22 Supra; 19 TTRS; 19 Velar P380 HSE; 15 GLA45 AMG

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
At this level of investment, I'm going AP's or Brembo GT.

Bias is calculated, plus you get fully floating rotors.

And pad options.

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
One of my big concerns with doing anything is maintaining proper pedal feel and F/R brake balance.
I have this kit. Feel and balance are fantastic.

Still love this thread. Just wish there was a better OEM option for the rear. That one piston caliper looks like ass.

razorlab

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
At this level of investment, I'm going AP's or Brembo GT.

Bias is calculated, plus you get fully floating rotors.

And pad options.
The M brakes will be about a 1/4 of the price of those kits. The M brake caliper is the same caliper as the Brembo GT, and the same size rotor, 380mm.

OP
OP
Z4m40i

Z4m40i

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW z4 m40i, 2020 BMW X7 40i
The M brakes will be about a 1/4 of the price of those kits.
Exactly that

Being able to source products via production cars will ultimately make these a lot cheaper than kits. I sold my OE brake setup for what I paid to upgrade the front and rears. It took some time to research and source everything individually, but virtually a free upgrade!

Last edited:

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Exactly that

Being able to source products via production cars will ultimately make these a lot cheaper than kits. I sold my OE brake setup for what I paid to upgrade the front and rears. It took some time to research and source everything individually, but virtually a free upgrade!
I love OEM parts because they are all tested and validated as well. This stuff is great guys!

Kujiwara

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra AT Stratosphere, GLI32, SVT Cobra
Thanks for the detailed info! I've always thought about the 374 option as I really wanted a G20 M340i with track pack in the past and thought they would work on the Supra. If they had more pad options it would be one of my first mods for the track.

In terms of brake balance, for those interested in doing this, if you're running grippier tires you can just try doing the front brakes first, as the front brakes/tires will be taking more load than the rear compared to stock. Would be worth to just upgrade the stock fronts first. Let's say stock ideal brake balance is 60F 40R, when you go with a semi slick like cup 2R the ideal balance might end up being 65/35. To some extent the EBD in the ESP module can handle this during lock up, but before lock up it still relies on the physical brake balance from the hardware. This is partially the reason why you had to option these brakes as a package with a pre LCI G20 and also came with PS4S tires instead of all season.

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
The M brakes will be about a 1/4 of the price of those kits. The M brake caliper is the same caliper as the Brembo GT, and the same size rotor, 380mm.
Even factoring in two piece rotors?

Because the M drilled rotor setup is fucking garbage.

And they're heavy as all hell.

Also for a car this size, you would think you wouldn't need anything more than a good 4 piston caliper, decent pads, good fluid, and some 2 piece 355mm fully floating rotors.

I run a 4 piston Brembo GTR setup on my NA E46 M3 and the thing stops on a dime compared to my SC E46 M3 which runs a Dinan 6 piston monoblock Brembo setup with 380mm rotors.

razorlab

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Even factoring in two piece rotors?

Because the M drilled rotor setup is fucking garbage.

And they're heavy as all hell.

Also for a car this size, you would think you wouldn't need anything more than a good 4 piston caliper, decent pads, good fluid, and some 2 piece 355mm fully floating rotors.

I run a 4 piston Brembo GTR setup on my NA E46 M3 and the thing stops on a dime compared to my SC E46 M3 which runs a Dinan 6 piston monoblock Brembo setup with 380mm rotors.
I guess these options won’t be for you then. 🤷‍♂️

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
very nice!
I am keeping this on the top of the pile

razorlab

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Welp, I don't think this warrants a new thread, but if others think otherwise, I can create a new thread.

After testing fitment, The GX M2/3/4/5 M caliper upgrade is kinda dead in the water for me but figured I would share my findings for others.

Apparently, the new caliper bracket adapters that Tronik sells for the 380mm rotors plus our Supra hubs must push the caliper out from center more because 19" wheels BARELY fit over these calipers. Which is odd because 18" wheels fit fine on M2/3/4 and are even an option from the factory. You will see from my photos, an 18" would never come close to fitting with these adapters, and are personally even too close to 19's for me. This is dead in the water for me because I want to run 18's for track use.

Keep in mind that the rotors shown in these photos are still the oem Supra size. I just test fit the caliper as that is the furthest out point of the setup.

If anyone does want to use these calipers on their Supra, I am sharing my spreadsheet I created with all the part numbers:

IMG_3237.jpeg
IMG_3373.jpeg
IMG_3365.jpeg
IMG_3368.jpeg
IMG_3370.jpeg

OP
OP
Z4m40i

Z4m40i

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW z4 m40i, 2020 BMW X7 40i
Thanks for sharing this and doing your research!
Hmm very interesting. Pictures of it on a 19'' already look tight on the m3, but the 18'' wheels look like they're one loose wheel weight from catastrophe.
Style 824m for reference. Not a usual spec for the g80's. I'm curious though, if the caliper is pushed slightly further from center, that means the pad wouldn't be making full contact with the rotor. I wonder if the fitment has to do with the barrel design on the stock supra wheels?

824m.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: