Australia - Pricing and Availability Details

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Suzuka Silver GT
Hi all, coming into an A90 from a Lotus Exige 350. Only took a short test drive but impressed with it already, and excited by the future potential of the car which modders are undoubtedly racing to unlock.

Went to Chatswood Toyota (Sydney) yesterday to test drive the car, they brought out a silver demo GT with 700km on the odo. Loved it and pretty much bought it on the spot for $90k driveaway. Couldn't knock them down any further but happy to not pay over list.

Insurance through NRMA was ~$1400/yr. Should be picking it up tomorrow or Saturday :D
Sponsored

Rogue13

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes-AMG A45, Toyota 86 GT
Hi all, coming into an A90 from a Lotus Exige 350. Only took a short test drive but impressed with it already, and excited by the future potential of the car which modders are undoubtedly racing to unlock.

Went to Chatswood Toyota (Sydney) yesterday to test drive the car, they brought out a silver demo GT with 700km on the odo. Loved it and pretty much bought it on the spot for $90k driveaway. Couldn't knock them down any further but happy to not pay over list.

Insurance through NRMA was ~$1400/yr. Should be picking it up tomorrow or Saturday :D
Congrats and enjoy!

OP
OP

kabnine

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKIV RZ-S & SZ, MV Augusta Dragster 800, MKV Supra
If its not your daily driver, hit Shannons up. I think they quoted me $800ish for once a fortnight use.

Reppunkamui

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020, Toyota Supra 1994, BMW 135i M-Sport,
I can't imagine comprehensive insurance for a $100k+ car would be $880 per year. Especially since Shannons can't let you trade a higher excess for a lower premium as well. I'll give them a call on Monday, sounds like a steal if this is the case.

Reppunkamui

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No luck, Shannons quoted for comprehensive. $3.4k premium, $1.05k excess. I would be a new Shannons customer, if that makes a difference.

OP
OP

kabnine

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No luck, Shannons quoted for comprehensive. $3.4k premium, $1.05k excess. I would be a new Shannons customer, if that makes a difference.
Whoa.... thats excessive. I just check my quote (from back in October) and its definiately for the new Supra. (DB42R) I am older, and have my bike, other supras and daily drivers insured with them as well. I might need to check and make sure the pricing hasn't changed.

Rogue13

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes-AMG A45, Toyota 86 GT
Today there are 29x 2019 A90's all at retail or below on calsales - no markups.

With the announcement of the updates coming to Aus : https://www.motoring.com.au/2021-toyota-supra-more-power-better-handling-122852/

I wonder what will happen with the 300+ units incoming that don't have the enhancements? I would imagine the typical A90 buyer would be all over this news. I would think there are a few cancelled orders too.

Good time to buy if your not fussed about the upgrades but not sure if this buyer exists. I can see these cars sitting at dealership for a long long time..

Anyone here planning on getting the next batch ? genuinely interested to know why, I guess you could get a great deal on them.

OP
OP

kabnine

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I only just took delivery of mine. I don't always buy the latest and greatest. As someone who loves technology, when I buy something I am fully aware that it is already out of date and superceded or will soon be. I don't buy things to make other people happy.

I find if you are less concered with what other people have, and focus on the things that make you happy, such things as a new model will upset you significantly less and instead sometimes be an opportunity to get a bargain. :)

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Suzuka Silver GT
Well said @kabnine. Those who constantly chase the latest and greatest will continually be disappointed.
The supra is a regular production car that is improved year upon year and will simply depreciate as such.
People who bought the car for the car will continue to enjoy it, those who bought a status symbol will not.

Reppunkamui

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Oh nice, I wasn't sure if we were going to get the update since Europe was not and we were confirmed not to get the 2 litre model. Very curious to know what the price hike will be.

Red-hat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86, 370Z
Is it confirmed Australia still doesn’t get the 4 cylinder? Odd that they are releasing it in the USA now, but not here. They need something between the price of an 86 and 3.0 Supra.

scolaiw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
See signature
At how many kms are we supposed to be bringing our cars in for the first service? I can only find mile figures online and I had the dealer remove the next service sticker when I picked up the car because I like a clean car lol.
Sponsored