Anyone else keeping their Supra bone stock?

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
Only the motor I'll keep stock. I have owned my car for 3 weeks and I already purchased all the mods I want in 1.2 inch lowering springs, wheels and a rexspeed style rear decklid painted spoiler.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ogun228

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Turbulence gray Premium Supra
Well, it's been one year and 10k miles. Time for an honest assessment, no?

Bottom line has to be: would you buy it again, all things being equal?
My answer is a resolute Yes!

In my personal opinion, at the original price point, there is nothing ouy there that can touch it. It's a looker, it's comfortable, it's fast out of the box ( keeping it that way), it's reliable, it's fun.

Things I'd like to see improvements in: steering, a bit heavier, eliminate the tail "waggle" at the factory, surer handling.

I'm disappointed in the mpg in the real world but realize that spec numbers are attained with start/stop active, in comfort mode and strictly observing speed limits, AND with cruise control on. Duh!

Overall, I am more than satisfied.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone gives me shit at work cause i told them i'd leave the car bone stock. I'm now OEM+ with a catless downpipe/ tune. ?

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
Well, I've already modified mine so I guess that's that lol. The great thing about the modifications that I've done to my car is that they are all easy to undo in the case that I want it to be OEM again. I've kept all my OEM parts and so far all I've done are basic bolt ons and a tune. I do have a pair of the EU Eibach Z4 springs on the way though, gotta get that perfect stance.

WhatTheFetch

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Bought my Supra 2 weeks ago... Purchased an extra set of black powder coated OE wheels and a Rexpeed V1 spoiler. Don't have any other plans other than window tint and a blendmount for my R3. I think that sort of counts as stock. Maybe not bone stock.. :cool:

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Anyone else keeping their Supra bone stock?

Yes......
76 Alfetta GT - stock
89 Vette - stock
94 Vette - stock
83 Lotus Esprit Turbo - stock
86 Turbo Esprit HCi - stock
94 Esprit Turbo S4 - stock
10-Nissan 370Z - stock
12 - GTi -stock
14-M235i - stock
15 WRX-STi -stock
17 M2 - stock
18 440i Xdrive - stock
2021 Supra 2.0 - stock

Stock and fun to own/drive and maintain.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Bought my Supra 2 weeks ago... Purchased an extra set of black powder coated OE wheels and a Rexpeed V1 spoiler. Don't have any other plans other than window tint and a blendmount for my R3. I think that sort of counts as stock. Maybe not bone stock.. :cool:
Yeah, that was my plan too. Literally. Radar hardwired, powdercoat the wheels, tint. That was it. Yet here we are. Oops.

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR, 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum
Since my purchase on Sept 4 of 2020, having been on this forum almost daily, I wonder whether anyone else is merely(?) keeping their Supra stock, content to enjoy a solid ride, good handling and power without a care for 0-60 times, 1/4 miles, after market downpipes, piggybacks and other tunes. I can't possibly be out there in the Supra world all alone in keeping the car as is.

As a former P-car owner for the last 10 years, I am more interested in great rides, feeling at one with the machine, anticipating its moves, playing with it, in short...Driving!

My modification has been limited to one of the wind buffeting solutions. Anh oh yes, I found the handling so twitchy that i had a Hunter alignment done and toe adjustments made at all four corners...Different car!

And no, I have no interest in racing and I don't autoX anymore.

Mine is a daily driver that I regularly take up to 3 digit speeds a la Porsche and I keep asking
myself what I would do with more power/torque and where I would use it, especially when taking the cost of mods, the inherent risks attached to mods.

I am thoroughly enjoying my Supra. What a car at that price!
Since my purchase on Sept 4 of 2020, having been on this forum almost daily, I wonder whether anyone else is merely(?) keeping their Supra stock, content to enjoy a solid ride, good handling and power without a care for 0-60 times, 1/4 miles, after market downpipes, piggybacks and other tunes. I can't possibly be out there in the Supra world all alone in keeping the car as is.

As a former P-car owner for the last 10 years, I am more interested in great rides, feeling at one with the machine, anticipating its moves, playing with it, in short...Driving!

My modification has been limited to one of the wind buffeting solutions. Anh oh yes, I found the handling so twitchy that i had a Hunter alignment done and toe adjustments made at all four corners...Different car!

And no, I have no interest in racing and I don't autoX anymore.

Mine is a daily driver that I regularly take up to 3 digit speeds a la Porsche and I keep asking
myself what I would do with more power/torque and where I would use it, especially when taking the cost of mods, the inherent risks attached to mods.

I am thoroughly enjoying my Supra. What a car at that price!
Ogun228 I am right there with you on enjoying the car as purchased. I purchased the 10 year/100k mile warranty because this car is mostly BMW and not a super reliable Toyota so I'm not gonna mess with tuning etc....
I am currently waiting on a new strut tower bar from evasive.

Very happy with the stock performance.

Cheers!!!

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
I definitely told myself (and others) I would be keeping this stock as it is great enough for me out the door.
Only did tint/PPF/ceramic and Amazon wind buffeting fix at first. Stayed that way for 9 months then it started with a new air intake. It all went quickly downhill from there...

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I definitely told myself (and others) I would be keeping this stock as it is great enough for me out the door.
Only did tint/PPF/ceramic and Amazon wind buffeting fix at first. Stayed that way for 9 months then it started with a new air intake. It all went quickly downhill from there...
Same story, replace the 9 months with 6 months, and you got my story.
Sponsored