• Total voters

Jamassi

First Name
Edreus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 refraction blue Supra 2003 Mitsubishi Evo
Hey so I have an opportunity to trade up to the BMW m2cs from my blue A91 edition Supra. I have test driven the m2 cs which by the way is a 6 speed and I feel like there are improvements compared to the Supra across the board. However I really like the Supra and the looks of it more than the m2cs overall. Anyone have any input on what I should do or what factors should make my decision. Iā€™m really torn and I know this is time sensitive as the m2cs wonā€™t be available for much longer with deal I have in place and finding another one probably wonā€™t happen for a while.
Sponsored

Mk5Frank

First Name
franklin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 type r, 2021 supra
What lip kit is on your a91?

I mean personally I like the styling of the Supra and the performance difference isnā€™t night and day except you Have manual

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
I shopped the M2 hard coming from a long line BMW's
style and performance per $$ made the choice for me.

LOVE BMWs but the M2 style was/is rather bland. Seats and interior are better but $$/performance the Supra wins

In the end whatever scratches your itch. I don't think you have a wrong decision here.

Stock for stock my Supra was faster around the track than the M2 now after extensive track prep i am over 10 secs faster per lap then the members w M2 at our home track. fwiw

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I love the fundamental concept of the M2 CS and the fact that it exists but value-wise, I don't think I could justify owning one. As you get up near that $100K price point, I think about a different set of choices.

OP
OP
Jamassi

Jamassi

First Name
Edreus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What lip kit is on your a91?

I mean personally I like the styling of the Supra and the performance difference isnā€™t night and day except you Have manual
tbh I sold the lip to a member on here and have been waiting for the kies front lip to come back in stock. This one was one of those readily available on eBay and other sites canā€™t remember the name atm

OP
OP
Jamassi

Jamassi

First Name
Edreus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So what I can say so far is that the seating position in the m2 is very high and doesnā€™t give me a feel of driving a sports car, more in line with sedans. On a positive note itā€™s much easier to get in and out of. Didnā€™t drive it much but Iā€™m really feeling the gear box and reminds me how fun it could be rowing my own gears. With all the settings on sport plus, the car felt faster and handled sharper than the Supra. The steering felt more heavy and precise. The exhaust is more raspy without the burbles and of course the back seats-lol canā€™t forget about those. Braking was also superior.

the deal I have in place is the Supra +$35k to get the deal for the M2cs which I feel is more than fair when taking a look at prices. I do have ~$5k in mods on the Supra mostly all cosmetic carbon goodies. Iā€™m really torn I hate to see the Supra go but also this maybe my only opportunity at the cs. Iā€™m sure m2 competition could happen in the future but this cs has loads of goodies and features that are exclusive for this car and from what I read online only 400 produced for America.

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
Supra over regular M2, sure. Supra over M2 CS? Tough call. The CS is special.

However, it looks like the M2 CS goes for the same price as a used 981 GT4, and I would 100% get the Porsche 981 GT4 over the M2 CS any day.

Last edited:

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
the deal I have in place is the Supra +$35k to get the deal for the M2cs which I feel is more than fair when taking a look at prices. I do have ~$5k in mods on the Supra mostly all cosmetic carbon goodies.
Wait, I don't think I am tracking this. MSRP for the M2CS is what, $85K before taxes, title, fees, etc.? What are they giving you for your Supra? 50K?

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
This is like trying to ask everyone which bourbon you're going to drink exclusively for the next year. Everyone has different taste.

I personally owned an M2, test drove an M2C, then bought the Supra.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
I'm taking the bespoke sports car chassis instead of one that was made to be a street car first and a sports car second. The M2 is heavier than a supra as well.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Asking this question on a Supra forum will get you biased results. The M2 CS is a cool car but its not that special.

-RJM
Sponsored