Anyone removed the flimsy undercar brace?

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
One could always cut it so it fits with your after market exhaust. I think that satisfies both sides of this ridiculous argument.
Sponsored

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Land Cruiser 200 Series, '21 Supra
Thanks. Are they reputable brands? I've heard of Tanabe, but none of the others.
CPM is pretty legit, they are one of the main BMW tuners in Japan, like Studie AG or Laptorr. Solid machined aluminum, made in Japan. Max Orido runs this on his personal Supra.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CPM is pretty legit, they are one of the main BMW tuners in Japan, like Studie AG or Laptorr. Solid machined aluminum, made in Japan. Max Orido runs this on his personal Supra.
Does max orido have any pictures of the parts installed?

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I took mine off and replaced it with the Cusco Brace.

127C8622-4193-4CEB-A86F-677D3AAFEA4E.jpeg
2C5BDB28-4D6C-4DCB-B8F4-F912CBEBA65F.jpeg

IMG_0362.jpeg
Do you think the circled part is necessary? I'm looking at the CPM version mentioned earlier and it doesn't include this part. Wondering if it's necessary or not.

127C8622-4193-4CEB-A86F-677D3AAFEA4E.jpeg.jpg

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Like the EVAP shit that we absolutely have to have, and the goofy-ass stock intake muffler, and all the strut-tower bars that weren't on the 2020s, bullshit CCV trash, parking sensors, catalytic converter, etc. There is a bunch of stuff on the car you don't need, especially if you're serious about various variations of motorsports.

Some people might want to keep that K brace; some definitely don't need it, like all that other bullshit. But 'because it's there it's 100% needed' isn't the always accurate.
I remember way back when I was trying to replace a retention screw for a Ford Mustang rotor. A much more knowledgeable drag racing buddy came over and explained how that screw is just to hold the rotor in place while on the machine line. Iā€™ll be damnnned, he was right. It was a tiny thing and worthless šŸ˜‚ I didnā€™t need it at all. The car tracked beautifully after that and I continued to replace the rotors and pads w/out ever needing that one single retention screw. In fact, that screw is not on most higher end track cars. The rotor will sit quite nicely between the calipers with the lug nuts holding the wheel in placeā€¦ duh šŸ™„ So I made the same assumption, I must need it because it was put on there, lol.

In this case, I ordered the Cusco brace, thanks to yā€™all. Iā€™m flexing her to the max on track. If I was driving a straight line or in town, whatā€™s the point?

Just my 2 cents. Great post! āœŒšŸ¼

Last edited:

tomfree

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra 3.0 Premium
Having just done the rear sway bar, and dropping that brace in question...it did seem dubious in purpose. Someone described it as "heavy" - I wouldn't say that at all. The bolts that hold it in are heavier than the brace (anecdotally)

Oh, and for @FLtrackdays , I had a "religious discussion" recently with a bunch of track buddies about rotor screws. I'm in the camp that reinstalls them, but that's more because it looks complete, as I 100% agree with you - it's purely for assembly line.

Now, if that rotor screw fights me for a millisecond, it's in the trash. My old RX-8 had rotor screws that needed a slotted screwdriver, vs the hex head you always see now. I drilled those out and threw them away.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
I did remove it. Itā€™s pretty damn heavy and made zero difference.
LOL thats not for damping vibrations... its for weight distribution. It's a rear counterweight.
[/QUOTE]

@AdamP Please show us where you obtained that information.

tucker90

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 Premium AT Absolute Zero
Yes and I also removed that stupid "air filter" in the engine bay. Like we breathe the air ourselves why does the car need to have a stupid filter for the same air?

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
but your grammar is just as trash.
It's an inside joke on this forum, referring to another clown that tried to insult some veteran members here, and those were his exact words. So once again, you're yapping without even knowing the context, and digging a deeper hole each time.

Did Adam also just insinuate that a three-pound iron vibration damper is in fact a counterweight for a 3400 pound car? That must be why it's tuned to 48hz then, right? For that 52/48 weight distribution problem?
Sponsored