Audio upgrade options

dazza

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW Golf R Mk7.5 & Toyota Supra MkV
I sent a query to Mobridge USA hoping to order the amplifier. No reply. Are they really selling for $1000 as posted?
Try msg him through this forum.
Sponsored

dazza

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I hope the ones I ordered are correct??

The pictures that I took shows the two holes line up perfectly but the top hole is off. The picture was with the OEM door speakers. I have not at this stage bothered with the rears. Rears are just for fill. You could get away with keeping them stock and it's a huge cost to replace those with little gain. iMO. They hardly work now with the JBL system. I will connect them if I pull the trigger on the mobridge amplifier..who knows I may get excited and replace them. Not sure about centre speaker yet either. They all supposed to match in theory.

I just hope the "E's" are correct because the "M's" don't fit.
I can confirm the BMW Audison K4E's fit perfectly like OEM in the doors and the tweeters click in place of the JBL's like OEM too. The crossover sits perfectly behind the door panels. They sounds very clear. Tweeters are set to -3db

So here is my system spec so far.

Currently running a single Audision 10 Inch Sub (Dual Coil) in a sealed box placed behind the seats taking up minimal Space in my trunk with the Audison Component K4E's in the doors.

All running off a single Alpine 4 channel Amplifier connected to the Mobridge Pro Preamp

Sounds 1000 times better in all respects to the JBL 12 speaker system. Louder, Clearer, Clean and as much Bass and you need in a car this size.

No centre channel, no rear fill speakers.

Its that good I think I may leave it and not bother adding more channels or amplifier.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
Glad to hear @dazza,

So I needed up visiting my local audio shop for a consultation.

Based off of what we discussed we will be doing the following:

Mobridge MOST25

Center channel delete

Focal K2's (ES 100 K) in front. Installed as a 2-way active setup utilizing the first 4 channels of the amp.

Stock rears on channels 5&6. At time of tuning it will be decided to have them playing or not.

Focal Flax Evo 8" subs (P20 FE) on the 9th ch @2-ohms. Oem enclosure will be removed and a custom backfiring ported enclosure will be built.

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3, Alfa 4C, Ford Raptor, Porsche Macan, 21 Supra Turbo
I think that you will really appreciate the Focal K2. I bought mounting rings on EBAY from a guy in England who 3D printed them. Makes them fit directly into the factory locations with no issues. I have a set of Focal Access which I will be fitting in the rear, rears were going to either Dynaudio 8", Focal 8" or the Morel Elate 9". Using the center channel and mounting the Focal K2 in that spot.

dazza

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Glad to hear @dazza,

So I needed up visiting my local audio shop for a consultation.

Based off of what we discussed we will be doing the following:

Mobridge MOST25

Center channel delete

Focal K2's (ES 100 K) in front. Installed as a 2-way active setup utilizing the first 4 channels of the amp.

Stock rears on channels 5&6. At time of tuning it will be decided to have them playing or not.

Focal Flax Evo 8" subs (P20 FE) on the 9th ch @2-ohms. Oem enclosure will be removed and a custom backfiring ported enclosure will be built.
That setup sounds fantastic. I am certain it will turn out well. I am keen to see how they rebuild the rear subwoofer section. Please send photos.

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
I sent a query to Mobridge USA hoping to order the amplifier. No reply. Are they really selling for $1000 as posted?
FYI, I was able to get my order through for one of these, through PM on this forum. $1000, $70 shipping to the US (from Australia). They shipped Thursday or Friday, and I received it this past Monday.

It's going to be a while before I get a chance to play with it, as I've just started buying things, but did want to let people know that this amp DOES exist! Has the MOST connectors on it, and with the "Logic7/HK/EPS/Individual Audio/Bang & Olufsen/Bowers & Wilkins MOST OEM amp replacement hardware kit for MOST Converter applications" harness from TechnicPnP, it should be pretty much plug-and-play.

Now - tuning this thing is going to be insanely daunting. I'm probably going to pay someone for that part, because the scale of this thing is just way above my capabilities, unless anyone knows of a good, high-resolution RTA for cheap! :)

I haven't decided 100% on the rest of the system yet. I'm not looking to go too insane. My thoughts are going with a good component set in the front (Audison or Focal K2), something to replace the rears for good fill, and then the debate is about the rears. Since they're used for midbass, I've been considering doing what a few have done, and going with a custom enclosure where the stock woofers are, and including a pair of JL 6.5" drivers, and something like a 13TW5.

I've also thought about putting something a bit better in place of the factory woofers, and seeing how that sounds, since they'll have some better amplification. Has anyone done that yet, especially with Tadda's mods in place?

I'm not interested in losing virtually any of my storage space, but I'm flexible on the rest, if anyone has any great suggestions!

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3, Alfa 4C, Ford Raptor, Porsche Macan, 21 Supra Turbo
So I have the Focal K2 in the door and the front center. Focal Access in the rear surround. Putting Dynaudio MW172 in the rear with LOTS of damping and some fill. Will then have a separate removable subwoofer if necessary. Also ordered the Mobridge unit. At least for now, will be using the Focal passive crossovers. Mobridge crossovers will be between the Focal units, the Dynaudio woofers and the subwoofer if necessary.

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
So I have the Focal K2 in the door and the front center. Focal Access in the rear surround. Putting Dynaudio MW172 in the rear with LOTS of damping and some fill. Will then have a separate removable subwoofer if necessary. Also ordered the Mobridge unit. At least for now, will be using the Focal passive crossovers. Mobridge crossovers will be between the Focal units, the Dynaudio woofers and the subwoofer if necessary.
Sounds amazing. Definitely can't wait to hear your thoughts on running the MW172 without a dedicated sub. I haven't had a proper sub in probably 15 years, so I bet that would really be plenty for me... I've always been a fan of Dynaudio, they're so overengineered. I'd imagine those MW172s will do a great job covering the range. Fingers crossed!

How long do you think until you do the install?

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
@Tsuki is there a way you can power it up and measure the rms power.

@jorligan did you end up with an extra center k2?

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I actually found an extra K2 unit. Hope to get everything together by the end of the month. Waiting for my unit to show up. Have speakers in the doors, major improvement. Car is going in for tint next week and then stripping the interior for roll bar install, seats and the stereo. Started construction on the removable sub, making it out of 3/4 MDF sealed with 12" Earthquake sub.

Akashugly

First Name
Akash
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Sounds like a really amazing build! The Focal Access that you have is coaxial? if so what will you do for the tweeters in the back? Also are you using the mObridge amp to power it all?

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I will be using the Mobridge amp to power the system. The Focal Access is the component system with the bigger woofer, Will need to adapt or cut to make it fit.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
FYI...

Designed, engineered, and tuned SPECIFICALLY for the (2020+) Toyota Supra - The Evolution Series Sound Solution guarantees unmatched sound reproduction, seamless integration, and unwavering reliability.

WHAT'S INCLUDED:
• 64-Bit Multi-Channel DSP Power Amplifier
• Signature High-Fidelity Sound (Pre-Calibrated)
• Supra-Specific Subwoofer System (8")
• Complete Speaker Optimization (Powered & Remastered)
• Quick-Sync Wiring Harness (No Splicing / No Cutting)
• Integration Interface (All Factory Functionality Maintained)

TOOLS NEEDED:
• Panel Tool • Socket Wrench
• Socket (10mm, 13mm)
• Socket Extension (6"+)
• T30 Torx, T25 Torx
• Wrench (7mm,10mm)
• Utility Blade
• Pick Tool (Optional)

OEM Audio Plus is proud to design complete solutions designed specifically for the (2020+) Toyota Supra. Our High-Resolution Audio Systems are completely plug-and-play, backed by our 3-year warranty, and deliver unmatched sound quality and deep bass reproduction. We are committed to providing components and instructions designed for seamless integration.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
That price tag though, $2500. Thats how much my full audio upgrade equipment is costing.
Sponsored