Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires for winter in New Jersey? or full wheels+tire set?

Azure

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looking for Supra
I know there are multiple posts about winter tires but I have a specific question to my situation, and I know the stock summer tires are a hell no for winter. I live in NJ so we get some snow but anything real bad and I would stay home.

Would these tires be good for all year driving with some light snow?

if not, I should probably get a second set of wheels and tires... I've seen a few posts where some 18" wheels didn't fit the brake calipers, how would I be able to tell if a set of wheels clears them? does anyone have any wheel and tire combinations that they are using with full specs?

i dont even have a Supra yet but am planning for the future since it will be my only car haha
Sponsored

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
I wouldn't have a complete extra set if you don't plan on driving in the snow. The stock rubber is not great under 40deg, but you can still drive safely. Just use your head and leave traction on.

If you are hot dogging (Which we all agree is almost automatic in these) winter tires and cold stock tires are both going to lose traction.

Snow tires are designed to get you around in snow, not drive it like your at the track.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
If by light snow, you mean it doesn't accumulate on the road, then with Michelins you have to watch it during turns and stopping distance and be cautious about patches of snow...

If you have the means, Conti is an extremely good all arounder for even packed snow.

OP
OP

Azure

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looking for Supra
If by light snow, you mean it doesn't accumulate on the road, then with Michelins you have to watch it during turns and stopping distance and be cautious about patches of snow...

If you have the means, Conti is an extremely good all arounder for even packed snow.
I would want the ability to handle snow in case I ever get stuck in a storm but would try to avoid it. I definitely would switch from the Michelins. I know they are a great summer tire but I am more into backroads than tracking it and probably wouldn't need the full capability if I could get away with the Conti's for winter. if I got one this Spring I would keep the Michelins on until next October/November, and then would switch.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Get a dedicated winter set. You have stock wheels with summers, get another cheap set of wheels with winters. Best of both worlds. Or, put winters on the stock wheels if they're the ugly chrome and black ones, and buy a nice set for your summer tires.

First Name
Eric Lerner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, BMW M550I,X3
Get the dual setup...you wont regret it. there is no replacement for a dedicated snow/winter tire especially in the north east. This is an extra must if this is your ONLY car, and its rear wheel drive.

THOOPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20' C43 AMG, 18' Model S, 21' STI, 23' Supra
Get a dedicated winter set. You have stock wheels with summers, get another cheap set of wheels with winters. Best of both worlds. Or, put winters on the stock wheels if they're the ugly chrome and black ones, and buy a nice set for your summer tires.
I just bought a set of the two tone OEM wheels for a winter set up. What wintertires + tire sizing do you recommend I go with? New to the tire/wheel life. Considering the Blizzaks.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
@THOOPRA Blizzaks are great. For snow you want narrow tires. You want the tires to sink into the snow, not ride on top. So since you got a stock size set of wheels, I'd go 235/40/19 up front and 255/40/19 in the rear. Slightly taller sidewalls will help with the slight stretch and give you a little more ground clearance. On stock suspension you won't have any issues.
Screenshot_20220916-010004_Samsung Internet.jpg
Sponsored