OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
Beautiful. Car market is nuts right now. A used car with an accident has a reserve price higher than what I paid for a brand new ā€˜21 o_O I guess Iā€™m glad I picked one up early on.
The market for 2.0s seem to be ā€œokā€. The 3.0s are holding their values very, very well. Iā€™d be stoked if I were you lol.

somekindafuzz

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Honestly, when I bought it, I fully expected that I was essentially lighting money on fire. I thought by now people would be trying to dump them for $45k or so. Itā€™s definitely nice to have had a car for 2 years without having paid much for it (in terms of depreciation).

If I didnā€™t love it so much, Iā€™d be tempted to sell it. I love the matte paint. I think it would be cheaper for me to wrap my car in matte PPF than lose money through taxes and such by switching cars.

doesnā€™t look like reserve is gonna get met. Maybe someone will try to snipe it at the end or something.

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
Honestly, when I bought it, I fully expected that I was essentially lighting money on fire. I thought by now people would be trying to dump them for $45k or so. Itā€™s definitely nice to have had a car for 2 years without having paid much for it (in terms of depreciation).

If I didnā€™t love it so much, Iā€™d be tempted to sell it. I love the matte paint. I think it would be cheaper for me to wrap my car in matte PPF than lose money through taxes and such by switching cars.

doesnā€™t look like reserve is gonna get met. Maybe someone will try to snipe it at the end or something.
I have no doubt that the ā€œSupraā€ name alone will hold its weight. Couple that with a bitchinā€™ color. Nope, I think it should hold its value decently šŸ¤ž

somekindafuzz

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
They changed the certified pre-owned part to mean that theyā€™re 100% guaranteeing someone has owned it before you. Theyā€™re so sure, theyā€™ll certify that someone else put miles on it šŸ˜‚

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
I had a friend that bought a CPO Prius, didn't know both front and rear bumpers were replaced prior to purchase. The paint didn't match very well, that's the only reason they found out. Nobody mentioned both bumpers were replaced and painted.

For Toyota to certify a car as CPO, the car can't have more than 3 repainted panels. What a joke right? 3 painted panels could be bumper, hood, fender....AKA major damage.

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
"CPO" doesn't really have much meaning to it anymore. Simply a car with an extended warranty, nothing special about it.
Fair, but Iā€™d rather it be CPO than not.

And for people who arenā€™t planning on tearing apart the engine, an 8 year/100k mile power train warranty included with purchase is pretty damn good imo.

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
I had a friend that bought a CPO Prius, didn't know both front and rear bumpers were replaced prior to purchase. The paint didn't match very well, that's the only reason they found out. Nobody mentioned both bumpers were replaced and painted.

For Toyota to certify a car as CPO, the car can't have more than 3 repainted panels. What a joke right? 3 painted panels could be bumper, hood, fender....AKA major damage.
I hope thatā€™s a unique case. Maybe they only CPO the real shit boxes? šŸ¤£

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I usually don't have too much trust in CPO and definitely don't have any for Toyota reps checking BMW guts.

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
I usually don't have too much trust in CPO and definitely don't have any for Toyota reps checking BMW guts.
I think if it wasnā€™t clearly in an accident, the price would seem a little more fair.

When I first saw the auction, I was hoping for a low-reserve. This A90 would be a fair deal if it was in the low 50s.

Willow1308

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have lots of fun vechicles...
Over 400 used Supras currently on the marketā€¦

Prices are coming downā€¦

B4ACFF47-4555-42D4-B57E-84960FCD24FD.jpeg

Last edited: