All-new 2023 Nissan Z makes world debut!

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is a Nissan thread... ;)

Well some people think your car is fugly. To each their own...

Lol how everyone is getting all worked up over a fugly Z that won't hold a candle next to the Supra. :lol:
Some of us know exactly what you're referring to, the FT-1 concept transition to MKV production form (the vents, side profile, front end, etc.). The rear + hips are still dope. This is not including the BMW parts/involvement, which then brings the whole car into the controversial conversation.

1616724017380.png

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
If the pricing of a sport option Z really is 40k, I'm finding it more difficult to justify a 50k Supra 3.0 especially if unable to be tuned. Supra's still near the top of my list, but will await the reviews on the Z.
Same reason a 400 hp Audi is $65k. Quality. The 350 and 370 are cheap and plastic. This will be no different. The Supra has a BMW interior, and that's what you pay for, and not even that much. If BMW would've made the Supra alone, and called it a Z4 Coupe, it would be $70k instead of $55k. You get what you pay for. IF the Z Is as cheap as it's rumored, it'll be very clear why.

SADF-Horde

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 M3, 2022 Supra 3.0
Same reason a 400 hp Audi is $65k. Quality. The 350 and 370 are cheap and plastic. This will be no different. The Supra has a BMW interior, and that's what you pay for, and not even that much. If BMW would've made the Supra alone, and called it a Z4 Coupe, it would be $70k instead of $55k. You get what you pay for. IF the Z Is as cheap as it's rumored, it'll be very clear why.
If only quality and reliability went hand in hand.

'Cheap' and 'plastic' define my evo, and it's been rock solid the past 10 years. I'm just looking for the best performance value and cost of ownership. The fact that Toyota carries the Supra gives it a huge advantage in my mind. But we'll have to see final reveal of the Z and test drive when the time comes.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
Lol how everyone is getting all worked up over a fugly Z that won't hold a candle next to the Supra. :lol:
This, if the car is so ugly and such a piece of crap then it will fail on its own. No need for everyone to keep getting so defensive over the unknown.

Neither could Toyota. Pics and pricing for the Supra leaked before Detroit.
Yeah, but at least that was closer to the debut.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
I guess you have selective reading... The ones on the doors are the worst offenders. Nothing can help with that tacky add on.

When the Z 1st leaked C&D poll has the Z at 84% to the Supra's 16%. But ok, whatever helps you sleep at night. ;)

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a35912344/2022-nissan-400z-leaked/
That's because most of C&D's readers are a bunch of geriatric old fucks who've just learned to be edgy and they have absolutely ZERO knowledge in cars. I swear to god most of those guys are dumber than Tesla fanboys and hop on bandwagons harder than anyone else.

I, as someone who LOVES the GR Supra and is not a big Nissan fan at all, I am quite proud of Nissan for taking the fight to Toyota. Hats off to them.

With that being said, they already have a platform to build off of and unlike what some bandwagoners believe, this actually solidifies Toyota's reason to collaborate with BMW. People may be a bunch of fucking dumbasses on the internet like most of the 136 year old readers of C&D, but the reality is that the lack of an available platform was one of the biggest reasons why the collaboration with BMW made sense at this time. There are so many factors to consider that I would have to write a book to explain it all. Some people just won't understand.

The accountants at Toyota might as well have gotten a cactus up their ass after seeing the sheer amount of people that bought the 86, GR Supra, and GR Yaris. Toyota did the smart thing by playing it safe (though it was at the behest of the bean counters). After they've commanded people's attention and people understood why Toyota was doing this and supported their cause, there is now an actual business case to shell out some more money to fully develop the car on their own. But the fact remains, this was the only way to fire back up. Now, A70 has said that Toyota is truly willing to develop an A100 GR Supra on their own, and the 86 is being delayed by the year after the executive order from Toyoda-san. But you won't impress everyone, particularly reactionists like the guys at SupraForums or the old fucks that read C&D.

At the end of the day, Toyota and BMW targeted Porsche, and Nissan is targeting Toyota. All is well. Capitalism breeds competition and competition is what ensures we get even better products (and soon, an A100 GR Supra). I'm all for it. Bring it on Nissan!

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
That front end is ????.
I think you belong on a Nissan forum buddy. You clearly have no business here.
So you're allow to have an opinion and no one else?

Why are you posting on a Z thread? Judging by your initial post it was to troll, was it not?

I shared a link to this thread on a few other platforms just for laughs. The general consensus is there was a "cordial and enthusiastic discussion" talking place until three or so Supra owners started playing "keyboard warriors".

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Sorry if I upset anyone. I thought we were having a good healthy discussion until shit started hitting the fan. Personally I feel competition is good. Especially if it forces Toyota to make yearly improvements. In the end it's the buyers that win and benefit. I also think in the age of crossovers that a newly added affordable Japanese sports car would be welcomed by the enthusiast crowd. Some of you may have misunderstood or taken what I have said in the past out of context. I never said a "$40k" Z will be on par with a $50k+ Supra. At that price point something has to give. Some people that can't afford a Supra or may not want to spend that much money maybe ok with a Z with a lower quality interior. Some may just want a manual, and others may not what to deal with the issues and headaches commonly associated with the typical German car. Whatever the reasoning, isn't having more choices a good thing? I know this a bit cliche, but different stokes for different folks. :nixon: