All-new 2023 Nissan Z makes world debut!

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Gotta admit, I didn’t really know why I don’t see more Nissans out on track. Now I know why. No hating on the Z. It has its place. It’s just not on the track…. It would take too much $$$ to get the Z at the same place my Supra is. It’s just that simple. Nothing wrong with that. I realize not a lot of people track their cars. And the free track day (and NASA membership) for all with every purchase = icing on the cake 🍰
Sponsored

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
For all the shit we say about the Z, especially myself included, let’s not forget that all they have to do to shut us up is pop their hood and pull out their dipstick.

Wait, that didn’t come out right.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
My tuner here in VA just bought a Z
He has some of the fastest Supras in the country for 1/4 mile

If anyone can make one fast he can.
That is the inherent problem with the Z. How much faster/better the Supra is FROM THE FACTORY LOL :)

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
Same thing that's been happening so far with (most) GR Corolla sales.

Dealers like this one have obviously been doing SO poorly over the last couple of years selling bread and butter Versas and Altimas at barely MSRP that they just have to make up the lost price gouging opportunities on a marginally affordable low-ish volume "attainable" sportscar (sarcasm) :rolleyes:

Of course we all know those normal cars in their inventories were also offered with huge price gouges for the last couple of years similar in scale to what this Z is being slapped with.

Dealer service and parts departments that are run well and fairly remain important whenever we need them to help us but as for new car sales it sure would be nice to just be able to order from the factory with all the options one wants and wait for the car to be built and delivered while bypassing this tired and outdated middleman price gouging.

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
Not Nissan specific but a case in point for getting any of these enthusiast cars in the U.S. :

Right now in Japan Honda Motor Co has suspended further ordering for the JDM Civic Type R due to spotty availability of some parts in order to build the cars already ordered.

That sucks for anyone who will have to wait longer before they can place a new order.... but it's still better than how we have it in the U.S.

At least there IF you can get your order in.... it's on the books for the original MSRP and you just have to wait for it to be manufactured and delivered to you.

https://www.motor1.com/news/632191/honda-civic-type-r-order-stop-japan/

Translated from Honda Moto Co. Japan's website:
Apology for temporary suspension of orders for customers considering Civic Type R. Thank you for considering our vehicle. Since its launch, Civic Type R has been well received by customers, and we have received a large number of orders. On the other hand, due to the impact of the spread of the new coronavirus infection, chronic semiconductor shortages, unstable parts arrival, and delays in logistics, it is difficult to forecast future production. In order to ensure the delivery of Civic Type R to all customers who have already placed orders, we have temporarily stopped accepting orders. Regarding the resumption of orders, we will inform you again based on the future production situation. We deeply apologize for causing great inconvenience to customers who are considering it. Thank you for your understanding.
And a response to Motor1 from a Honda America PR person:

"The Japan market is different in that customers there submit orders directly via Honda Motor or their dealership. In the U.S. we allocate production to dealers, and they sell to consumers. Type R production has been allocated in the U.S. from the beginning in limited numbers, and that continues," a spokesperson said.

It's funny how the The Honda USA spokesperson says that the U.S. *market* is different. It isn't. Car enthusiasts who want special cars at their different original MSRPS are pretty much the same in all countries.

It is the *laws forbidding anyone BUT car dealerships to sell any new cars* that is the difference between the Japanese new car "market" and the U.S. new car "market".

But why make a far more accurate public statement, right?

Last edited:

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios
Almost every big shop had stuff for the car from the get go, even the new 86. Wish the supra got the same love.
It seems like it's still the US that's the most fond of the mkV Supra, I bet the very traditional Japanese a.k.a. the close-minded ones secretly resent the mkv Supra and are probably also the ones that are jizzing over Nissan's half-hearted sports car attempts.
Sponsored