GreyMadder

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten A90 Premium, 08 Tundra, 04 GX470
Does this apply to an automatic, too?
Yes its in the manual I read this long ago when myself my son were reading through the manual, and was going to try it with out the JB+. I then saw this thread and then was sold of giving it a go. It definitely has gains the two people that ride in my car most even noticed the difference, my oldest son who's 17 and into cars especially. Also made the pops and bangs sound different for whatever reason and pretty agressive in manual mode on downshifts. For the two extra minutes at the pump I'd say worth it and running the car cooler over all with the E content . Why not?

I'd like to take the time to dyno the differences and may down the road just for fun. I got my JB+ used for $100 so its for sure best bang for buck until I send the ECU across the pond.
Sponsored

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Are there any other tricks to it? Definitely squeezed the tab down and spent 20 min trying to get it off with no luck till my fingers couldn't anymore šŸ˜• Think it would help to have the car warmed up beforehand?

UPDATE: just use an angled pick to lift up the connector from the back while you squeeze the tab and pull. Idk how people do it without a pick but I got it first try with one.

Test drive complete with the dial all the way up. Yes it works fine with the manual. I had a weird power delay in 1st gear once but couldn't recreate it after 10 more tries. Probably ECU still was adapting to the piggy back. No joke this car felt as quick as a G80 M3 I've driven. Gotta be the best bang for the buck mod, period.
I'm incoherent, can you describe this in a photo format circled? If you can. Which part to lift up and is it squeezing the white tab downwards simultaneously?

Just got my jb+

:)

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
I'm incoherent, can you describe this in a photo format circled? If you can. Which part to lift up and is it squeezing the white tab downwards simultaneously?

Just got my jb+

:)
This is a pic off of the JB+ install guide that I've drawn on. Pull the #1 tab out. Squeeze #1 down and pull the connector off gently while lightly sticking the pick tool in between the male and female connectors at #2. It came off VERY easily. Don't try to force anything.
1685727815519.png

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is a pic off of the JB+ install guide that I've drawn on. Pull the #1 tab out. Squeeze #1 down and pull the connector off gently while lightly sticking the pick tool in between the male and female connectors at #2. It came off VERY easily. Don't try to force anything.
1685727815519.png
You're a Saint, appreciate you!

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Also made the pops and bangs sound different for whatever reason and pretty agressive in manual mode on downshifts.
Ethanol doesn't burn at 14.7:1 ratio like gasoline. It's much richer, so there's just more fuel being combusted - especially when the car overruns the fuel to make pops. Your car may also be marginally louder. If that's not the reason, anyone feel free to correct me.

TheBayA90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nocturnal A90, 2021 Lexus RX350 F sport
Iā€™m currently running my Jb+ at 3psi and unfortunately only have access to 91. Iā€™d be interested in trying E. Thereā€™s only one gas station near by that has E85, how much should I fill up?

RyanA90

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
ā€˜23 Supra A91-MT Burnout
Iā€™m currently running my Jb+ at 3psi and unfortunately only have access to 91. Iā€™d be interested in trying E. Thereā€™s only one gas station near by that has E85, how much should I fill up?
The ratio is about 1 gallon of E to 3 gallons of 91/93.

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2023 Supra
Not really. The information in this thread is confusing and there has been no clear link made between running any mixture of Ethanol vs pure 93ULP causing a net benefit. In this thread, all Ethanol has done is add an unnecessary layer of complexity on what is arguably a simple no nonsense mod. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that if I have to blend Ethanol to use the JB+ it's a complete waste of my time and not worth the price of admission. Besides, isn't 93ULP beyond what the stock Supra tune needs anyway.. and therefore already acting as a so called precaution?

While I understand the benefits of running Ethanol blends in tuned vehicles, in the case of the JB+ I think it is largely just placebo. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
This thread is an exchange of information. Everyone's experience using the JB+ can potentially add value. I for one feel the E discussion has been great and no way confusing. Not every person's experience will be supported by logged data or a dyno run. It doesn't mean they should not contribute. If you believe it is placebo fine but others have a different opinion.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
This thread is an exchange of information. Everyone's experience using the JB+ can potentially add value. I for one feel the E discussion has been great and no way confusing. Not every person's experience will be supported by logged data or a dyno run. It doesn't mean they should not contribute. If you believe it is placebo fine but others have a different opinion.
That's actually my point. These are just random opinions and if they aren't grounded in evidence then we may as well just start dropping different brands of cola in to see if it helps.

When we base knowledge on opinion alone, the entire body of knowledge becomes circumspect but whatever. lol

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Can we get some time slips (dragy or any other device) results vs stock. I hardly see any here aside from a few

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
That's actually my point. These are just random opinions and if they aren't grounded in evidence then we may as well just start dropping different brands of cola in to see if it helps.

When we base knowledge on opinion alone, the entire body of knowledge becomes circumspect but whatever. lol
Again it's not an opinion if it's straight from the seller of the product though....

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2023 Supra

Really? How many times have you heard "Butt dyno" or "seat of my pants" on this forum. I thinks it is a bit extreme to invalidate the entire body of knowledge because people are offering their driving impressions without anything more objective. Just my opinion.

GreyMadder

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten A90 Premium, 08 Tundra, 04 GX470
Really? How many times have you heard "Butt dyno" or "seat of my pants" on this forum. I thinks it is a bit extreme to invalidate the entire body of knowledge because people are offering their driving impressions without anything more objective. Just my opinion.

Its pretty straight forward. More octane is going to produce more power on a boosted car. Add the increased boost pressure and yes its faster. I think someone posted draggy time with just the JB+. I'll eventually log some . People just want to argue a point I guess.
Sponsored