Broke clip for intake breather hose

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
When installing the MST v2 intake pipe, I broke about half of the incredibly fragile clip that holds the breather hose into place into the bottom intake pipe. The tube still seats properly into the intake and appears to be mostly sealed. It also looks like it's a bitch to replace the entire hose.

Do I just need to bite the bullet, remove everything, and replace this hose?
Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 06.06.41.png
Sponsored

jgardner150

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I did the same thing... I had the clip that holds it on still intact so I just zip-tied it to keep it latched on. No noticeable impacts so far and have read from others here it shouldn't cause issues.
IMG_3555.jpg

IMG_3559.jpg

With that said. I did order the replacement since I'm going to be working on the car again shortly and will most likely have to remove the intake to make things more accessible...

PIPE SUB-ASSEMBLY, VENTILATION
P/N - 12262WAA031

https://parts.toyota.com/p/Toyota__/PIPE-SUB-ASSEMBLY---VENTILATION/78451816/12262WAA03.html

Got mine for $ 27.30

Also wanted to mention that the MST instructions do not mention that the rubber seal needs to be transferred from the stock intake pipe, the side that connects to the turbo (either that or I'm blind / not remembering)

OP
OP
zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I did the same thing... I had the clip that holds it on still intact so I just zip-tied it to keep it latched on. No noticeable impacts so far and have read from others here it shouldn't cause issues.
IMG_3555.jpg

IMG_3559.jpg

With that said. I did order the replacement since I'm going to be working on the car again shortly and will most likely have to remove the intake to make things more accessible...

P/N - 12262WAA031

https://parts.toyota.com/p/Toyota__/PIPE-SUB-ASSEMBLY---VENTILATION/78451816/12262WAA03.html

Got mine for $ 27.30

Also wanted to mention that the MST instructions do not mention that the rubber seal needs to be transferred from the stock intake pipe, the side that connects to the turbo (either that or I'm blind / not remembering)
Ordered the replacement. I need to get in there to install the EWG for the JB4 anyway.

MKV2021

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 premium
IMG_3555.jpg

IMG_3559.jpg

P/N - 12262WAA031

Got mine for $ 27.30

I noticed that as well. Seems the directions that came with my v.2 were actually for a v.1; it made no mention of the added inlet tube, let alone that o-ring, whatsoever. And there were several times I was sure I was gonna break that clip too, but fortunately I didn't.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor

P/N - 12262WAA031

Got mine for $ 27.30

Thank you sir! I broke the same damn thing.

Kyuuyu

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Supra
So how do you actually take that thing iff and how do you replace it? Also i feel like i may have messed up somewhere where my car feels like it wont rev and the air sucking noise is just constant whistle theres no let off?

OP
OP
zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So how do you actually take that thing iff and how do you replace it? Also i feel like i may have messed up somewhere where my car feels like it wont rev and the air sucking noise is just constant whistle theres no let off?
It’s kind of a pain to trail it back. I was going to do it when I swapped the charge pipe but never did. Just zip ties it. It’s also just on the intake, it wouldn’t affect revving at all. You might be having other issues.

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
Same person from the fb group post? Check your charge pipe connection, and your connection to the turbo. Basically back track to the beginning and go through double checking everything. Constant like in your videos you posted, it's leaking bad from somewhere=not a secure connection

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
I'm going to replace my intake pipe soon, any tips on not breaking that breather hose off since it seems to be a hilariously fragile part?

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I'm going to replace my intake pipe soon, any tips on not breaking that breather hose off since it seems to be a hilariously fragile part?
I was told by Toyota Supra tech just to order a few spare ones. He says he breaks them often as well. It’s only $34

Vroomin350

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS C7 Corvette
IMG_3555.jpg

IMG_3559.jpg

P/N - 12262WAA031

Got mine for $ 27.30

Sorry for bring back a thread from the dead but when said “the Rubber Seals need to be transferred from the stock intake pipe” which are you referring to? I don’t remember reusing any OEM seals.

I watched a video on you tube (btw I also broke the clip ?) but i feel like my intake noises aren’t constant

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Sorry for bring back a thread from the dead but when said “the Rubber Seals need to be transferred from the stock intake pipe” which are you referring to? I don’t remember reusing any OEM seals.

I watched a video on you tube (btw I also broke the clip ?) but i feel like my intake noises aren’t constant
There were rubber O-rings in the stock intake pipe you're supposed to take out and put into the new pipe.

Vroomin350

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS C7 Corvette
There were rubber O-rings in the stock intake pipe you're supposed to take out and put into the new pipe.
Shit, I watched an entire video of install and didn’t see that. Maybe that’s why I feel like the intake sounds are inconsistent. Would you happen to know which ones?

Any help is appreciated
Sponsored