ECU to Moscow. Elon unlocks it and sends it back. American tuner can now do the tuning, or sell on off the shelf tune, etc.

Close enough?

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 NSX, 2016 428i Gran Coupe

ChBEBoy

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition
Looks like John and team have something new to share soon.
Update ECU.jpg
While I'm excited about this, it's kinda a bad look. A few days ago, they were defending their pricing at $5k and now all the sudden they developed a low cost option in 2 days that'll undercut Jesse?

If this really was developed or a breakthrough that came within two days, props. I imagine a lot of energy drinks were involved.

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
While I'm excited about this, it's kinda a bad look. A few days ago, they were defending their pricing at $5k and now all the sudden they developed a low cost option in 2 days that'll undercut Jesse?

If this really was developed or a breakthrough that came within two days, props. I imagine a lot of energy drinks were involved.
This is what competition is about.
?

Peter2raw

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium

thats what business is all about. Competitive prices, supply and demand!

jreinlie4

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
This is what competition is about.
?
Wait till after the holidays, these tuners will get hungry and drop their pricing. Personally, I'm waiting for Titan Motorsports to offer an Ecutek option and run mine on the dyno. Their shop is about 30 minutes from my house. I'd be willing to spend $2k on a "Stage 2" tune as long as it gets put on the dyno.

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I have an a91..my ecu was dated 3/20 so all I needed was a bench unlock..I am now tuned stage 1 93 oct....

Steve
Wow. For some reason I thought every refraction Supra was locked. This is encouraging. I need to grow a set and just check the ECU. Maybe tmrw I will. Thanks

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.

This is exactly what I called out on Facebook, then they deleted my comments. Bad optics for sure.

cvondra

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 BMW X6 M50i
Visconti screw someone over? Hmm whoda thunk?