Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
huh didnt see that before :hmm:
I'm wondering if there are just that many layers of exhaust soot build up on the exhaust tip and it just looks like you could peel it off!
Sponsored

RD29

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
I hit 5300 miles and got the low engine oil alert for the first time.

Added about 2-3 quarts of oil, since it was below the minimum level (took 3 measurements in different locations that looked level.) Engine oil then read at a normal amount, not going over max fill.

The day after I got a CEL, with no other warning messages. I'm thinking maybe I put in too much? Service appointment scheduled regardless. Wondering if that happened to anyone else yet.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera

Added about 2-3 quarts of oil, since it was below the minimum level (took 3 measurements in different locations that looked level.) Engine oil then read at a normal amount, not going over max fill.

The day after I got a CEL, with no other warning messages. I'm thinking maybe I put in too much? Service appointment scheduled regardless. Wondering if that happened to anyone else yet.
is it 2 or 3 quarts? Usually it's about a quart low when you get a warning.

RD29

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
is it 2 or 3 quarts? Usually it's about a quart low when you get a warning.
The level on the info screen said it was below minimum level and to add 1 qt. After adding the 1qt and driving to the gym, I took another measurement (and again when I got home) and it was still saying to add another quart.

I added another ~1.5qt this morning and had no issues driving to work (~20 minutes on the highway). Took a measurement and it was at normal level. CEL popped up after going to lunch ~5 minute drive.

I would think I just added too much, but the measurement didn't go above the 'max' fill on screen.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)

I think you over filled it. It should only need 1 quart and maybe 1/4 of a quart more if still showing slightly below max line.

-RJM

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The level on the info screen said it was below minimum level and to add 1 qt. After adding the 1qt and driving to the gym, I took another measurement (and again when I got home) and it was still saying to add another quart.

I added another ~1.5qt this morning and had no issues driving to work (~20 minutes on the highway). Took a measurement and it was at normal level. CEL popped up after going to lunch ~5 minute drive.
I really hate not having a dipstick as the sending unit could be faulty on the car. If it's getting an incorrect reading, that means you could have 2 quarts overfilled in your engine

RD29

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
I think you over filled it. It should only need 1 quart and maybe 1/4 of a quart more if still showing slightly below max line.

-RJM

I really hate not having a dipstick as the sending unit could be faulty on the car. If it's getting an incorrect reading, that means you could have 2 quarts overfilled in your engine
Yeah I wish we had one. I don't trust the computer reading it for me....I will take another measurement when I get home.

Thanks.

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.

-RJM
I think you added too much. You might have blown a gasket if you overfilled it. I hope your car will be ok.

RD29

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
I think you added too much. You might have blown a gasket if you overfilled it. I hope your car will be ok.
lol yikes! Iā€™m going to have its oil changed tomorrow.

- Checked the container I used to refill and it was just under 2qts total. So at worst, it's 1qt. overfilled.
- Oil level was still under max and 'normal' when I measured it.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Last edited:

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.

- Checked the container I used to refill and it was just under 2qts total. So at worst, it's 1qt. overfilled.

My daily driver is a 2019 Honda Civic SI. These cars are known to have oil dilution problems. Some people have had the oil reading half way up the dipstick. I haven't heard of a blown gasket, so maybe I'm wrong about your Supra. Good luck.

Raidernation

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten Silver 3.0 Premium Supra

Good call on the oil change. A $100 bucks and some change is easy peace of mind and way cheaper than a blown motor.

RD29

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Good call on the oil change. A $100 bucks and some change is easy peace of mind and way cheaper than a blown motor.
Yeah about that. I brought it in and got a call a few hours later....they tell me the oil cap was missing and the car was now a few quarts low. Honestly, no idea what happened. I 100% remember putting the cap back on and making sure it clicked into place. I even ran a measurement when I got to the dealer in the morning and it read normal level. Stupidly I never popped the hood to check when I saw the CEL but we'll see.... :doh:

If I was driving the 10 miles home from work without an oil cap and oil "everywhere on the engine cover" I would think that would be noticeable after I got out of the car (there was no oil smell/smoke or anything I noticed while driving or after I parked.)

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah about that. I brought it in and got a call a few hours later....they tell me the oil cap was missing and the car was now a few quarts low. Honestly, no idea what happened. I 100% remember putting the cap back on and making sure it clicked into place. I even ran a measurement when I got to the dealer in the morning and it read normal level. Stupidly I never popped the hood to check when I saw the CEL but we'll see.... :doh:

If I was driving the 10 miles home from work without an oil cap and oil "everywhere on the engine cover" I would think that would be noticeable after I got out of the car (there was no oil smell/smoke or anything I noticed while driving or after I parked.)
The dealer is lying about "a few quarts low". Even if the cap is off, that's on top of the engine, oil does not flow upward

dominickvaiana

First Name
Dominick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0
Supra showing oil level at minimum only after driving 1500 miles brand new?

Anyone get this and what do I need to do? Iā€™ve only driven the car 1500 miles and this came up.

31A444C6-5A15-4583-98D6-BC3B03209B76.jpeg
This JUST happened to me and I was at 2900 miles. I put a quart in and I was good.
Sponsored