Melhem

First Name
Melhem
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2021 3.0
Hey guys

im planningnon installing a catted downpipe for my supra im considering the Akrapovic well cuz its a very well known brand.
However im not able to find any specs and or dimensions anywhere.
What do you guys think about the Akrapovic and what is the best Catted Downpipe for the Supra
Sponsored

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Honestly, any catted downpipe with the GESI element will be similar in performance. Build quality ranges from decent to overpriced.

If you got your catted downpipe from Powerneedy or Active Autowerkes, or AMS, or others, they will work fine.

As for dimensions, they are all within the same as OEM.

OP
OP

Melhem

First Name
Melhem
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2021 3.0
Honestly, any catted downpipe with the GESI element will be similar in performance. Build quality ranges from decent to overpriced.

If you got your catted downpipe from Powerneedy or Active Autowerkes, or AMS, or others, they will work fine.

As for dimensions, they are all within the same as OEM.
So what do you think is it work it to change the OEM to a catted aftermarket or no need

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Akrapovic products are top-notch for sure. But in terms of value, you get more for your money with the active autowerke catted downpipe. Both have similar airflow, no CEL guarantee, and spot-on fitment.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Well, I've looked at (not physically!) almost all downpipe websites and YouTube videos during expanding the, now unfinished, mods DB and I can tell you they vary in inlet diameter, transition diameter, location of sensor and with all that the flow restrictions hence the varying sounds. Some come without the bracket...
While I had no luck in finding any specifics on the Akrapovic in any website, the pictures suggest a smooth transition from 4" CAT to 3.5" flex area to end with 3.15"

CG-Precision starts off at 5"..

Also, some end with 4" if you have 4" catbacks to attach to..

Akrapovic:
e84ebaa1-123d-4bfe-85d7-8b994bf7fefe.png

aFe DP with CAT

48-36317-hc_1.1565422046__17443.1573331492.jpg

aFE DP without CAT
48-36317-hn_1.1565464229__32269.1573331562.jpg

Some noname brand
2020-gr-supra-catted-downpipe-a90-20-hp-epa-cat-21.jpg

Just to show you how they differ in overall diameter, the transition... However, less restriction doesn't always equate to more desirable sounds.. So, better watch videos and look at dyno results... but more or less they'll give you the same power..

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Akrapovic products are top-notch for sure. But in terms of value, you get more for your money with the active autowerke catted downpipe. Both have similar airflow, no CEL guarantee, and spot-on fitment.
Sorry if I missed the answer to this if it was already answered but Is there a danger of running the AA catted downpipe with the stock tune? I'm not looking to bench unlock my ECU but would do downpipe if there is a no CEL guarantee.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
You can wait for the Sponsor, but even without my pre-existing knowledge, it's been said many times on the forum that there is no danger to run without a tune. You'll not reap the most HP benefits, only exhaust sound changes.
CEL guarantee seems to be finnicky.
With JB4 you can hide error message, but it'll still be there, it just won't pop-up on your dash. From what I gather, you have to repeat this "hide" activity every so often...
With flash tune you can correct it...
From what I gather, car doesn't go into a limp mode because of CEL, hidden or flashed out...

Also, FYI, I know you're asking about AA, but for OP and you, from Akrapovic website:
THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT MEET EMISSION COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS FOR STREET OR HIGHWAY USE.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Sorry if I missed the answer to this if it was already answered but Is there a danger of running the AA catted downpipe with the stock tune? I'm not looking to bench unlock my ECU but would do downpipe if there is a no CEL guarantee.
No danger at all, you'll get a nicer sound and a noticeable power increase without any drawback
Sponsored