B58 JB Plus Quick Install Tuner ....

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Hey man, I notice you're pretty apprehensive about the JB+. I really think you would prefer the JB4 instead due to logging capabilities. You could see right away if your car is happy with the device or fighting it. Rather than just hoping that everything is running right.

You can still run the JB4 at lower boost levels like the JB+, and if it throws a code, you will know exactly why in the log.
Hahha.. Yeah.. I'm just doing due diligence I guess. Lots of conflicting information online.

I think I'm going to go the JB+ because it's cheap and I'm too lazy to tune the JB4. I like the plug and play aspect of it. If the JB+ doesn't work out (or I want more power) I'll just go full Femto. šŸ˜‚
Sponsored

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Hahha.. Yeah.. I'm just doing due diligence I guess. Lots of conflicting information online.

I think I'm going to go the JB+ because it's cheap and I'm too lazy to tune the JB4. I like the plug and play aspect of it. If the JB+ doesn't work out (or I want more power) I'll just go full Femto. šŸ˜‚
Totally get it, JB+ worked great for me anyway.

There is usually no need to tune the JB4 really unless you have mods, particularly a downpipe.

Always have the trade up credit too, full refund on JB+ when you upgrade.

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23ā€™ 3.0 Base
JB+ was a good bump. JB4 was a better bump (map 1&2). Custom map on the JB4 with @Jesse DaBears is the best yet. Most power/smoothest/safest. Jesse is fantastic and if youā€™re tentative about pulling the ECU and shipping it, a custom map6 is plenty of power on the street.

Viper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Viper, TRX, M4
Any issues with Jb+ with an after market catted down pipe with a manual transmission? I was thinking of starting off at lower setting?

thx

Last edited:

Andrew__a90

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium Nitro Yellow
I just bought a JB+, is 4 psi of boost completely safe? Wanting to make sure thereā€™s no way of harming my engine. I know our turbos are good up to 22 so Iā€™d be taking mine from the factory 14 to 18 psi but just wanting to double check. Obviously modifying it at all raises the risk ever so slightly but is there any reason 18 psi would be dangerous? Thanks in advance

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
I just bought a JB+, is 4 psi of boost completely safe? Wanting to make sure thereā€™s no way of harming my engine. I know our turbos are good up to 22 so Iā€™d be taking mine from the factory 14 to 18 psi but just wanting to double check. Obviously modifying it at all raises the risk ever so slightly but is there any reason 18 psi would be dangerous? Thanks in advance
+4 psi is fine for 93 octane.

You may get more power out of a lower setting like 3 or 3.5 psi depending on fuel and climate.

Andrew__a90

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium Nitro Yellow
Can't believe people are using anything lower than 93 to be honest.
Same, I live in VA and itā€™s everywhere. In WV when I visit family I have to find specific gas stations that sell 93 which can be tricky sometimes. I guess there are some states that donā€™t have it at all too. Toyota knew this tho and thatā€™s why you can gain decent power with just a 93 tune because the car is kind of ā€œde tunedā€ in order to accept 91 as well.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Same, I live in VA and itā€™s everywhere. In WV when I visit family I have to find specific gas stations that sell 93 which can be tricky sometimes. I guess there are some states that donā€™t have it at all too. Toyota knew this tho and thatā€™s why you can gain decent power with just a 93 tune because the car is kind of ā€œde tunedā€ in order to accept 91 as well.
Yeah. That's interesting. Here in Australia 93 is pretty ubiquitous. Couldn't imagine running anything else.

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2023 Supra
No issues with the JB+ other than that one mil. Anyone try adding a gallon or two of E85 to a tank with the JB+ ? I think there could be more performance to be had. I read a thread where up to 30% E85 was used with the stock DME

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
I live in WV and have been pretty much everywhere in the state. Not sure why youā€™d have trouble finding 93? I donā€™t recall ever seeing a station where it wasnā€™t offered.

GreyMadder

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten A90 Premium, 08 Tundra, 04 GX470
No issues with the JB+ other than that one mil. Anyone try adding a gallon or two of E85 to a tank with the JB+ ? I think there could be more performance to be had. I read a thread where up to 30% E85 was used with the stock DME

When running mine I ran mine down to 1 bar of fuel and would fill up 3 gallons of E85 and the rest 93. Def performance difference. JB + all the way up. nothing major but the car def ran harder, pulled a bit harder and the intake and exhaust pops were louder. No CEL or anything like that. My kid or rides with me all the time also noticed it as we do the same kind of pulls and driving when we go for rides. I recently demodded the car to sell it and I can attest the stock set up can surely be felt as slower. lol

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2023 Supra
Alcohol tends to cool things down in addition to the obvious knock resistance. I figured there are gains to be had as long as there is headroom on the fueling side. Nice to hear you used 3 gallons without an issue. You must have had close to E30 in there. I will let someone else do the math.
Sponsored