All-new 2023 Nissan Z makes world debut!

C-Pike

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
This thread reeks of insecurity LOL

Healthy competition is good for the sports car market.
I'm sure some people are... but trash talk is fun. Plus they do it as well. :p

Healthy competition, sure. Let's talk Cayman S/GTS. Z is trying to punch above it's pay grade, as we saw.
Let's not forget the existence of the 2.0. 😂

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Not saying they have to always make any sort of dramatic changes, but if you look at a Porsche 911 which has evolved every 3-4 years. Every new generation you would think they couldn't make it any better, and somehow they do, while keeping up with the latest tech and features.

It's really fascinating and outright mind blowing the new Z is using the same 370Z chassis introduced in 2009.

Kind of same reason Toyota traded EV tech for BMW engines- To keep prices affordable and entry level Sports cars.

If you are Porsche you can redesign and engineer the BEST because you sell them for 100k per copy and up.

Easy win for Toyota vs Z- Superior BMW engineering vs old in house tech.

Nissan has always been the bargain basement, we will finance anyone, disposable auto maker.

They got a little smart by using Mercedes trans at least.

C-Pike

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Yeah all that "Supra Killer" talk lol! Say what now??

I'd take a 2.0 over a refurbished 350z ANY DAY lol.
I'll pass on both lol. The Z will be worth pennies over time just like every other modern-day Z. The 2.0 will also have shitty resale since no one gives a crap about them. 🤣

Chgu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2013 FR-S
I'm sure we'll have plenty to talk about once some of those Z boys actually get cars in their driveways and start coming for us down in "Mexico."

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Kind of same reason Toyota traded EV tech for BMW engines- To keep prices affordable and entry level Sports cars.

If you are Porsche you can redesign and engineer the BEST because you sell them for 100k per copy and up.

Easy win for Toyota vs Z- Superior BMW engineering vs old in house tech.

Nissan has always been the bargain basement, we will finance anyone, disposable auto maker.

They got a little smart by using Mercedes trans at least.
100% agree. It is funny tho, Z fanboys really would rather have a 20 year old reused platform just to say it’s “in house” or “100% Nissan” instead of a better and more modern car thru a joint venture