NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
MST and Armaspeed both sound great, eventuri is a little on the quiet side for me, I have HKS and love it, the best intake in my opinion but it is definitely loud. CTS is a good one for the money too with the inlet pipe. Had that for a while on my 2020.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Supra_UK_

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
What's the difference between CAI with the filter exposed vs the ones that are closed in a box (i.e. HKS vs a EVenturi)

I assume mainly more sound for exposed, but does exposed make it potentially more harmful for air temps ?

Screenshot_20230801_222917_YouTube.png

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
What's the difference between CAI with the filter exposed vs the ones that are closed in a box (i.e. HKS vs a EVenturi)

I assume mainly more sound for exposed, but does exposed make it potentially more harmful for air temps ?

Screenshot_20230801_222917_YouTube.png
Ya ones a cold air intake and the other is a hot air intake.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT

Sound is the biggest difference.

In theory, closed-box intake has a lower IAT, but in reality, no data on the SUPRA has shown that closed-box outperforms open intakes.

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
Just do something simple like the Burger open intake on the stock box. No sense in spending tons of $$, especially when you upgrade the exhaust down the line. If I could do it again, I would keep the stock intake and just spend my time and $ doing the downpipe!

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
I ran both the injen and Armaspeed. With the Injen your IAT temps will most definitely be an issue in you live in a warmer climate. It's not sealed and cause the temps to get hot very quickly which pulls timing. You are better off with your stock Airbox. The Armaspeed had a noticeable sound improvement and I was pleased with it. And it didnt cause temp issues for me. Hope that helps.

OP
OP
Supra_UK_

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I ran both the injen and Armaspeed. With the Injen your IAT temps will most definitely be an issue in you live in a warmer climate. It's not sealed and cause the temps to get hot very quickly which pulls timing. You are better off with your stock Airbox. The Armaspeed had a noticeable sound improvement and I was pleased with it. And it didnt cause temp issues for me. Hope that helps.
Thank you, very helpful!

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Do you have data on the IAT difference?

Crimzon_Skyz

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra 3.0 Pro
My spec for reference; '23 Manual - my engine code is B58B30C (340hp UK/EU) - built Aug-22.

I'm coming up to 1 year of ownership and I plan on bringing the car to the main dealer until year 3 for servicing until warranty expires as I don't have tools/right space to do oil changes at home.

I am happy with the stock power, however, very unhappy with the muffled intake sound and exhaust sound killing the B58's glorious sound.

I am not going to put an aftermarket exhaust yet, but after reading a lot of dyi posts here on intakes, and seeing Youtube vids, I am relatively confident I'd like either an EVenturi, MST or Armaspeed intake system, to add lots of induction and spool sounds and make the experience so much more exciting.

Here's my noob/dumb questions:

- Between Eventuri,MST and Armaspeed, which one is know the be the safest/most reliable/highest quality?

- Do any of these ever cause CEL?

- If CEL occured, can it be cleared at home with an OBD scanner?

- Once cleared would the CEL then raise questions from the tech?

- If you were doing what I want to do, i.e. custom intake but dealer servicing, would you put the stock intake back on for servicing or just leave the aftermarket one on?

Thanks to anyone willing to help.
Im watching this thread closely. I really want an intake for the same reasons as yourself. My interest is firmly in the DINAN camp after researching. Seems it gives a not too ASBO sound and keeps heat soak to a minimum. Looks nice too! My only concern with them is the US import of parts. $500 is a lot cheaper than the Eventuri though and i think i may be disappointed with the sound after spending all that cash.

Disclaimer - internet research only!

LoveSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 - 2019
I have the V2.0 MST and honestly it was a great decision in my behalf. Installation was easy, and the fitting was great. The sound is phenomenal! I can hear the intake from so far away, and it echoes like a beast!

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
I have the V2.0 MST and honestly it was a great decision in my behalf. Installation was easy, and the fitting was great. The sound is phenomenal! I can hear the intake from so far away, and it echoes like a beast!
Sound clip please :)

OP
OP
Supra_UK_

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Im watching this thread closely. I really want an intake for the same reasons as yourself. My interest is firmly in the DINAN camp after researching. Seems it gives a not too ASBO sound and keeps heat soak to a minimum. Looks nice too! My only concern with them is the US import of parts. $500 is a lot cheaper than the Eventuri though and i think i may be disappointed with the sound after spending all that cash.

Disclaimer - internet research only!
I saw this the other day here here check out the sound clips from the OP 😍
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/installed-arma-speed-intake-results.18813/

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
If you want bigger turbo noise and you’re low on funds, just take off the factory air box and run the turbo inlet, lol…
Sponsored