All-new 2023 Nissan Z makes world debut!

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
30% of the members on that site need to retake most of high school. They are clueless about how the world and collaboration in the auto industry works. The Z is the epitome of how far down Nissan has gone as a company. The tech and chassis alone show how OVERPRICED that pig of a car is. It Flops around on that track like a dying fish. Probst was visibly restrained in the Supra lol. Sorry Zforum that car is a pig with horrid lipstick.

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 1993 Mazda RX7
30% of the members on that site need to retake most of high school. They are clueless about how the world and collaboration in the auto industry works. The Z is the epitome of how far down Nissan has gone as a company. The tech and chassis alone show how OVERPRICED that pig of a car is. It Flops around on that track like a dying fish. Probst was visibly restrained in the Supra lol. Sorry Zforum that car is a pig with horrid lipstick.
But it does make for great morning reading and a good laugh.

The latest gem that brought a smile to my face. In the video they say there's no one smoking gun where the Z lost to the Supra, it lost in braking, cornering, and acceleration and they're in different leagues. Someone comes up with this gem,
'Or wait for Laguna Seca, that's the real yardstick, much better longer track for better evaluation.'

So it doesn't stop faster, it doesn't go around corners faster, and it's not faster in a straight line. What magic are they expecting to happen on a longer track?

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
This is all I needed to see. Its the same crap chassis that its always been. The internet will continue to hate the Supra, honestly its part of the reason I like the car so much.

2 seconds around this track is a decade for two cars that are in the same "class". I really do hope someone puts PSS on the Z and does like for like. Itll be even worse.

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
lets be honest here there alot of hate on both ends
If we are completely honest though its generally provoked from one side to start with. The number of people that come up to me and say "Yo, you know thats a BMW right?" is quite a high number. When I drive the car often it happens at least once a week. Most of the time the people saying this are looking for confrontation, sometimes they say it with a smile on their face and are just playing into it.

The car causes a significant amount of people to come out of the wood works and say something negative to me about the car. Maybe its because I bought bright yellow, maybe its because NY is filled with a bunch of fucking dick heads, not sure but I collect a serious amount of negative attention from just minding my own business. On the flip side there are a ton of people that have positive things to say about it as well but ive never owned something thats so polarizing lol

Blackbeard

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra
If we are completely honest though its generally provoked from one side to start with. The number of people that come up to me and say "Yo, you know thats a BMW right?" is quite a high number. When I drive the car often it happens at least once a week. Most of the time the people saying this are looking for confrontation, sometimes they say it with a smile on their face and are just playing into it.

The car causes a significant amount of people to come out of the wood works and say something negative to me about the car. Maybe its because I bought bright yellow, maybe its because NY is filled with a bunch of fucking dick heads, not sure but I collect a serious amount of negative attention from just minding my own business. On the flip side there are a ton of people that have positive things to say about it as well but ive never owned something thats so polarizing lol
ive never had anyone tell me shit yet so lol. honestly i thought i would get this living here in miami but no , what an age we are in now that bmw is an insult lol

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
lets be honest here there alot of hate on both ends
As a former Z owner here in Germany, my 370 was interesting and drew attention. On the road it was fun and drove well. Sport brakes were weak and rotors died too quickly and faded fast. We kept it 3 years and enjoyed it. It simply lacked the enduring toughness even my M235i had and the 17 M2. The Z was good enough but lacked endurance and depth of quality stock.

I was very interested in the new Z as a former owner. It’s good to see new car. It’s just disappointing as a total package vs the package the Supra offers.

Blackbeard

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra
As a former Z owner here in Germany, my 370 was interesting and drew attention. On the road it was fun and drove well. Sport brakes were weak and rotors died too quickly and faded fast. We kept it 3 years and enjoyed it. It simply lacked the enduring toughness even my M235i had and the 17 M2. The Z was good enough but lacked endurance and depth of quality stock.

I was very interested in the new Z as a former owner. It’s good to see new car. It’s just disappointing as a total package vs the package the Supra offers.
yea i was saying before pricing if the pref was priced in the high 49-50k there to much to cross shop in this area unless the reviews were blown out the water good , which we all saw how that went

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
It's always entertaining to watch the hive mind in a group move goal posts when some belief or thing they idolize does not fall in line with their initial expectations.

On another note... It's good that some people haven't experienced the "it's a BMW" thing in person. I take my car out to a show maybe every other month and it's gotten to the point where my brain automatically filters it out. Whether it's done in jest or actual seething hatred. It's whatever to me now.

UCLAKoolman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
And now that we've got confirmation that the Supra is a superior sports car to the similarly-priced performance Z, it's clear that Toyota nailed it with their BMW collaboration. Without it, Toyota would have released a much more expensive car, a worse-performing car, or nothing at all in this performance category.

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
It's a lot higher than 30%

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 1993 Mazda RX7
ive never had anyone tell me shit yet so lol. honestly i thought i would get this living here in miami but no , what an age we are in now that bmw is an insult lol
I know right? How/why is that supposed to be an insult?

I get plenty of 'NiCe BmW' comments from people driving clapped out 💩📦's.

If I'm parked, I get people that 'ask' questions they know the answers to. 'Is it a manual?' and then smirk and pretend they would buy one if it was a manual. I've had people tell me I should 2JZ swap it to make it a 'real' Supra. I even had one guy tell me all about how Toyota is going to build a 3JZ because people were so mad about the B58. (Didn't have the heart to tell him that his sources were from an April Fool's day post).

Seriously, in all the cars I've owned I've never owned a car that so many people feel so comfortable coming up to a complete stranger and telling them why they don't like their car or what they should do with it to earn their approval.

There's plenty of positive feedback too of course.

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios
I know right? How/why is that supposed to be an insult?

I get plenty of 'NiCe BmW' comments from people driving clapped out 💩📦's.

If I'm parked, I get people that 'ask' questions they know the answers to. 'Is it a manual?' and then smirk and pretend they would buy one if it was a manual. I've had people tell me I should 2JZ swap it to make it a 'real' Supra. I even had one guy tell me all about how Toyota is going to build a 3JZ because people were so mad about the B58. (Didn't have the heart to tell him that his sources were from an April Fool's day post).

Seriously, in all the cars I've owned I've never owned a car that so many people feel so comfortable coming up to a complete stranger and telling them why they don't like their car or what they should do with it to earn their approval.

There's plenty of positive feedback too of course.
Just show those retards this video lol

Anyways, looking forward to see the stock oiling system of the VR30 crap itself once people start to modify the Z to improve its performance, probably will see cracked oil pump gears too just like many other high performance engines from Nissan.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I've only gotten maybe two, three "nice BMW" comments in person so far. First was a kid working the McDonalds drive thru window......... I'm sure whatever he drove was much nicer than my BMW. And the others were literally kids yelling out of their friends passenger seat as they drove by.
Sponsored