A91 & Recent 2021 Impossible to Tune / ECU manufactured after 2020/6 is locked? [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
My buddy was able to read everything on my DME when we were poking around with his ecutek last night. Is that normal for a post 6/20 DME that is supposed to be locked?

EziGR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Im about to cancel my JB4 order, but not sure I want to wait the rest of the summer for a maybe.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I'm still not going to rush to this once it happens. I probably wait a couple months to see how everyone else is liking it.
I am. I'll be the guinea pig you all want. It's just a car, worst case it blows up? I can live with that. Unless it REALLY blows up -- I guess I might not live through that -- either way. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Value

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I don’t think they are releasing it anytime soon.. I’m glad people are actually making progress either way ??

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?s=2c087a7e8c8d398223e73422cac8087c&t=1834548

Now to the most asked question: When can I have it?
There is a great saying in many cultures which goes: "There is no honor among thieves". Not only is it true, it also applies applies well in the tuning world as there truly no honor among hackers. Only few select people/companies in this niche market respect and understand Intellectual Property rights, and have enough decency to refrain from "stealing" from other tuners. Since we went main stream years ago, we have always been the first to the market with the new product including OBD unlocking first Fxx B58 DMEs, F97 AWD->RWD flashing, hybrid range extension flashing, first OBD M340i flashing and list just goes on. One thing that all of our innovations had in common is the fact that someone else "developed" an identical solution days after public release. Sadly, that is not a pun or a joke, but a cold fact that has been proven time after time.

With that that being said, we have learned our lesson and will not be making this unlock available to public until either one of these 3 things happen:

1) We are able to fully secure the unlock process against data-loggers so no user can log traffic and reverse engineer our process. (Also applies to BMW engineers as that is how the tuning "locks" are created by BMW)

2) Any other major company puts in the hard work and unlocks these 2021 DMEs over OBD2 port with no need to Bench Flash.

3) You, the end users, group up together and force every public tuning company to sign a non compete agreement for the 06/2020+ DMEs. Yeah I know, that's a wishful thinking but worth a try.

Last edited: