Big Bird Yellow Circuit/Track Supra from Sydney

B58fan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Hi guys,

This is my MK5 Supra from Sydney Australia. My daily as well as the track day weapon of choice.

A long time BMW fan, coming from a series of Turbo RWD Bimmers including F30 335i, F22 M235i and F87 M2 N55, I had no doubt in my mind that the new Supra will be a worthy upgrade. Hence, here we are!

Plenty of mods and track day content to come...

Cheers

20200222170346_IMG_2072.jpg

20200222164626_IMG_2017.jpg

View attachment 22840
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Darth

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
02 S2k, 09 Aerorace, 07 Y61, 14 1500 Denali
Vehicle Showcase
Here is an in car video of us around Mount Panorama where the famous Bathurst 12 hour endurance race is held.

Welcome to the fourm! I saw that video before. Love this legendary track!

OP
OP

B58fan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
You do realise the Aussie supra version is detuned and has crap euro quieter resonator exhaust?
Sorry to spill the beans.
Yes, so I was told, how sad...:(:D but the resonator was the first to go within the first two months.

OP
OP

B58fan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
First up was a custom exhaust consists of 4inch downpipe to replace the catalytic converter, a 3.5inch front pipe which then is mated to the stock rear section. The DP was made with the largest possible ID, 4.5inch from the turbo tapers down to a true 4inch ID flex and onto 3.5inch Vband.

IMG_3636.jpg

IMG_3637.jpg

IMG_3623.jpg

Charlie

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GTS , Landrover Discovery 4, EVO 9 .
First up was a custom exhaust consists of 4inch downpipe to replace the catalytic converter, a 3.5inch front pipe which then is mated to the stock rear section. The DP was made with the largest possible ID, 4.5inch from the turbo tapers down to a true 4inch ID flex and onto 3.5inch Vband.

IMG_3636.jpg

IMG_3637.jpg

IMG_3623.jpg
I love what you have done with your Supra. I am another Aussie Supra owner. It feels a bit lonely up here in Queensland ( beautiful Sunshine Coast) as everyone is still just learning about the car. Are the carbon fibre sections wrap or the real deal? I was wondering who made your down pipe and turbo tapers? I am about to embark on this exercise myself. Do you do an exhaust as well. I am having trouble finding the local after market suppliers here in Australia that really know what they are doing. I have had a number of track / targa cars M3s Evo 9s ... and like you celebrate the Toyota BMW connection. If you need a set of custom King springs contact me as a Australian Rally champion Murray Coote (MCA Suspension Landsborough) has worked out the perfect setup for me while retaining the existing shocks and damping system. I am very happy with it. I am currently sorting out track wheels and tyres. What type / size are you running? Cheers Glenn

Charlie

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Here is an in car video of us around Mount Panorama where the famous Bathurst 12 hour endurance race is held.

Great track, great car great driving! I know the track very well and it is very intimidating especially dropping off the top of the mountain. It is hard from a video to get a sense of just how steep and twisty it is. Good to see someone in action who uses the car for what is was intended.

OP
OP

B58fan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I love what you have done with your Supra. I am another Aussie Supra owner. It feels a bit lonely up here in Queensland ( beautiful Sunshine Coast) as everyone is still just learning about the car. Are the carbon fibre sections wrap or the real deal? I was wondering who made your down pipe and turbo tapers? I am about to embark on this exercise myself. Do you do an exhaust as well. I am having trouble finding the local after market suppliers here in Australia that really know what they are doing. I have had a number of track / targa cars M3s Evo 9s ... and like you celebrate the Toyota BMW connection. If you need a set of custom King springs contact me as a Australian Rally champion Murray Coote (MCA Suspension Landsborough) has worked out the perfect setup for me while retaining the existing shocks and damping system. I am very happy with it. I am currently sorting out track wheels and tyres. What type / size are you running? Cheers Glenn
Thanks Glenn. The roof is a matte grey wrap. I wanted to break down all the yellow, thought it turned out decent. The down pipe and front pipe is a custom job by a very good race car fabricator in Sydney. I have retained the factory rear section, for now.

For the suspension, I'm running HKS lowering springs at the moment, they are not the best. I'll give them a few more track days but will keep your offer in mind.

The wheels are Rays TE37SAGA 18x9.5 and 18x10.5 its a custom batch made for Aus only. If you're interested I can DM the details to you. Tyres are Hankook Z221 R compound 265 and 295.

OP
OP

B58fan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Great track, great car great driving! I know the track very well and it is very intimidating especially dropping off the top of the mountain. It is hard from a video to get a sense of just how steep and twisty it is. Good to see someone in action who uses the car for what is was intended.
Thanks Charlie. Yes its an amazing and terrifying track at the same time. I didn't work up the confidence to take the right hand elbow (at the end of Conrod straight) flat. Can't wait to go back there for Challenge Bathurst at the end of the year. The Supra has been a very enjoyable track car thus far, I'm not dissapointed at all!

Charlie

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks Glenn. The roof is a matte grey wrap. I wanted to break down all the yellow, thought it turned out decent. The down pipe and front pipe is a custom job by a very good race car fabricator in Sydney. I have retained the factory rear section, for now.

For the suspension, I'm running HKS lowering springs at the moment, they are not the best. I'll give them a few more track days but will keep your offer in mind.

The wheels are Rays TE37SAGA 18x9.5 and 18x10.5 its a custom batch made for Aus only. If you're interested I can DM the details to you. Tyres are Hankook Z221 R compound 265 and 295.
I

HaiFrends

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 GR Supra Nocturnal Black
amazing build. would love to track mine at some point!