Carplay has disappeared

Aslamsupramkv

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
This could definitely be the issue, but I would lean more towards an OTA update. I would think any competent DBA could fix something like this in a day or two max.

Source: I'm a SQL DBA.
Here is a script that might fixit in sql. Lol

UPDATE [BMW].[dbo].Supra_GR
SET applecarplay = ‘true’
WHERE vin= ‘xxxxxx123’

???
Sponsored

Manny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86 & Lexus RC F
This could definitely be the issue, but I would lean more towards an OTA update. I would think any competent DBA could fix something like this in a day or two max.

Source: I'm a SQL DBA.
The work is probably not time consuming. The red tape is what might be. I spend hours, sometimes days, just to bounce a server due to forms I have to fill out. :confused1:

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

SupraPaPa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Add me to the list. Worked fine when I drove earlier in the week, then was non-existent last night. Hopefully they get it fixed. I bought my first iPhone just for this purpose, although I am not sure I would really miss it. I wanted it mainly for Waze but given the fact that when Waze connected to Carplay, the audio alerts would not come through the system anyway,,,so may not be a great loss.

Tokio

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
For what it’s worth I’m a BMW owner and have the exact same issue. An iDrive update came in a few days ago, and at first my CarPlay just wouldn’t connect saying it wasn’t activated, then it was removed entirely. Never had this issue in the last 2 years.

Called BMW and they said it’s a known server issue on their side. I guess despite having Apple CarPlay activated the car isn’t getting that message. No clue when it would be fixed. This has basically settled my decision to go with Tesla for my next car, unbelievable BMW has this issue again.

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition #1455
The work is probably not time consuming. The red tape is what might be. I spend hours, sometimes days, just to bounce a server due to forms I have to fill out. :confused1:
Yeah, I could see that being the case. But usually, at least for the corporation I work for, these types of issues are considered production outages and are addressed immediately.

Manny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86 & Lexus RC F
Yeah, I could see that being the case. But usually, at least for the corporation I work for, these types of issues are considered production outages and are addressed immediately.
The cars are built, bought and paid for already. I seriously doubt Toyota/BMW will see this as production outages. My guess is 3-4 weeks best case and 2-3 months worst before we see CarPlay back.

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
The cars are built, bought and paid for already. I seriously doubt Toyota/BMW will see this as production outages. My guess is 3-4 weeks best case and 2-3 months worst before we see CarPlay back.
It is a production issue because it affects a subscription service, which has nothing to do with cars having paid for already. It might not seem critical to Supra owners, since the subscription is free at the moment, but I suspect there are BMW owners who have paid for the service. In any case, Toyota/BMW will see this as a customer service issue and will address it soon enough.

I work in IT, for a company that offers cloud-subscription products to millions of customers all over the world, and we respond fast whenever there production issues like this.

ogun228

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Turbulence gray Premium Supra
This has basically settled my decision to go with Tesla for my next car, unbelievable BMW has this issue again.

You mean that your car buying decisions are based on infotainment and not driving capabilty? How odd!

Manny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86 & Lexus RC F
It is a production issue because it affects a subscription service, which has nothing to do with cars having paid for already. It might not seem critical to Supra owners, since the subscription is free at the moment, but I suspect there are BMW owners who have paid for the service. In any case, Toyota/BMW will see this as a customer service issue and will address it soon enough.

I work in IT, for a company that offers cloud-subscription products to millions of customers all over the world, and we respond fast whenever there production issues like this.
I see your point but I know Toyota is not seeing this as a production issue. Cloud services is a different animal than manufacturing cars. It has been a week since we lost it. In your job I doubt any outage would last this long.

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
997.2 GT3, 2021 A91, 2008 S2K CR,
Carplay has returned for me as of 12/6 at 12pm CST.

UFGators

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra launch, 2021 Supra a91
Mine still doesn’t work.
Sponsored