All-new 2023 Nissan Z makes world debut!

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Interesting and truthful reply to this post directly below lol :) Pulled from Z forum.
jdm-rhd said:
ive noticed a lot of used ones for sale. to me, if the zupr4 is as awesome as some make it out to be, i personally wouldn't sell one for a measly $2-4k more than i paid.

couple that with the money spent modding/upgrades or wheels and they may have broke even or lost a little. if they are moving to a better vehicle or trying to correct their budget because of overextending themselves...i can understand.

i feel some are getting out from under them because of the issues and multiple recalls. others may be bored with auto only. i know the power jump between the 2020 to the 2021 really hacked a lot of 1st owners off too...
-------------------------------------
siggy

Just like every other sports car. So youā€™re surmising that because there are used Supras for sale that people arenā€™t satisfied? Generally early buyers of sports cars donā€™t own them long as theyā€™re always searching for the next best thing. This is why they typically depreciate quickly in addition to not being practical. Add on that this may not be his/her primary mode of transportation. So now you can sell and not take a bath on it. Donā€™t worry the same thing will happen to the Z when the next hot thing comes out later. Maybe you can post the same thing about the Z being not so awesome.

Forums are a funny place. Beer goggles take over and any objectivity is forgotten.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
Interesting and truthful reply to this post directly below lol :) Pulled from Z forum.

-------------------------------------
siggy

Just like every other sports car. So youā€™re surmising that because there are used Supras for sale that people arenā€™t satisfied? Generally early buyers of sports cars donā€™t own them long as theyā€™re always searching for the next best thing. This is why they typically depreciate quickly in addition to not being practical. Add on that this may not be his/her primary mode of transportation. So now you can sell and not take a bath on it. Donā€™t worry the same thing will happen to the Z when the next hot thing comes out later. Maybe you can post the same thing about the Z being not so awesome.

Forums are a funny place. Beer goggles take over and any objectivity is forgotten.
Hey, thatā€™s me! Too funny. I would consider myself an objective person. Calls em like I sees em.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Hey, thatā€™s me! Too funny. I would consider myself an objective person. Calls em like I sees em.
I feel I'm pretty much the same, doesnā€™t matter what forum you go to there are always the ones that feel like if they admit a car may be better in any one way then theirs it breaks their fragile ego. Since I came from a Mustang, but was a part of the Challenger and Camaro forums reading about how every other car was garbage this or garbage that is humorous. Really all 3 are great cars for different reason. Iā€™d rather be in a Challenger or Charger to drive cross country then a Camaro, but Iā€™d rather have the Camaro 1LE at the track then a Mustang or Challenger. And Iā€™m glad I got the Mustang over both because of the aftermarket support.

I personally like the Z, not enough to go buy one, Iā€™ve had my fun in a Z car and donā€™t see it enough of a difference to want a new one, though they couldā€™ve done something different with the front grill, the rest I think is a good car, and we NEED cars like that. With out competition there isnā€™t a need to build a better car.

Just saw on this forum how people are saying good to Dodge axing the Charger and Challenger and no lost here and stuff. Enthusiast in general need sporty, rwd cars, because once they are gone theyā€™re gone.. we will have electric and thatā€™s it thatā€™s the future. And thatā€™s whatā€™s happening. Ford dropped it first with the Mach E, rumors GM following suit with the Camaro, ā€œSUV Camaro electric carā€ dodge giving out electric ā€œmuscle carsā€ Once the Supra is gone, itā€™s gone. But all some do is crap on the other car to tell themselves theirs is the ā€œbetterā€ car.

People keep saying sports cars are a dying breed, I feel enthusiasts are a dying breed. Everyone want to shit on the other stuff out and the newer generation just donā€™t seem to care as much.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
I feel I'm pretty much the same, doesnā€™t matter what forum you go to there are always the ones that feel like if they admit a car may be better in any one way then theirs it breaks their fragile ego. Since I came from a Mustang, but was a part of the Challenger and Camaro forums reading about how every other car was garbage this or garbage that is humorous. Really all 3 are great cars for different reason. Iā€™d rather be in a Challenger or Charger to drive cross country then a Camaro, but Iā€™d rather have the Camaro 1LE at the track then a Mustang or Challenger. And Iā€™m glad I got the Mustang over both because of the aftermarket support.

I personally like the Z, not enough to go buy one, Iā€™ve had my fun in a Z car and donā€™t see it enough of a difference to want a new one, though they couldā€™ve done something different with the front grill, the rest I think is a good car, and we NEED cars like that. With out competition there isnā€™t a need to build a better car.

Just saw on this forum how people are saying good to Dodge axing the Charger and Challenger and no lost here and stuff. Enthusiast in general need sporty, rwd cars, because once they are gone theyā€™re gone.. we will have electric and thatā€™s it thatā€™s the future. And thatā€™s whatā€™s happening. Ford dropped it first with the Mach E, rumors GM following suit with the Camaro, ā€œSUV Camaro electric carā€ dodge giving out electric ā€œmuscle carsā€ Once the Supra is gone, itā€™s gone. But all some do is crap on the other car to tell themselves theirs is the ā€œbetterā€ car.

People keep saying sports cars are a dying breed, I feel enthusiasts are a dying breed. Everyone want to shit on the other stuff out and the newer generation just donā€™t seem to care as much.
It's always been this way with cars dating back to the late 80's when I had an RX-7 and my friends had Mustangs, Camaros, etc. It's just worse now with keyboard warriors and the internet. People just feel the need to try to justify their purchase/decision by bashing others.

There's nothing wrong with sharing an opinion on something if you don't like it. Saying you won't buy a Supra because you only drive manual transmissions is legit. I get it. I can understand. But all these people and Youtube channels worshiping the new Z and saying it's better than X before anyone has even driven one is just silly.

I have driven multiple 370 Z's really wanting to like them and buy them over the competition and I was just never really blown away by the entire package. The new Z might win me over but I already don't really like the front end in the pictures and videos I have seen, but maybe that. will change in real life. I disliked the MKV Supra when it first came out too because, like many, I just looked at the specs and the pictures didn't do it justice. Now I consider it one of the favorite cars I owned and I cancelled my C8 order.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
So a guesstimated $14k or so to get to 700WHP? That seems...steep, with having to drop the engine to replace turbos and all that. What's that costing folks on their Supras? Seems like a Pure Turbo replacement, tune, and maybe E85?
About the same price as the Supra. Tune + turbos + trans build + fuel upgrade + exhaust to get over 600WHP. That's about $1000+$2000+$6000+$1000+$1500 exhaust = ~$12K to get over the 600WHP/WTQ trans limiter.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
About the same price as the Supra. Tune + turbos + trans build + fuel upgrade + exhaust to get over 600WHP. That's about $1000+$2000+$6000+$1000+$1500 exhaust = ~$12K to get over the 600WHP/WTQ trans limiter.
The Z is going to need all of that plus a full engine build to get to that power level reliably, easily double the cost.

TheBayA90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nocturnal A90, 2021 Lexus RX350 F sport
It is pretty quiet, can't wait to hear some aftermarket exhausts on this thing.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
It is pretty quiet, can't wait to hear some aftermarket exhausts on this thing.

One turbo can quiet a car down - that is 2 showing how even more muted the sound is. Not impressed. Its a nice GT with a taller roofline and Im thinking heavier than a 2 liter Supra and possibly the 3 liter. Happy to see more sportscar on the market overall but in the Z its just not making my blood warm up. Visually its color dependent. In gray is utterly forgettable. Blue is ok. The yellow is too dull, the metallic red is ok but the black roof as included with all but 3 colors is pretty crappy to force on buyers. Fail.

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
This car will be heavier than the 370z based on some investigating on my part. It's essentially a 370Z that's 4 inches longer but that might be because of the length of the bumpers being longer. It has a few more modern features than the 370z and the 3.0TT motor is heavier than the 3.7 VQ37HR.

Base Sport 6 spd manual will be 3400+ lbs/Sport 9spd Auto base 3475+ lbs

And then add about 40-60+ lbs for the models that have full interior features and performance brakes/bigger wheels/LSD/AVS type suspension.

A fully loaded RWD Q60 400 is 3850 lbs so I think a fully loaded auto Z will be 3550 lbs.

Only time will tell how much I'm off by but hopefully it's less than my predictions.