B58 JB Plus Quick Install Tuner ....

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
In your case I would be concerned you could be nearing the max flow of the injectors with that much e85 mixed in. I would consider backing down on the e85 content only. There may be no real need to back off the JB+ setting.
Understandable but BMS told me that 2-3 gallons of E is fine to use with the JB+. The HPFP and injectors on the b58 gen2 is actually capable of up to e50, but since JB+ is just a piggyback, stock tune fuel trim map can't compensate past e30ish.
Sponsored

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2023 Supra
Hmm I would have thought short term fuel trim would have limitations but not long term trims. I was unaware people were running E50 on the stock FP and injectors good to know there is that much headroom in the OEM fuel system.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Am I the only one that wants to run the car on pure 93 and leave it at that. Why is everyone obsessed with adding Ethanol on almost stock cars. Surely it's not worth the trouble unless you are bothering with a half decent tune? 🤷‍♂️

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Am I the only one that wants to run the car on pure 93 and leave it at that. Why is everyone obsessed with adding Ethanol on almost stock cars. Surely it's not worth the trouble unless you are bothering with a half decent tune? 🤷‍♂️
Yeah the whole E thing is a bit odd considering this to be the most mildest tune and cheapest lol.

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah the whole E thing is a bit odd considering this to be the most mildest tune and cheapest lol.
The reasoning is simple. JB+ is adding nearly 5 psi of boost and has no logging capability. If the engine is making timing corrections (ie pre-detonation), I would have no way of knowing. I am taking the precaution and using E to raise my octane to ensure engine safety and improve performance consistency.

You can see that myself and others (@RyanA90 , @puppers , @GreyMadder ) in this thread found benefits in using it.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
You can see that myself and others in this thread found benefits in using it.
Not really. The information in this thread is confusing and there has been no clear link made between running any mixture of Ethanol vs pure 93ULP causing a net benefit. In this thread, all Ethanol has done is add an unnecessary layer of complexity on what is arguably a simple no nonsense mod. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that if I have to blend Ethanol to use the JB+ it's a complete waste of my time and not worth the price of admission. Besides, isn't 93ULP beyond what the stock Supra tune needs anyway.. and therefore already acting as a so called precaution?

While I understand the benefits of running Ethanol blends in tuned vehicles, in the case of the JB+ I think it is largely just placebo. 🤷‍♂️

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not really. The information in this thread is confusing and there has been no clear link made between running any mixture of Ethanol vs pure 93ULP causing a net benefit. In this thread, all Ethanol has done is add an unnecessary layer of complexity on what is arguably a simple no nonsense mod. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that if I have to blend Ethanol to use the JB+ it's a complete waste of my time and not worth the price of admission. Besides, isn't 93ULP beyond what the stock Supra tune needs anyway.. and therefore already acting as a so called precaution?

While I understand the benefits of running Ethanol blends in tuned vehicles, in the case of the JB+ I think it is largely just placebo. 🤷‍♂️
Suit yourself. Taking 3 extra minutes to fill a couple gallons of E at the pump is neither an inconvenience or extra cost for me to do. FYI - Owners manual says E25 is perfectly OK (page 326). Perhaps give it a try before discrediting the 4 of us (And BMS) who have tried it. No one ever said it was a requirement for JB+, just said that it helps with power consistency.

1685546042858.png

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
And? Just because it's OK doesn't mean it is good. Besides, without logs you said it yourself:

You realise this applies with or without Ethanol in the mix right?

PLA-CEBO.
Not really willing to continue discussion if you aren't being constructive. If you try the JB+ with and without E and still hold the same opinion, leave that feedback here.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
And? Just because it's OK doesn't mean it is good. Besides, without logs you said it yourself:

You realise this applies with or without Ethanol in the mix right?

PLA-CEBO.
You still don't have your car... and the manufacturer of the product literally said it was okay.

I'm sure they would have tested it.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
You still don't have your car... and the manufacturer of the product literally said it was okay. I'm sure they would have tested it.
Ok mate. 😂

Not really willing to continue discussion if you aren't being constructive. If you try the JB+ with and without E and still hold the same opinion, leave that feedback here.
That's fine. I was trying to show you that your reasoning is flawed but whatever.. enjoy your Ethanol use and the benefits it brings you.

Last edited:

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
If you want to run 93 only with almost 5 psi more than stock then do that but bitching about those who want an extra layer of octane boosting and knock protection by using e25-30 is childish.

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, BRZ, MGB, Triumph TR3, AH 100-4,
Suit yourself. Taking 3 extra minutes to fill a couple gallons of E at the pump is neither an inconvenience or extra cost for me to do. FYI - Owners manual says E25 is perfectly OK (page 326). Perhaps give it a try before discrediting the 4 of us (And BMS) who have tried it. No one ever said it was a requirement for JB+, just said that it helps with power consistency.

1685546042858.png
Does this apply to an automatic, too?